love the dizzy tuck

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

sweet cheeks mikey!

Comment

Can i just invite you down here to do a wire tuck on my cb...I will give you food and shelter...
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

You did the dizzy tuck better than the DIY. lol. I can't believe they cut the cap in that DIY, because every time you would need to change the cap the dremel has to come out.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

new picture from the CT meet this memorial day weekend!!

heres the thread with all of the pics from the meet if you havent seen them: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=105791
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-05-2014, 12:11 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Wow, that's a clean engine bay!

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

every project you ever done is amazing man, very well planned an thought out
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

boy you ride looked better in person!
                  back at it again

Comment

good looking car man great to meet you at the meet. Hope my car comes along soon lol

Comment

you running bump stops ???
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Lol f**k the wire tuck, Now we're dizzy tuckin
                        Cars looking immaculate as always Mike

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

mikey.... I drove your car! ha i bet no one else has (maybe justin, but becareful on those valves lol)

bump..

atx old school quote "cleanliness is a mod itself"

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                            atx old school quote "cleanliness is a mod itself"
                            That is going back in time
                            That statement alone - x? . . . times nothing, it cant be rated and, Can't be beaten

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

so, my alternator belt fell off the other night.

WAY back when i first purchased the belt, i had to measure up and find the next closest belt that should fit. they didnt have the exact size so i opted for the slightly larger. once i actually installed it though it was too loose, so i had to add shims to the tensioner to make it as tight as possible, but it still just wasnt tight enough. it squeaked on startup and in any kind of humidity. squeaked constantly with the a/c turned on.

i never bothered to to go back and replace it, since it worked, and i hardly used a/c.

so the whole time its been slowly shredding itself, its been leaving bits of rubber all over the driver side of the engine bay. "ill do it later, ill do it later..."

so this last weekend on my way down to NJ for some 4th of july plans, it was POURING POURING RAIN, hot as hell, so i had the a/c running and all the defrosters on. in other words, FULL load on the belt. it would NOT stop squeaking - which was a little odd normally i was able to play with the clutch/rpms and get it to go away.

no 2 minutes later i hear a screech, felt a large THUMP under the car, and then... silence.... and a battery light.

so unfortunately it was still raining and it was late and dark, and i was in a pretty remote area.... so i killed the headlights, turned everything off, and kept going as long as i could. i could not see a single thing out there in the storm, so i followed the brake lights of the car in front of me as far as i could. i couldnt see anything on the road, no lines or markings, just other cars... so i stayed somewhere between the lanes, bouncing off of the rumble strips on either side.

i ended up making it to a local diner in the town my friend lives in, so he picked me up and we measured replaced the belt the next day.

sooooooo... the moral of the story is... dont wait, i guess. what are the chances that the belt decides to fall off in the exact conditions when it is absolutely MOST critical. no power or defroster or anything is VERY hard to cope with, constantly wiping the windshield down with a hoodie while im trying to keep from slipping around is not easy.

so i ended up going with a Dayco PolyCog belt, part number 5050435 (5PK1105).

5 = dayco polycog
                              05 = 5 ribbed belt
                              0435 = 43.5" effective length

it took a while to select that particular one, my friend and i were at the belt rack in the back of autozone for a good while checking them all one by one with a tape measure... apparently it came from the 1.8L in a 1984 toyota camry... lol
                              Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-08-2008, 03:38 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

damn mike that shit sucks ass. at least u got to fix it quick

Comment

Working...
                                X