No announcement yet.

DJ Hizzle : 1990 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some shots of my car at the Norm Reeves Honda Car Show this passed weekend.

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

Dag i love this car.

Comment

Looking good, as always.
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

fresh

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

How is your front suspension set up to achieve 0 degree camber? What modifications did you have to do to the body to fit? What parts did you run?

I had Ingalls Anchor Bolt kit (1.25-3.0) with my camber set at -1 (about 2.8 degrees of correction) and I was destroying my upper control arms. I currently have the anchor bolts removed and am running no camber kit, with my camber being 2.8/3.2 (as of last week's alignment appointment). I couldn't go any negative with the 1.25-3.0 kit as the design interfered with the control arms. I would like to know how you achieved your fitment, as I'm wanting to get something similar. For my rears, I have wicked tuning rear camber kit waiting to get installed, and I have some 5mm spacers to use if there is any more space left. I do want to figure out a way to deal with the front though. thank you for any guidance you can offer!

*EDIT: so you just went at it with a sledgehammer and shaved the edge of the control arm? what is your front camber kit set-up?
            Last edited by P5ylance; 07-08-2013, 04:41 AM.
            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

ur car iz sexii bro...
              My signature was removed because it was too big.

Comment

Nice Ride! Very clean! I love the pro shots!

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                  How is your front suspension set up to achieve 0 degree camber? What modifications did you have to do to the body to fit? What parts did you run?

I had Ingalls Anchor Bolt kit (1.25-3.0) with my camber set at -1 (about 2.8 degrees of correction) and I was destroying my upper control arms. I currently have the anchor bolts removed and am running no camber kit, with my camber being 2.8/3.2 (as of last week's alignment appointment). I couldn't go any negative with the 1.25-3.0 kit as the design interfered with the control arms. I would like to know how you achieved your fitment, as I'm wanting to get something similar. For my rears, I have wicked tuning rear camber kit waiting to get installed, and I have some 5mm spacers to use if there is any more space left. I do want to figure out a way to deal with the front though. thank you for any guidance you can offer!

*EDIT: so you just went at it with a sledgehammer and shaved the edge of the control arm? what is your front camber kit set-up?
                  If at any point i said that my camber was a 0 degrees, I must have been high. lol, cuz thats not true. my camber angles are probably about 2 degrees in the front, maybe a lil less in the rear. on the fronts, i also have the Ingalls anchor bolt kit, And the adjustment range is maxed out. But yes i did modify the upper control arms, and the shock towers.

Here you can see the amount of modification to the UCAs:

And here you can see modification of the shock tower. Simple took a hammer, and hammered from the inside of the shock tower to bubble it out, which allows more clearance.

With the ride height that car is sitting at right now, all of this allows me to comfortably drive on normal condition roads without fear of the UCA smacking the inside of the shock tower. Any lower, and ill start having problems.

IG - @WerdWerx

Comment

Just install a new piece to the puzzle. Greddy Gracer front lip. =)

IG - @WerdWerx

Comment

drop dead sexxy bro

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Oh hehe cool thanks! Yeah I took a blowtorch and a sledgehammer to my shocktowers and maxed them out. The air conditioning sticker started to come off from how much I domed it out. I'm at -0.8 in the front and a finger gap. I want to go back to -1.0 because I'm slightly rubbing my control arm. I didn't trim or mess with my arm at all, so I hit the shocktower enough to clear everything by a fingernail

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
                          drop dead sexxy bro
                          Thanks man!

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                          Oh hehe cool thanks! Yeah I took a blowtorch and a sledgehammer to my shocktowers and maxed them out. The air conditioning sticker started to come off from how much I domed it out. I'm at -0.8 in the front and a finger gap. I want to go back to -1.0 because I'm slightly rubbing my control arm. I didn't trim or mess with my arm at all, so I hit the shocktower enough to clear everything by a fingernail
                          Nice man, sounds like its working out well for you. But yeah it takes some trial and error to get it perfect.

IG - @WerdWerx

Comment

Love the new front lip!! Sex
                            92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

fasho! yeah, your fitment inspired me A LOT. for some reason i thought you almost had 0 camber so that inspired me even more to get even closer to -1.0. I'm only at a finger gap, but it started to settle, so now its like half a finger/almost at the tire tread. my dome started a finger gap away from the fender haha. when i test fitted the control arm i had ultra clearance on the drivers side, it was my passengers side that was a fingernail away from clearing.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X