No announcement yet.

owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iab are garbage and slower for ur h22a, a 3/10th of a sec on a 1/1 mile is a lil slower to me, i have my box gone and vac line commnected to it, it stays close and at idle and at wot its open

track tested, bien diesel aprroved
    knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Well, update.

I have put about 1200 miles on the H22 and it is running flawlessly.

The only issue I am still having is the common idle surge.

I am running an auto F22 IACV though, which is most likely the culprit.

It was starting to surge occasionally on the F22 while it was still in the car.

I checked the FIV and it is closing properly, so that shouldn't be the issue nor should the coolant lines, or coolant level.

I will go ahead and order the respective coolant lines and seal for the H22 IACV, and see if that does't cure the issue.

I also am going to replace the O2 sensor in the near future. I know based on previous discussion on here that the P13 runs rich anyway, but this is ridiculous!

I wash the car, and 3 days later, it is covered in soot again, not to mention the contstant smell of gas and the nice cloud of black smoke it leaves behind on VTEC engagement.

The O2 sensor is original (230K), that is why I am suspecting it too.

There must be some other contributing factors, because I just can't see Honda programming something to be THAT rich from the factory...

If they have, then I will get it tuned ASAP.

Gas mileage isn't bad honestly. I routinely get about 25-26MPG in the city and my highway mileage has increased from 29MPG to 32MPG in the course of about 1,000 highway miles.

I honestly didn't think it would be that good with the H22 gearing, because most of my highway cruising occurs at 4K all day.

That is nice for not having to downshift, but it is also a little more noisy than it could be. Louder music was a simple solution...

It appears that I finally will have a weekend off, as I have been flying a lot on Saturdays, and have had a lot of other stuff to do.

I am going to try and get the reverse lights taken care of this weekend, as well as get the CC hooked back up and functioning.

I went through the diagrams last night, and there is basically a 1 wire difference.

Instead of going to the auto wiring crap, the pink wire goes to the clutch switch, and then the clutch switch goes to ground. When you push the pedal, the switch opens, breaking the path to ground and disengaging the cruise.

My clutch switch is bad, so I can't go directly to it, but I will work something temporary out until I can get that replaced and then I will get the clutch switch wired up correctly.

I also need to get the clutch interlock working.

The axles must be replaced in the next 2 weeks. We are having that Poker Run and they are not sounding good. I don't expect to be on it, but I do expect to do a little cornering, so they will most likely be new very soon.

For the most part though I am just enjoying the car!

It is certainly more responsive than it was, and it is ultimately faster, but many people are unrealistic about the H22.

It is essentially a slightly stronger F22 until you hit VTEC. Then it is a different engine, but you have to be all the way up to 5400-5600 to appreciate it. By then it is only about 2K until redline, so there is a narrow power band.

Moving VTEC engagement down the 600-800 RPM will make the engine much more effective.

The first thing I am looking forward to tuning is the X-over point, and moving it where it should be.

I am also looking foward to getting the AFR's in the right spot for appearance reasons (when I get on it) and also probably because it will save me some MPG. Even 1 or 2 MPG would be worth it.

I also need to get my 2.5" Cat welded ASAP so that I can get it on the car with the correct 2.5" downpipe (still running the DC F22 bottom half).

I added a K&N panel filter to the airbox, but I need to open it more, because I am sure I don't have enough flow area through the 2 tubes.

Hopefully a full tune, the correct downpipe and a freer flowing intake will result in more power.

It will also serve as a baseline, as from there it is getting modded.
      Last edited by owequitit; 03-06-2007, 04:56 PM.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Wired up the reverse lights and the cruise control.

The cruise doesn't work at the moment, but that is because I have a bad brake switch, which is one of the necessary inputs.

I used the swich off of the car that the pedals came from, and apparently the brake switch AND the clutch switch were bad.

I will order a new clutch switch ASAP, and grap the old brake switch off of my original pedal next time I go home.

I will post a DIY in the swap section about cruise control.

Comment

if you dont want your cruise control or have it removed, you should check out my diy on the oem talight killswitch lol
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
            if you dont want your cruise control or have it removed, you should check out my diy on the oem talight killswitch lol

Nope. Mine stays fully loaded. I didn't strip anything out, nor do I want to.

Spend to much time on the highway to get rid of anything, which is why I rewired it. I just didn't know I had a bum brake switch (the rest of the switch works fine).

lol! It's like with the AC. Removing AC in AZ would be suicide. People here would rather be the slowest car on the road than lose the AC. LOL!
            Last edited by owequitit; 03-15-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

oh dam...look sexy.....new paint?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Woah, this is original paint? What color, it doesn't look like frost white. So did you just get the bumpers/moldings painted? It looks nice. I was thinking I wanted a color like that, now I see its' just oem... frost white? naww.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                  Woah, this is original paint? What color, it doesn't look like frost white. So did you just get the bumpers/moldings painted? It looks nice. I was thinking I wanted a color like that, now I see its' just oem... frost white? naww.

Yes, it is OEM Frost white.

I had to have the rear end fixed from an accident, so the whole car isn't original, but most of it is.

That is when the moldings were painted.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                    oh dam...look sexy.....new paint?

LOL!

Thanks for the compliment!

No new paint.

Just a lot of maintenance, wax, and a good camera.

Comment

Flawless.. One of my favorite CB's

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Wow. That is some pretty none white frost white... I guess it's just the lighting next to the water. You have any pics of the the color just sitting outside or where it looks more frosty?

Edit: Wait, Maybe just b/c there is no black to make it contrast more it looks different. I really like it, makes me want to stick to OEM frost white.
                        Last edited by ilovemycb7; 03-26-2007, 11:56 PM. Reason: New idea to add in
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
                          Flawless.. One of my favorite CB's

Wow! Thanks! I didn't expect that!

Comment

hey man a picture is worth 1000 words, but.... it still cant cover your mod list. good work mang im lookin to get the s2000 antenna seeing as mine broke.
                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                              hey man a picture is worth 1000 words, but.... it still cant cover your mod list. good work mang im lookin to get the s2000 antenna seeing as mine broke.

I love mine. A great $20 mod.

I need to get more pics, I know, but I don't have a camera, and I have some rear end damage that needs to be fixed from a Redneck in a truck.

Comment

its still a grandma car with gold calipers geez what a ricer.lol.you should drive that sweet hatchback you got instead of this thing.lol. see you tommorrow man.
                                im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                                93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                                90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                                91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                                92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                                93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                                92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                                93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                                92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Working...
                                X