Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mugencivic4dr
    replied
    i like you CB, where did you get the vent? i've been surfing the web and can never find a post that is current from someone selling them.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    I know full well I'm not the first. There's a guy down here with a dark green CB that has some custom canards that he made himself on it; the ones I have are made by the same company that made samrjr0044's. His thread actually turned me on to the manufacturer. I'm looking forward to seeing their rear diffuser when it comes out (though the price might be a bit to swallow).

I know I'm starting to tread into territory where some won't like what I've done with it, but this is the direction I've kind of always wanted to go with it. I've passed the point where I can still do the mods that every CB owner does; its time to cut a new path, and maybe inspire a few folks along the way. Ronald Type R is quite possibly the biggest influence and inspiration for me since my early days of joining. I can only hope I get to that level some day.

Leave a comment:

• SanJoCaF22DrAcc
    replied
    Originally posted by Quashish View Post
    I think you're the first one to buy these. I saw a cavalier with a splitter today. I laughed
    No he has to know that he's not the first person to rock canards on a CB7. One of my favorite builds had some on for a while samjr0044 <---link to his MRT

Not my personal taste, but at least is a valid attempt to be different than the rest.
    Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    I think you're the first one to buy these. I saw a cavalier with a splitter today. I laughed

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Thanks Trev.

I've rarely seen them on CB's and my fab skills aren't the greatest so when I saw Top1Motors had a kit I jumped on it. Up until now they were pretty much one off custom parts.

Leave a comment:

• Jking72
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Front canards (I've also heard then called dive planes). In motorsports they're used to help aerodynamically tune the front end, similar to a front splitter. For me, honestly, it's basically a look thing.
    Ya I was just curious what they were, never seen anything like that before on a CB.

They do look pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• new_beginnings
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Front canards (I've also heard then called dive planes). In motorsports they're used to help aerodynamically tune the front end, similar to a front splitter. For me, honestly, it's basically a look thing.
    And looks great Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
    What are those? And what do they do?

Leave a comment:

• Jking72
    replied
    What are those? And what do they do?

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Installed:

Forgive the car being dirty as all hell; the weather has been a pain. Fitment isn't as perfect as I expected, but it looks damn good.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    I like the stereo so far. More adjustability and different input options. I love the key. Has a hefty feel to it, unlike stock Honda keys. Had it cut at Honda because I really didn't want it messed up.

These came in the mail today but unfortunately the weather sucks so I'll probably install them tomorrow. Seems like a nice kit for the price. Feels like a boomerang almost.

Monday I gave my upholstery guy some SE metal door inserts and a nice selection of cloth to re-foam and upholster my door panels (don't worry, the leather was trashed). They are going to look very nice and compliment the headliner quite nicely.

I have also upped the size of new photos I post and switched to a different uploader.

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    Kenwood ddx nice! And i was lookng for that key!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Swapped out for a better head unit:

Received this in the mail:

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Received these today. Now I'm just waiting on my hubs to arrive and it'll be upgrade time.

Playing around with an editor on my phone.

Keep your eyes peeled, I've got some pretty aggressive visual plans for this baby.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 01-27-2014, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    What can I say, I try.

Pictures for the new page. (I know you all like picture books better)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X