• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, nice progress! I like everything i see so far

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
    1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

cats attitude is like my dogs...i like the way the retro turned out looks good keep it up
      1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
      2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Thanks. Waiting on ddm tuning ballasts thinking about proceeding with actual retrofit this saturday regardless. Then just do day time driving. I ordered today so hopefully not too long of a wait....

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Heard ddm tuning sucks with shipping

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I also heard that....and that their parts quality has taken a nose-dive.

Anyways, do i see a gold ring on those shrouds?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

24k sharpie gold ring yes sir

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Nice. It looks pimp.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Agreed. Love the gold accent.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Thanks cb fam

Minor set back in the pursuit of awsome today... Got my tires rotated, balanced, and aligned. But... Either americas discount tire or big o scraped my lip even after I told them about it and that I'm lowered. I shouldve looked before leaving each place but I feel weird like getting down and inspecting my car after. I shouldve. But idk if this could be related but I never noticed before. While I was washing my car I was like what!! My fender is taller than my hood?

Could it be related? It ask because it seems they scraped getting on the lift then hooked the lip from the inside on the way down. my bumper cover itself lifts up a little. I have yet to take it off to check out the plastic slide clips on the sides of the bumper idk man. ... I can re paint stuff but idk whats up with that fender

Last edited by Quashish; 09-08-2012, 05:49 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Damn...this is why i do all my own work. You can't trust people to care about your ride as much as you do. Im sure they know how to get a lowered car onto a lift, but they might not have taken extra care when they did...

I would take it back and ask a few questions. Tell them it wasn't like this before you had them work on it and ask them what they think about it. Then ask them if they want to make it right.

It may not be a huge deal...you might just need to realign the fender, but if something is bent/crushed/dented in any way, you should have them fix it...if you still trust them to do it right.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Yah I was thinking about taking it back but they would just deny fault. Idk

Nothing looks bad on the engine bay side of it. But yah. I wish I could do my own alignment.

I'm not sure which place it was either. Last time I was at big o they boarded up my car to get it on. Idk why they wouldn't this time. I think it might have been them for that reason.

However last time I took it to americas discount they scraped not that bad though.

it was all free because I paid $139 I think for 5 year alignment at big o and I bought the wheels and tires from americas discount so they do free rotation and balancing.

I'll have to check it out

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

As a loyal customer, they should be willing to fix it free of charge. Tell them exactly what you said here, about the boards. Ask them why they didn't do it this time if they knew it was the right way. Point fingers and stay firm. But be polite. If they refuse, tell them to fix it or you will make a report to the BBB (better business bureau) and that you won't return to them for service unless they impart some good-will and fix their mistake.

With the info provided, that's how i might go about it. But if you're really not sure, best not to make waves. Just ask them to help you out since you're a return customer. Most shops will make an effort.

Good luck, bud.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Damn dude, Now I see the fender raised, hopefully the frame is okay. I doubt anything is wrong with it, but just check it to make sure. Plus the lip doesn't look toooo bad, at least they didn't break it. I hope all goes well bro. Best of luck.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

What's the rubber piece supposed to seal on?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I believe it's just for storage purposes. Some people cut them off, others leave them on. In some headlights, like the newer VW, it can be used to seal the hole you have to make in the housing to link the bulb with the ballast.

Comment

Working...
                                X