X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sikz6
    replied
    Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
    Man nice progress on the car. Now you need a swap to complete it.

thanks! i don't know if i'll do a swap, although, i might just do a na build with the f22 or boost it. we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Man nice progress on the car. Now you need a swap to complete it.

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    I just meant the whole ex thing. "We're housemates now."
    yeah lol i know.
    Yeah...still a bit more work left to do.
    yep, a lot of work still to do. no where close to where i want it to be.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Originally posted by sikz6 View Post
    yeah roommate, or well technically, housemate. we are in separate rooms.
    I just meant the whole ex thing. "We're housemates now."

almost
    Yeah...still a bit more work left to do.

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    "Roommate"

And Jesus tits!! Them's some beautiful fucking welds.
    yeah roommate, or well technically, housemate. we are in separate rooms. Yeah i didn't lie, he does some amazing work. he could open up his own shop, he has enough side jobs to do it. his last job he made $800 for 16 hrs worth of work. I'd say $50/hr isn't too shabby. i don't know if you've seen this eg or not, but he's done most if not all the fabrication on this thing. It will soon be featured in a magazine as Raul has already been hit up by several different magazines. They are holding out for dsport though.

and the master welder there in the background :P

http://ht-archive.net/showthread.php?t=2743355

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
    That is some Awesome TIG Work.

The CB is hot!

...Almost as hot as the owner.

=p
    almost

Leave a comment:

• Makaveli2k
    replied
    That is some Awesome TIG Work.

The CB is hot!

...Almost as hot as the owner.

=p

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    "Roommate"

And Jesus tits!! Them's some beautiful fucking welds.

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    Kimbo, what you need to do is this:

Go to an exhaust shop. Have them cut/remove the section where the bar rubs. Install the bar. Then weld you in a new piece of pipe. Im not sure how cheap/expensive exhaust shops are in AZ, but a local one I went to a few years back charged $50 to custom bend 2.5" pipe from the cat to the axle AND install my axle-back setup.

I dont see why they couldnt or wouldnt do that for you. If they wont install the bar, see if they'll let you come in real quick and install it yourself.

Just thinking out loud.
    yeah i know i could always go to an exhaust shop. Why do that, when i have the best welder in town as my roommate? I want even the exhaust to look immaculate. but seriously i want quality work, so i would have aaron do it, if it is going to be custom. It's just a matter of us working out a time where we both have the same days off. It would take probably 2 or 3 days. These are his welds on an intercooler. I could look at these all day, so beautiful and perfect.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Kimbo, what you need to do is this:

Go to an exhaust shop. Have them cut/remove the section where the bar rubs. Install the bar. Then weld you in a new piece of pipe. Im not sure how cheap/expensive exhaust shops are in AZ, but a local one I went to a few years back charged $50 to custom bend 2.5" pipe from the cat to the axle AND install my axle-back setup.

I dont see why they couldnt or wouldnt do that for you. If they wont install the bar, see if they'll let you come in real quick and install it yourself.

Just thinking out loud.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Accord
    replied

thanks man, how are things? any better since the last time i talked to ya?
    im getting by day by day but making it threw ! things have improved a bit though (other then the condition of my cb but i ended up picking up reliable car that gets me out of town when i need to. so the cb is mostly used for handy man jobs and just going around town)

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    but thats what I don't get though, you've got a stock exhaust right? and it doesn't clear THAT? my ST cleared my larger Greddy Evo2. Yeah thats really weird right there part numbers all match up as well right?
    yep stock exhaust, and yes it looks like the part number matches up. 51120. it's not that it doesn't clear it, it's just that to install the sway bar it would push the exhaust to the left about an inch. Thus, causing it to rub badly. I don't know if the previous owner re-welded the exhaust and messed up the position of the exhaust or what.

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    but thats what I don't get though, you've got a stock exhaust right? and it doesn't clear THAT? my ST cleared my larger Greddy Evo2. Yeah thats really weird right there part numbers all match up as well right?

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

you did make those bends in the sway bar point downward right? just had to make sure...you didn't mount it up upside down right?

like this?

or like this?

because with it positioned like the first picture it definitely wont clear the exhaust and the bushings wont come close to the drop down brackets.

i had it positioned like the 2nd picture, plus the middle part where the bushings are, has to be like this \_____/ if i flip the bar the other way it would be upside down. the middle of the sway bar (where the bushings are) should be the lowest part when mounted.

Leave a comment:

• RICHIE*GT35R
    replied
    wow thanks, your coupe is really amazing. By far one of my favorites, if not my favorite! One day maybe my cb will look as good as yours.
    Thanks! Looking forward to see what you got for the CB.

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
    The last time I saw this car was when it was white... wow has it changed a lot! I'm really digging the progress!
    thanks!
    Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
    car is looking good!!!
    thanks man, how are things? any better since the last time i talked to ya?
    Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
    how much was the paint job? home
    around 1500 from maaco, but that was with repairing rust damage and color change (i.e. all door jambs), but i can honestly say i won't go back to maaco for another paint job. or at least the one that i went to. i'm pretty much a perfectionist and so even the tiniest little things bug me and i found a lot of stuff (little things) that weren't done or were sloppily done. but you get what you pay for. so i cant complain too much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X