X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsx projectors meng

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Nice. Those perform very well, from what i've seen. A simple color mod makes the cut-off super colorful. IIRC, those are low-beam only right?

If i was going to do a full-size projector retrofit, i'd use TL bi-xenon projectors with a clear lens from TRS and i'd color mod the shield.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I actually decided not to do the washer mod. It would make it look fuzzy. But I don't think they are bi-xenon. But nolan is doing the retro for me, so I am waiting for him ^_^

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Ah, i see.

I think it depends on a few different variables because i've seen very crisp, very colorful cut-offs that have been modded. Some of the 'fuzz' may just be all the color above the cut-off. I suppose there is a give and take between looks and performance...like all car mods.

Some people take it too far. HIDPlanet.com is full of examples of good and bad color mods. I was going to give it a try for the first time on my morimotos this coming weekend when i swap my bumper. I won't go nuts though....just a little more color than what i have now would be cool.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Man I loooove your setup! It looks clean as fuhhhh! Can't wait to see more either.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Thanks, Alex. I appreciate that.

I can't wait to see yours either, bud.

Im thinking about using another pair of shrouds that i have. They're premium Iris shrouds from TRS. Should be cool lookin', but it'll definitely be way different than the mini gatling-gun shrouds that are on there now. While im doing that i'll play with the color mod and see what i can come up with..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Oooooh sounds good. I am also getting another set of gattling gun shrouds again. But I do kinda want e46r ones. Do you have any pics?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

E46 shrouds are sick. But i see a lot of them. I chose the Iris shrouds because they're super slick looking and somewhat uncommon.

Do i have any pics of what?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

The shrouds. And do ya thang man! Fuck what they lookin at.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

lol...which shrouds?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=4548 <--Iris

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=131 <--E46

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=206 <--E46 extended

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=5009 <--mini gatling-gun

I'll have pics of my new shrouds im my thread once i get a chance to mock them up/install them.

Sorry for the thread jack...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

The iris one! No problem lol, I asked for a picture! And I must say I like the smoothness. Kinda reminds me of MDX shrouds.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

They were modeled after the VW Tiguan shrouds, but yeah, they do look like MDX shrouds too.

They're a lot wider than the mini gatling. Should make the projectors themselves look bigger and fill up more of the reflector bowl. Not sure if it'll make it look bug-eyed, but i wanna try it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Oooooh it would be sick if you painted it like blue! It would look like eyes then!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

hmmm....like mine...

Never thought of that. I like the idea, but it'd have to be subtle and just as reflective as the chrome.

hmmm...now you've got me thinking. I do have a gallon of B-49M...i was going to use some for a few accents on the car...this might be one of them.

Great idea, bud!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

peeking in to see if it's still clean...

...looks around...

... Yup, still clean. Looking good!
                                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X