No announcement yet.

steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my next mod is in the works; air ride. i'm ordering air-line this week and i have been finding sources for the rest of the stuff i need. i'll be making a custom 9-switch box myself, as well as some billet aluminum top-mounts for the engine bay. the rest of the stuff i have either located at a couple online stores or have friends that are going to hook me up. here's the tenative set-up:
    VIAR 480 chrome compresor
    5-gallon aluminum tank (polished
    8x 3/8" ARP valves
    4" cylinders on all corners
    manual push-valves on every cylineder for 3-wheeling and suck-up tucking
    4x check valves
    white 2000psi burst flexible air hose
    various little fittings and other stuff

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Air, huh?

Sounds good. Cant wait to see the outcome. Will it be mobile any time this summer or you gonna be working on it most of the time?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
        Air, huh?

Sounds good. Cant wait to see the outcome. Will it be mobile any time this summer or you gonna be working on it most of the time?
        its going to be mobile at all times, it will take less than a day to do all of it (tmy friend that is helping me with it has bagged or worked on probably close to 1/4 of the cars and trucks in town with air and personally has 3 vehicles with it). i will be gathering all the stuff to do it gradually and will have it all before i even start on the install. this is my only car (for right now, working on that) so i have to have it mobile. this may be a little ways off anyway.

i am almost completely broke right now, but for the entire spring semester and next summer, it is very likely that i will be working in china for a manufacturing company doing quality control for them! its a program through my school called co-op, where i work for 8 months and still get 3 hours of credit for it. at the end of that, i'll have made BANK so a lot of stuff will get done every weekend i come home (once or twice a month).

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

i've been spending a LOT of time cleaning up my car. 2 weeks ago i clay-barred, polished, and waxed it and i've also been doing a lot of work in the engine bay. so far i've deleted cruise control and taken out some a/c components as well as the last of the stock intake box. in addition to the parts i've taken out, i've also been spending a lot of time with rolls of shop towels, simple green and instant detailer. anyway, here are some quick pictures of my car at a local cruise-in last weekend. probably about 30 cars out, so not that big of a night, but still fun.
          i'll start out with the engine bay, since its what i've been working on a lot:

now a front-on shot with my new lower brow sticker and DIY eyelids:

and finally, just some random shots:

since i'm freaking broke, no air-ride for now, so i'm just doing cheap stuff. the next few things i'm going to do are:
          relocate the battery to the trunk
          remove the rest of the a/c (it doesnt work anyway, no use cluttering my engine bay with it)
          delete power steering and loop it with a small resevoir directly aboce the rack
          thin pusher fan for the radiator (like [cp]mike did with his rad)
          mild wire tuck, especially on the passenger side
          new intake, probably custom made, definately polished aluminum.
          and if i can swing it, an h23 manifold (polished), bisi IM gasket, and a header.
          Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 07-03-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

new wheels! picked them up today for 150. they look brand new, the guy before me took really good care of them. now i just need tires!

here they are, motegi 17" 8-spokes with a nice fat lip:

i'm debating on whether or not to paint the centers gloss white and leave the lip polished. input?

in other news, i have a car show this weekend and i jsut got a new camera, so i should have some good pics up by next tuesday.

Comment

That pic you showed me the other day of those wheels was really small, so I couldn't see them very well...but now that you have some good pics of them...I would honestly just leave the wheels as they are, then theres no room for error, and plus the silver/polished color just goes with your car already since stuff in the engine bay is polished and you don't really have anything else white on the car, save the window banner. The wheels are really cool by the way.

Oh by the way, whats the tire size on the wheels on your car right now? 195/60-15? or are they a size down from that?
              Last edited by mndude07; 07-22-2008, 07:17 PM.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice ride.
                600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  That pic you showed me the other day of those wheels was really small, so I couldn't see them very well...but now that you have some good pics of them...I would honestly just leave the wheels as they are, then theres no room for error, and plus the silver/polished color just goes with your car already since stuff in the engine bay is polished and you don't really have anything else white on the car, save the window banner. The wheels are really cool by the way.

Oh by the way, whats the tire size on the wheels on your car right now? 195/60-15? or are they a size down from that?
                  i am going to leave them silver for the show, but i was planning on doing white touches in the engine bay and my trunk when i re-do it and sell my current box. for the trunk, i plan on getting Power Acoustic marine amps (white body) and if (although unlikely) i get airride, the airlines will be white. for the engine bay, the VC would get painted or p-coated white with "endless Kustoms" masked off so it would stay polished, the distribuiter cap would get painted white, and probably some white samco coolant hoses. that is all if i decide to paint the wheels, which i am leaning towards right now.

the tires on currently are 60 series, but idk the width.

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
                  Very nice ride.
                  thanks man

Comment

I just got back from fastenall where i picked up a whole bag of bolts. can anyone guess what i'm going to be doing with these?

Comment

setting up the air ride? later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                        setting up the air ride? later.
                        nope, decided that i'm not doing that with this car. i'll save it for the s10 i am plannign on getting.

any other guesses? i give a hint, its similar to a product offered by TAS.

Comment

hmm, for replacing all the 10mm hardware in the bay? later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                            hmm, for replacing all the 10mm hardware in the bay? later.
                            ding ding ding!

yup, a bag of cap-head M6 bolts and another bag of stainless steel flat-washers that will be replacing nearly every 10mm bolt under the hood. when i get back to school, i will likely end up making a batch of polished aluminum-washers on the lathe, but for now the flat-washers should be fine.

Comment

i dropped the wheels off at my friend's dad's tire shop today so i can pick them up tomorrow with some brand new Kuhmo ecsta 205-40-17's on them.

on a bad note, though, i hit a fox a couple days ago and broke my 5th gen lip. it is just a little break, but a chunk around one of the mounting points still broke off from the rest of the lip. its staying of for the show, but i'm going to have to order a new one from phatness pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                                i dropped the wheels off at my friend's dad's tire shop today so i can pick them up tomorrow with some brand new Kuhmo ecsta 205-40-17's on them.

on a bad note, though, i hit a fox a couple days ago and broke my 5th gen lip. it is just a little break, but a chunk around one of the mounting points still broke off from the rest of the lip. its staying of for the show, but i'm going to have to order a new one from phatness pretty soon.
                                Dude, that really really really weird that you broke your lip because I just broke mine today lol....except I hit a vicious wild parking curb haha.
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X