No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are pics of the fitment issue. A file will need to be taken to the transmission housing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
      Hmm fitment issues? Is it the mount for automatic transmissions or is it the mount for 5 speed swap? I'm about to order one off of Amazon and would like to know if its a simple swap lol. I'm talking about the torque mount BTW.
      This is an Innovative auto to 5 speed conversion mount. The work needed to make it sit flush is very minimal and not of any great concern. Just making note of it.

Torque mount auto/ 5 speed is said to be the same.

Comment

Weird. How's the progress otherwise? Got the pedals in yet?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
          Weird. How's the progress otherwise? Got the pedals in yet?
          Naw. I want to do this start to finish in a day. Straight through. And I don't have my camera equipment figured out and everything yet.

Comment

So I changed out my torque mount same exact part you have and wow..... Never knew my motor mount was so shot no more hood vibrations in reverse. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
              So I changed out my torque mount same exact part you have and wow..... Never knew my motor mount was so shot no more hood vibrations in reverse. LOL.
              Yep. Even one mount being bad can cause some shacking issues. And one going bad can ruin the others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                And one going bad can ruin the others as well.
                The same thing applies with adding a mount to the mix that's substantially stronger than the rest. If you have four OEM mounts and replace one with a 90A urethane mount, the vibrations on the others will be exacerbated when the new one no longer absorbs engine movement.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  The same thing applies with adding a mount to the mix that's substantially stronger than the rest. If you have four OEM mounts and replace one with a 90A urethane mount, the vibrations on the others will be exacerbated when the new one no longer absorbs engine movement.
                  At this point I'm glad I didn't purchase the other mounts as I would likely just have three more mounts I need to make unknown modifications for in order to install. That prediction based off the mount I did buy.

There are plans to change all the mounts over but not immediately. Driver side will be urethane, rear as well and I will fabricate my own for the front.

Comment

Bought the clutch. It's on the way. That's all I'm waiting on now.

Comment

Clutch! Lemme drive. I still would like to know how the flywheel responds once you break it in, sir.

I meant to ask, what's your profession?

Comment

Clutch! Lemme drive. I still would like to know how the flywheel responds once you break it in, sir.

I meant to ask, what's your profession?

No problem. It's just a normal flywheel. Clutch might be changing IDK yet.

Auction Picker / Reseller at SWMO Region MPAA is my title. I was a one man band for a while. Dealing in mainly RC planes, helicopters, boats and cars. I bought a closing hobby shop and gradually auctioned all of its contents. Took about a year. Realistically I make investments. That's my profession. I currently have a business partner in which we own two businesses. Johnny Buds and Ozark Mountain Greens. Both marijuana dispensaries and both are physical however non-operational as marijuana is not legal here yet. When it is we will be in operation within days to weeks depending on licensing requirements and permits. And no I do not smoke pot. I have in the past but it's not my preference.

Comment

Your beard has many stories I see. That's cool man, I dont smoke pot anymore either. I used to be high like 24/7, pretty big down point in my life. Regardless, investing is a good idea. I've thought about investing in no kill animal shelters.

Comment

Your beard has many stories I see. That's cool man, I dont smoke pot anymore either. I used to be high like 24/7, pretty big down point in my life. Regardless, investing is a good idea. I've thought about investing in no kill animal shelters.
                            Eh... I like hearing stories as much as I like telling them.

I never really "smoked pot" I tried it a couple times and I just didn't like it. It didn't have an effect I liked.

I kinda don't have a choice. I can't work. Or I can but it would kill me physically. I can work for myself and do stuff but if I had a boss he'd fire me. I'm slow and I have good days and bad days. Some days I'm in too much pain to leave my office chair or bed. After my accident I was reimbursed for my medical bills totaling way way into the tens of thousands and for my disfigurement and suffering. I took that and had to figure out how I was going to continue to provide for myself for the rest of my life. Only choice I really had was investing in a business of some sort. And at 20 I made a lot of mistakes. Some that were almost detrimental.

Comment

OEM shift boot, OEM rear main, and VSS are all on their way. Will be kicking it off soon.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X