Boost_Lee : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
    ...and im just going to stop estimating when its gonna run, i keep taken longer than i should. sigh

i experienced this too....it sucks. so much shit comes up when you think your soo close.

ps, theres a package leaving my house heading towards yours tomorrow!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

and im just going to stop estimating when its gonna run, i keep taken longer than i should. sigh
      Or you could just finish.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

sweet...bout time i replace these balljoints...ive been riding on them bad since i bought the car in 01/02

i have a good feeling that im going to crank the car up on wednesday

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

lets hope so. I want to see a vid of it. some pics would be cool too.
          OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

fuck!

so close today. cranked the motor for a while to get the oil going throughout the motor after fixing a HUGE water leak from the hardpipe. Wired in the 3 bar map sensor (hope its right), and got the axles n wheels on. then, i ran out of time and couldnt get the spark plug wires on...sigh. it was right there.....maybe later tomorrow

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq

Comment

Damn she is gonna be fired up really soon then hugh.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

yea, but i need to order wires for the b1. they are longer than the f22ax wires

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq

Comment

NGK Blues it will match your VC lol.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nice Burleigh. I did not see a breather element/filter on your oil catch can. If that is the case, it has to breathe somewhere in the crankcase ventilation system, just FYI. I just installed my catch can after some research and got it fitted up with hoses and all like yours, but get the filter tomorrow and will integrate it into the can then. Obviously install the filter on top the can or near the top to let the gases breathe and oil drip to bottom.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

yea cisco thanks. i already have the catch can differently assembled after that pic. In that pic, i was going to route 1 VC line to the cath can, then the catch can to a preturbo vac source on the intake. i dont want the chances of oil in my intake track again, so i changed the setup after the pic was taken. i flipped the can upside down and the unplugged the drain tap and installed a barb fitting to a K&N breather filter element. Now the VC lines will run to the bottom of the can and vent out through the top of the can.

should be good now im going to modify some wires to fit the b1 for now so i can break it in while the NGK blues come in next week

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq

Comment

dude, your car is beautiful.
                        ]

Comment

yea cisco thanks. i already have the catch can differently assembled after that pic. In that pic, i was going to route 1 VC line to the cath can, then the catch can to a preturbo vac source on the intake. i dont want the chances of oil in my intake track again, so i changed the setup after the pic was taken. i flipped the can upside down and the unplugged the drain tap and installed a barb fitting to a K&N breather filter element. Now the VC lines will run to the bottom of the can and vent out through the top of the can.

should be good now im going to modify some wires to fit the b1 for now so i can break it in while the NGK blues come in next week
                          Sounds good, except I don't like the idea of the ventilation lines going to the bottom of the can for the reason of it will take alot less time to fill that can and when it does, it can drain back. Also, if the engine creates vacuum back into the motor under certain situations, it will suck back oil condensation. Lines should be near the top of can at below or same level as filter. Really, there are alot of junk designs for oil catch cans out there and DIYs that do it wrong. That is why something simple was frustrating for me when I wanted to install one, I like doing things right and once. Modify yours to work, there are too many expensive cans out there that you still end up having to modify, it's ridiculous.

Comment

excellent point. i can cap off the vent, flip it right side up and drillandtap the barb fitting above or behind the 2 vent lines. maybe that will be better. i totally forgot about considering the can when it is filled with oil

lol thanks ricer, you've always stuck by my car dude

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq

Comment

excellent point. i can cap off the vent, flip it right side up and drillandtap the barb fitting above or behind the 2 vent lines. maybe that will be better. i totally forgot about considering the can when it is filled with oil

lol thanks ricer, you've always stuck by my car dude

Just looking out for you bro. You are more susceptible to higher crank case ventilation volume than I because you're forced induction and should be making good power based on your build. You need to get that straightened out. Also keep in mind the hose you use should be fuel/emission line because of the oil vapors, coolant/heater hose will not work well as it is not compatible with such fluids.

Comment

yea im using 3/8" fuel line for my hoses. i'll flip that badboy over today and hpefully get it squared away. thanks cisco

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                                11.68 @ 127mph
                                417whp/375wtq

Comment

Working...
                                X