C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

PERFECT cuttoff! Now it'll look BOSS with hids.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Nice.

Everything is lookin great, bro! Are those the new MH1 v5? I like the foreground limiter. Wish i had some for my D2S..

The cutoff is almost there..looks like the bulbs need to be seated better to get rid of the bow effect. The cutoff in most cases is perfectly straight and crisp all the way through the step, especially in morimotos.. Steps should be parallel and level.

Usually bulb seating can fix a lot of that. Aiming at a distance is better than up close. Lets you see the true shape of the beam pattern. Usually 25ft or so is good. Make sure they're not too high and you're set.

This is my cutoff with D2S minis and philips 4.3k bulbs.

My cutoff is NOT perfect. Im still fine tuning it every now and then. You can probably get better results than me with a little time and patience.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

They are hid's alex 4300k 35w

Driving around tonight they seem to be aimed good. Sits at the rear bumper of other cars. I still need to find a wall I think theres one around my friends house.

What you mean seating the bulbs? Cuz they have 3 little bumps that fit into the back of the projector

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Sometimes, actually in most cases, the bulbs don't sit flat with the seating surfaces. If that happens, they will reflect differently inside the reflector bowl which can throw off your hot-spot and since lens focus increases intensity, your light output as well.

With the D2S base, it was easy to grind away tiny, tiny bits of material till the hot-spot was dead center and as intense as possible. Im not sure what can be done with the MH1 base. I bet hidplanet.com has plenty of info on it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

ill check tomorrow im happy with the passenger side but the driver side does look a little bowed up close like you said.

this is on a wall though, pretty straight

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

This is it!

Weird thing happened though. Driving home tonight I guess I hit a bump and my passenger side light turned off? But I turned them off then on again and it was fine. Should I check something?

Is it supposed to flash bright for a second before it goes dim and warms up?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Also got like 28 smd led bulbs for the licence plate light and I forgot what the ones I got for the reverse lights are. I also got a black gear box handle from a junked cb. There was a 90 se there with black leather... Something told me to get the door panels but ehh
                      Last edited by Quashish; 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Handle/boot looks awesome

Comment

Wow, that NRG e-brake is pretty sexy lookin. As far as your HID's go, are you using a relay harness to run the bulbs or are you just plug-n-play?

Comment

Thanks ive always wanted that particular handbrake. Simple but kind stands out. I think I want to make my own boot for it with yellow stitching need a machine though. And I still gotta do my driver side sun visor.

Yes i an using the harness pictures of it are on page 3

Edit: crap would that 90 se have black sun visors?! I need to go back if it does...
                            Last edited by Quashish; 09-25-2012, 12:07 AM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

No, all SE's have grey/tan headliners and visors like all other CB's.

Comment

ok cool. i needs a new sig

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X