Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d112crzy
    replied
    damn, aint that some shit. if you didn't hear any metal to metal contact, you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• quickangel93
    replied
    that sucks ass.

Leave a comment:

• Accord SiR
    replied
    Honda_Clio, NAiL05, gdout90accord, 91accordexr33, oneoffaccord, kamaccord, thanks fellas for the compliments. Thanks for the uplift as well. Shit happened just off a stupid mistake i made. I didn't even get busy with it yet.

LoDollar92LX, 1990HybridCB7, quickangel93, I'll get around to a leak down test or compression test sooner or later. But like I thought yesterday it may just have jumped a couple of teeth on one or both of the cam gears. I did have a chance to mess with it this evening when I got home from work. I just have to gather up the parts and just change it out. Shouldn't take to long to switch out.

Shadow1, Just heard a scrapping noise a pop then loss of power and I shut it off. No crunching of metal or anything like that.

excalibur02, if something happen inside, oh well, I just have to make it better I guess.

kamaccord, yes the fogs are working. Thanks for the compliments to my friend. I'll have her back up as long as theres $$$ of course.

Well here are some pics:

The Cause

The aftermath

The damage was just to the timing belt and cam gear. The intake cam was retarded/skipped aproximatley 5 teeth.

I'll keep everyone posted of course as I tear into it and check over everything.

Leave a comment:

• oneoffaccord
    replied
    damn carlos, you win some you lose some. it happens and it sucks. at least it didnt happen at nite time or racing someone. good luck.

Leave a comment:

• kamaccord
    replied
    The car looks great man. I hope there was no damage resulting from the wire. I am looking toward to the both of us attending the upcoming meet in March. Down from the home you most likely going slow enough to prevent any internal damage. The car is absolutely awsome. Buy the way, are all the front end lights working OK? Keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    that sucks to hear carlos! i know you will find out what it damaged. You would probably come back even harder!

Leave a comment:

• quickangel93
    replied
    i dont think you hit any valves. you got low compression pistons right? even if it slipped 2-4 teeth on the gear, your going to be fine. do a compression test first. if its lower than 120, you got problems. if its higher, you survived. get the timing belt cover off and adjust the gears again. also inspect the timing belt for any rips, if its ripped, get a new one.

btw can i ask you. where do you get the peices of pipes you use for the downpipe? i looks really clean. im thinking about making my own downpipe.
    Last edited by quickangel93; 02-04-2008, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990HybridCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
    get ahold of a leakdown tester, and do a leakdown test. if you bent any valves that will tell you exactly what ones...

X2, Hope everything works out for you Carlos.

The ups and downs of modding cars, shit gets frustrating sometimes. do what you gotta do man..... GL

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    fuckin shit...keep us updated on the bad news (if any)

looks good on the road tho, hope to see it someday, lol

Leave a comment:

• gdout90accord
    replied
    damn that dp is fuckin sex

welcome to the fadded cf hood crew

Leave a comment:

• LoDollar92LX
    replied
    get ahold of a leakdown tester, and do a leakdown test. if you bent any valves that will tell you exactly what ones...

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by Accord SiR
    And now for some bad news. On my way home hit a bump and lost all power after hearing some noise. Thinking it was my turbo was fd, low and behold one FUCKING LOOSE WIRE that wasn't bolted in place fell into my timing belt!!! Timing Belts 3 ... LOS 0. Kinda hard to see but a ground wire is jammed in between the intake cam gear and the timing belt.

So after getting it all together I have to take it apart and see if there was any piston to valve contact. I don't think anything touch but I have to take it all apart to make sure. OOOOOFFF

Oh well at least the Giants won! Sorry Pats fans.

dats dat bull sh** right there man. wtf? shnit. i hope the motor is still good. what kind of noise did you here? hopefully its something you can fix.

Leave a comment:

• NAiL05
    replied
    Damn! At least you got to drive her around. The DP looks good man. Now thats some good ol welding there.

Leave a comment:

• Honda_Clio
    replied
    it looks good man .. srry bout that . it does suck when somethin goes wrong with our pride and joy . hopefully it gets fixed soon and nothin big got damaged .. nice cb btw

Leave a comment:

• Accord SiR
    replied
    Finally got the downpipe extention welded up and installed on Saturday

And don't think that you don't gain any space by using esp.net traction bars. There so much space I can run a 4" downpipe...hint hint

Day was nice today, I finally got a chance to drive it in over 9 months and take some pics.

And now for some bad news. On my way home hit a bump and lost all power after hearing some noise. Thinking it was my turbo was fd, low and behold one FUCKING LOOSE WIRE that wasn't bolted in place fell into my timing belt!!! Timing Belts 3 ... LOS 0. Kinda hard to see but a ground wire is jammed in between the intake cam gear and the timing belt.

So after getting it all together I have to take it apart and see if there was any piston to valve contact. I don't think anything touch but I have to take it all apart to make sure. OOOOOFFF

Oh well at least the Giants won! Sorry Pats fans.
    Last edited by Accord SiR; 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X