• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Do u have a plain profile pic of this car

I wanna see the drop

How's it going by the way

Where is Chrisisiced

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

CPMike, did you diagnose your cam and rocker problem, also Im not good at japanese but check those yahoo.jp auctions for em, I seen a few euro r parts, just dont know of what the fuck really.
      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
      Pm meX
      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        this problem is rediculous, apparently it happens to many people but nobody makes mention of it.

fortunately the rest of my head is fine, the cams and rockers are replaceable, just... what the hell... what now? stock cams are only a bandaid...

ive been running mobil1 10w30, i plan to use redline from now on.
        I was using mobil1 for a long time myself in my car and found that it may have lead to exactly the same problem you're discribing.

I don't think I'd reccomend redline oil though. I'd reccomend royal purple or amsoil.
        check out this test that was done with royal purple:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvhRi7-iMA
        the "leading brand of synthetic oil" in the test clearly looked like a 1 qt bottle of our favorite Mobile 1.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr View Post
          I was using mobil1 for a long time myself in my car and found that it may have lead to exactly the same problem you're discribing.

I don't think I'd reccomend redline oil though. I'd reccomend royal purple or amsoil.
          check out this test that was done with royal purple:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvhRi7-iMA
          the "leading brand of synthetic oil" in the test clearly looked like a 1 qt bottle of our favorite Mobile 1.

this video is VERY misleading, it does not compare mobile 1 synthetic to royal purple synthetic but synthetic RP vs conventional. Pay attention to that kind of stuff. RP is still good but mobile-1 synthetic is not that bad
          ____

Comment

as for the rocker problem, its due to the skunk2 valve springs being too stiff. i have a set of stock springs/retainers and cams, i just need to track down a set of rocker arms. then ill swap all that in and drive it like that, until i decide on an ultimate plan.

anyway i just wanted to post up the good news, that ive finally tracked down and purchased a 1992 Toyota SR5 pickup. V6 extended cab 5-spd 4x4. the tires that are on it are slightly undersized, but i bought it with a set of 31" chunky tires mounted on black wheels included.

heres a quick cellphone picture, of course ill be posting up more info/pics/updates in the future. the pic is a little washed out, it appears grey, but its actually a little more green.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-05-2014, 12:13 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

needs boost.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

as for the rocker problem, its due to the skunk2 valve springs being too stiff. i have a set of stock springs/retainers and cams, i just need to track down a set of rocker arms. then ill swap all that in and drive it like that, until i decide on an ultimate plan.

anyway i just wanted to post up the good news, that ive finally tracked down and purchased a 1992 Toyota SR5 pickup. V6 extended cab 5-spd 4x4. the tires that are on it are slightly undersized, but i bought it with a set of 31" chunky tires mounted on black wheels included.

heres a quick cellphone picture, of course ill be posting up more info/pics/updates in the future. the pic is a little washed out, it appears grey, but its actually a little more green.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/92sr5/toyotasr5.jpg[/img]
                ooo raise it and put the big chunky tires back on!!!!! off roading = the best part of owning a truck
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 10-14-2008, 01:03 AM.
                Blake.
                1994 Accord Part out!
                Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

dude...beautiful truck.

My all time fav though is a 85 toyota 4x4 sr5 (same as the black truck on back to the future) DAMN those early yot's are hot!

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
                  ooo raise it and put the big chunky tires back on!!!!! off roading = the best part of owning a truck
                  I can't get out of traffic cause of that damn curb

...curb..what curb???

Texas off ramp bitches

trucks are awesome
                  Last edited by bcjammerx; 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM.
                  ____

Comment

thanks guys, i spent all day today disassembling and cleaning the interior. next is washing & waxing, and once its registered and plated im going straight to wash the engine bay. ill make a whole thread for it later.

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    My all time fav though is a 85 toyota 4x4 sr5 (same as the black truck on back to the future) DAMN those early yot's are hot!!

curb..what curb???
                    hell yeah, i plan to make good use of this thing. curbs and overgrown brush are just speedbumps im also keen on its camouflageish color.

a lot of people mention how much they love the BTTF truck when talking about older toyotas. i agree, the previous body style would have been my first choice also (i prefer its exterior styling), except the '92 just seemed much more up to date for me as something to drive all the time and to work on. while it IS old, its still an OBD-1 EFI car with nice body lines and a very well laid out interior. its not so old that im sacrificing comfort or features while driving. plus now both of my cars are '92s... my fun fast honda and my useful reliable toyota plus, its hard enough to find these in respectable condition... i cant imagine trying to find a clean '85 for a good price.

Current cars:

Comment

lol nice yota man my dad had a few a 86 a 87 and a 89
                      back at it again

Comment

thanks guys, i spent all day today disassembling and cleaning the interior. next is washing & waxing, and once its registered and plated im going straight to wash the engine bay. ill make a whole thread for it later.

hell yeah, i plan to make good use of this thing. curbs and overgrown brush are just speedbumps im also keen on its camouflageish color.

a lot of people mention how much they love the BTTF truck when talking about older toyotas. i agree, the previous body style would have been my first choice also (i prefer its exterior styling), except the '92 just seemed much more up to date for me as something to drive all the time and to work on. while it IS old, its still an OBD-1 EFI car with nice body lines and a very well laid out interior. its not so old that im sacrificing comfort or features while driving. plus now both of my cars are '92s... my fun fast honda and my useful reliable toyota plus, its hard enough to find these in respectable condition... i cant imagine trying to find a clean '85 for a good price.
                        yeah, as much as I love that truck...having newer tech. is a major plus.

hmmm...v8 swap? I've wanted to do that sooooo badly.

One of my good friend owned a Tacoma (2000) that had a ls1 put in it, he couldn't romp on it though because he hadn't upgraded the rear suspension, didn't want to rip the axle off He sold it though, then bought an srt4
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Do u have a plain profile pic of this car

I wanna see the drop

How's it going by the way
                          this is super late, butttttt:

this is the best angles i could get considering its stuffed in my driveway behind my house and doesnt move.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-05-2014, 12:13 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

oh good lord it needs help ASAP

Comment

That is a good drop, prob. the best drop for our cars as far as a balance between performance and safety. Good stuff

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

this image:

reminds me of one i took of my sedan in 2004:

my coupe is on Neuspeed Race springs (2.2")

my sedan was on Eibach Sportline springs (1.8")

very similar looking drop, but you can tell that the front on the coupe is lower. its got a more agressive stance. to be honest ive seen in some places that the Race springs are listed as only 2.0" in the Rear, which is hardly discernable from the 1.8" of the sportlines.
                                Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-05-2014, 12:14 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X