Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Where do I buy a greddy lip for our cars?
    You can buy them on Ebay. They're for the Prelude though. You drill a few holes in the lip to match where the holes are on a stock lip, then pinch the lip between the bumper and the stock lip. There's a small bit of trimming involved, and you'll need to find a way to fasten the rear edges of the lip to the factory lip (I use screws). Once that's all done, sit back and enjoy the view. I might make a DIY thread with my current new one when I install it.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 03-14-2023, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Had the chance to get the new lip and my old dive planes installed back onto the car. I miss this look on the car quite a bit. Now just to swap my vented hood back on. I also went back through the earlier posts in this thread and re-uploaded a bunch of my old pictures.
      Last edited by Mike1357; 04-10-2023, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Looks good. I say neh to vented hood.

Comment

Looks good, what kinda fender flares are you running? I am planning to do some flares on mine.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Looks good Mike. Glad to see you’re still working on her. I love this look as well, always been one of my favorite builds.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
              Looks good, what kinda fender flares are you running? I am planning to do some flares on mine.
              They were just some generic 50mm Ebay fender flares from Russia. I did do a lot of measuring and checked product dimensions to find the ones that fit the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                The real GReddy lips are less than $300 now; they used to be $6-700. Might be your time to shine. Glad to see you're still around as well!
                The only thing that I can think of is either the injectors need to be cleaned, or the air filter is dirty. One thing to note is that when the car was last tuned, they installed a two foot long tube and a ram horn intake in place of the air filter (I assume to get better power numbers?) so once the air filter went back on, it was immediately running with less air than what it was tuned with?
                Interesting the prices have fluctuated so much. I just looked up what they charge for a 94-95 lip (what I used to run) and they're anywhere from $153-280. I actually pulled up my invoice from when I bought mine (in 2005!) and I paid $210 shipped ($159 for the lip, $51 shipping). I'm surprised they've stopped tracking natural inflation. I always thought the Greddy pieces looked the best on these cars. I remember the adventure to get the 94-95 lip to fit a 90-91 bumper since so few people put those lips on the earlier cars.

Comment

Working...
                X