H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
    Well if you make it better I should be able to knock it out in a weekend. I will just have to wait till you get done with the updated version.
    I'm going to try and knock it out in a day. I know that's one hell of a goal but... I think I can do it. The last swap I did I started at 9am and had the automatic and all the auto stuff out read for the 5 speed stuff to go in at 12:30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      I'm the kinda guy that never knows where he may end up. So we won't rule anything out!
      Oh Yeah! hahaha .. See? Have Josh will travel ...

On topic, this is getting pretty good .. keeping my eyes on it!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
        Oh Yeah! hahaha .. See? Have Josh will travel ...

On topic, this is getting pretty good .. keeping my eyes on it!

Starting to get some live action in here...

Almost ready to start clicking buttons here in a few. Got a shopping cart on RockAuto and one on eBay calling my name.

Comment

Grand total of $407.

Only thing left is the OEM rear main, MTF and brake fluid.

Comment

I've been reading that the slight miss at start up could be a head gasket. The miss with it ever so slightly losing coolant hints to that. I'm going to put some dye in the coolant system and that will tell me for sure what's up.

I've read on here and it's happened quite a few times, it doesn't really hurt anything. But it can get worse.

Once the swap is done I'm doing the A/C system. Removing everything, replacing all the seals, using the specified solvent in the lines, reassembling, installing a new compressor with the clutch then pulling vacuum on it.

I think I made mention earlier in this thread that I have a couple cases of R12 that I will be pulling two 12 oz cans out of and using. The molecules of R12 are a lot bigger so if there was a leak (there won't be as I will be pulling vacuum and I'll know ahead of time) it would hold R12 a lot better than 134A. And simply put R12 is a lot colder.

After this I have the steering rack still yet to service. I think that's going to run me about $250. Plus an alignment.

Then I will address the head gasket. Who knows what I may find in the meantime. I may find it's something else and fix it long before. But after the previous two procedures (A/C and steering rack) off comes the intake manifold to have the EGR ports cleaned and the JDM F22B DOHC throttle body and H23A1 plenum installed. At this point I will consider taking the head off. If it still misses for a second at start up and I'm still losing coolant with no external leak visible then the head is coming off.

If the heads coming off the JDM F22B DOHC head is going on. It's milled 0.005 with H23A1 cams. At this time I will install all new timing belt components and will likely leave the balance shaft belt off. The F22A4 exhaust manifold will replace the F22A6 at this time as well. I will run it on a PT6 for a while as many have in the past.

Just specifying the direction in which things are headed.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Conversion mount and Valex Racing clutch line arrived today.

Comment

Man, your such a tinkerer.

I would have thrown in the towel on the automatic long ago seeing as your planning on converting to manual anyways.

Digging the progress, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                  Man, your such a tinkerer.

I would have thrown in the towel on the automatic long ago seeing as your planning on converting to manual anyways.

Digging the progress, keep it up!
                  I was planning to do the conversion after I bought my '86 F250 a new fuel system, got it installed and ready to go. But being as this thing was having transmission problems (and still is) I decided to tackle this first instead.

I've reached a point to where I'm confident enough in myself to tackle anything given I have enough information.

Comment

More parts came in today.

Driver side engine mount and front torque mount.

Driver side CV shaft.

Clutch slave and master cylinders.

Flywheel.

CV shaft seals and shift rod seal.

Comment

Hey Josh with those anchor mounts how do you feel the quality is? I've been needing to buy mounts for my 90 but heard mixed reviews on those mounts.

Comment

I love getting new parts. I've been thinking about switching over to innovative mounts for a while now. How's your experience with them been?

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
                          Hey Josh with those anchor mounts how do you feel the quality is? I've been needing to buy mounts for my 90 but heard mixed reviews on those mounts.
                          I've used them in domestics for quite a while. As for parts store parts go they seem to be better than most. Autozone and Oreilly's carry the Anchor line as well.

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                          I love getting new parts. I've been thinking about switching over to innovative mounts for a while now. How's your experience with them been?
                          Never used them before. I'm predicting fitment issues though. A brief test fit reviled this.

Comment

Hmm, tuned in for the answer on that. Funny, you're using almost the same parts I did when I did my 5 speed swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                              Hmm, tuned in for the answer on that. Funny, you're using almost the same parts I did when I did my 5 speed swap.
                              If you have time wait a couple mins and I'll post up the fitment issues.

Comment

Hmm fitment issues? Is it the mount for automatic transmissions or is it the mount for 5 speed swap? I'm about to order one off of Amazon and would like to know if its a simple swap lol. I'm talking about the torque mount BTW.

Comment

Working...
                                X