No announcement yet.

owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everything is so well done on this car. that and super clean! you definately pay attention to details. it shows.

upcoming updates/mods?? no sneak preview?? lol

anyways good job, sir! beautiful car you have there!

Sean
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
      everything is so well done on this car. that and super clean! you definately pay attention to details. it shows.

upcoming updates/mods?? no sneak preview?? lol

anyways good job, sir! beautiful car you have there!

Sean
      LOL!

Thanks. Nobody seems to have noticed that in my brake pictures, one of my center caps was loose!

The only stuff in the pipe line at the moment is what I have posted, and unfortunately, there are no pics of it.

I will try to get at least some crappy digi pics when I get the interior done. I still have a lot of wiring to do though.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Got my next couple of projects done or in progress.

The gauge cluster is now wired and working (except the dome light, which I am still deciding how I want to engineer the fix).

All interior lights are now matching amber in the OEM style. No LED's, funky bulbs or anything else. Just replace the stock bulbs if one ever goes out.

They match pretty much perfectly, but oddly, the lighting is more even on my switches than it is on the cluster.

I also need to order the the 2 climate control bulbs behind the buttons, since one of mine was burned out, and I forgot to order one. I should be able to order those tomorrow.

I need to figure out how I am going to take care of the ignition switch and the cigarette lighter though. They have colored bulbs, so I am going to need to find amber bulbs with the same dimensions.

JDM amber ITR clock received and installed.

Started installing the leather today.

The back door panels are in, and they look sexy.

Black leather on white looks even better than I have been imagining.

I am waiting for a call back from the AZ MVD so they can give me the information I need on how to transfer my VIN plate from my original dashboard over to the black dashboard.

Hopefully they will give me a call tomorrow so that I can get that taken care of.

If I have to, I will just sport a black leather with maroon dashboard interior until I find out.

I am going to clean the carpets tomorrow, and then hopefully get the front seats and the rest of the plastics in tomorrow.

The back seat should be done as well. Still deciding if I want to chance pulling the 17 year old parcel shelf for paint, or if I just want to paint it in the car.

I need to trim the front door panels to clear my front speakers, trim the dash bezel and dash to clear the gauge cluster, and I will be golden.

Need to clean all of the seatbelts as well.

After this, I don't have much left I want to do to the car.

I want to finish the suspension bushings, get a strut tower bar to replace my old Neuspeed one, and get a bigger rear sway bar, and finish it off with the camber kit, at least in the front.

Then the rest is all power upgrades pretty much, although, I am sure I will find something else.

LOL!

I will try and see if I can get pics sometime.

Comment

it has been awesome to see this car come together before my eyes guys.

i only wish i still had mine to still park next to it.

this car is much better in person than pics will ever do for it.
          im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
          93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
          90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
          91 se accord 4 door SOLD
          92 lx accord coupe SOLD
          93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
          92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
          93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
          92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Is that ALL you have planned?! /sarcasm

Comment

lovin the whip. Real clean!!!
              92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
                it has been awesome to see this car come together before my eyes guys.

i only wish i still had mine to still park next to it.

this car is much better in person than pics will ever do for it.

LOL! Thanks.

Any word on that maroon coupe?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                  Is that ALL you have planned?! /sarcasm

LOL! Yeah, I don't know if there is much else for me to do.

Luckily, a lot of the mechanical stuff that needed to be done, (including all the bushings) is age related anyway.

I forgot too that I need to replace all of the door rubbers, as some of them are starting to fall apart. I will probably do 1 door at a time with those.

Other than that, I pretty much have just been able to mod the car, because I have never really had mechanical issues of any kind.

I always did my routine maintenance though.

All in all, I really enjoy the car, because it is a white four door and nobody thinks anything of it.

It isn't obviously modified, and it isn't obviously stock. So I get a lot of funny looks from people, because they can tell it isn't normal, but at the same time, they can't tell what has been done to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Chinnn
                    lovin the whip. Real clean!!!

Thank you for the compliments. Hopefully, I will have at least a few new pics soon.

It is raining today, so I don't know how much more of the interior I will be able to get done.

I need to pull the car out of the garage for more room to pull everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      LOL! Yeah, I don't know if there is much else for me to do.

Luckily, a lot of the mechanical stuff that needed to be done, (including all the bushings) is age related anyway.

I forgot too that I need to replace all of the door rubbers, as some of them are starting to fall apart. I will probably do 1 door at a time with those.

Other than that, I pretty much have just been able to mod the car, because I have never really had mechanical issues of any kind.

I always did my routine maintenance though.

All in all, I really enjoy the car, because it is a white four door and nobody thinks anything of it.

It isn't obviously modified, and it isn't obviously stock. So I get a lot of funny looks from people, because they can tell it isn't normal, but at the same time, they can't tell what has been done to it.

Certainly pays to have a well built, reliable project car. Definitely more fun to be modifying a car rather than just trying to repair it back to stock form.

Those confused looks are fantastic. Not much attention from the police, but much more attention from the public than a pure sleeper might get. Keep up the cleanness!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                        Certainly pays to have a well built, reliable project car. Definitely more fun to be modifying a car rather than just trying to repair it back to stock form.

Those confused looks are fantastic. Not much attention from the police, but much more attention from the public than a pure sleeper might get. Keep up the cleanness!

LOL! Yeah.

Of course it helps if your doesn't sound like an angry hive of bees, and you don't drive like an idiot.

I have never had an issue with the police actually.

And yes, it is nice to only draw attention sometimes.

Comment

yeah i just got ahold of him and now hes not interested but he couldnt just email me back and let me know. oh well i think im just not suppose to ever have a clean accord again.lol. looks like ill be keeping the beemer then.oh well at least for now.
                          im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                          93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                          90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                          91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                          92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                          93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                          92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                          93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                          92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
                            yeah i just got ahold of him and now hes not interested but he couldnt just email me back and let me know. oh well i think im just not suppose to ever have a clean accord again.lol. looks like ill be keeping the beemer then.oh well at least for now.

Damn. That sucks. It would have been courteous for him to at least let you know.

Comment

Door panels installed.

It has been raining everyday, so I haven't been able to get the car out of the garage to really take the big stuff out.

Everything is ready to go in though, it is just a matter of getting clear weather.

Hopefully, the carpet, seats, and the remainder of the plastic will be coming out tonight.

I also ordered a few little parts that I needed like the screw caps for the door panels.

I also had to order both front door handles, as I forgot they were missing. LOL!

So right now I am rocking the maroon ones.

I have the cluster wired and ready to go in, but I haven't heard back about swapping VIN plates yet. Damn MVD.

The amber conversion looks beautiful, and it matches the cluster needles perfectly.

Comment

Here are a few updated pics of the interior. Sorry for the crappy quality.

Here you can see the maroon dash is still in.

Shots of the plastic and carpet on the B pillars.

Here is a shot of the back seat.

The rear door panel.

Here is a bit of an overview shot of the back seat and interior.

I have one more of the shifter, but the camera died. LOL!

I will also try to get some night shots of what I have done with the dash light conversion.
                                Last edited by owequitit; 09-17-2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X