No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not very often you look at a transmission and think, "huh, that's cool". Definitely a great upgrade. I'm jealous.

Comment

I cannot wait to drive the damn thing!
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Can you guys help me find where D10 Green/Red to charging system goes? Electrical load detector? I think it goes to the cluster, but I'm having difficulty finding it.

Thanks!

Comment

To the underhood fuse box:
          http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...2.jpg~original

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well, I'm not keeping the under hood box lol. This might actually be the biggest pita for wiring. I can't leave it out because then I'd have to fix the alternator output. I wonder if I can wire it externally or use a standalone voltage regulator?

Thanks for the help BTW!

Comment

On second thought the cost vs utility of using an aftermarket fuse and relay box is terrible at this point in the build.

Comment

here's some terrible photos. This won't be the final product this is just too prove design functionality before I make a permanent harness. I plan on getting new connectors and clean wires later down the road so there is no splicing.

Comment

Wow , you got rid of a lot of wires. Great progress, are you keeping the stock intake manifold for your build?

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

At this point yes. I'm just trying to get the car running for this season.

Comment

Another question regarding the ELD. I'm finding conflicting sources of information on the different forums. Some say that the alternator constantly runs in low mode, but when the ELD drops the voltage down and turns the alternator into high mode. Some say it runs similar to that but instead of just low and high there is off, low, and high. Other sources seem to say that its analogue and the output from the ELD isn't stepped and the field strength of the alternator changes as the load changes instead of stepping. Any input would help as I don't have a running car to test it.

Thanks

Comment

It's probably a pwm style of control. I've read that the ELD is a current transformer (haven't looked for myself yet) and the ECU actually controls the voltage regulator in the alternator so it probably is some type of variable system.

Are you going to keep the stock fuse box with the ELD?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'm one fence. Yea the ELD is a transformer. It's not a pwm, judging by the fact that looks like a solid state analog device with just a power ground and signal. I took mine out to look at it. also the output voltage changes from the eld, it has nothing to do with pulses. I don't think I'm going to use the stock fuse box though. if I use the stock fuse box its going to look bad and out of place, but an aftermarket one is expensive. I priced out the cost to build a Rhywire box clone and it still comes out to about $300 so I'd be saving $100 if I built it myself but spending a lot of time doing so.

Comment

I actually may use an Arduino to control it I've had one laying around and I wanted to use the Arduino to monitor wheel speed and maybe some other things too so maybe that'll work out.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                              Just paid for the trans!

M2Y4
                              Carbon Synchro Rebuild Kit
                              Mfactory Helical LSD
                              Mfactory 4.64 Final Drive
                              Mfactory Bullet Input Shaft

James advised against straight cut gears for my uses, so I passed. And new 2 and 5 gear lol. So stoked!
                              Boost with a 4.64? = Track car??

Comment

Uh... yea lol. Car is literally going to be a shell with powertrain, brakes, suspension, and lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X