steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking better and better Jayson.

I got that EGR in a working Monday, drove it tuesday with no codes, but i havent been able to drive it since.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post

Clean cb! Nice clear bumper and corner lights! Is that a color matched DIY grille? ^^^
      thanks man, fogs are coming as well and yes, its a color-matched DIY grill, but that will be changing soon. i'm not telling though

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
      Looking better and better Jayson.

I got that EGR in a working Monday, drove it tuesday with no codes, but i havent been able to drive it since.
      thats good to hear michael. let me know if you have any time this weekend to come down, that is if you dont mind grinding and sanding i need to get my bay smoothed ASAP so i can get it ready for paint. that is probably going to be the main thing stopping me from dropping the motor in when i get it built.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

this car is looking great

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          thanks man, fogs are coming as well and yes, its a color-matched DIY grill, but that will be changing soon. i'm not telling though
          Cool I'm the process of making a DIY grill but I dont know if it's goin to be color matched though...your grille is clean and so is your paint job! That an OEM paint job?
          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            thats good to hear michael. let me know if you have any time this weekend to come down, that is if you dont mind grinding and sanding i need to get my bay smoothed ASAP so i can get it ready for paint. that is probably going to be the main thing stopping me from dropping the motor in when i get it built.
            Icksnay on me going anywhere man. Dislocated kneecap and sprained MCL got me holed up until further notice.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

update time again, this time with pictures!

first up, when i had the welder i shaved the core support:

here is my engine bay in the first coat of self-etching primer. i put this down after I wire-wheeled the surface rust that was starting to form off. a LOT more grinding is going to need to be done before i am ready for the last of the self-etching primer. here are some in-primer pictures, which give you a good idea of about what it's going to look like when it's all painted and such. also notice the shaved and smoothed headlight supports:

here is a picture of the dash and some of the air/heat components out :

and some shots of the wiring to give you an idea of what is going to happen. not one wire has been cut yet, just kindof in the planning stages. my focus is on the bodywork in the engine bay right now, so the wiring is going to come later.

stay tuned! im going to be working on it off-and-on all weekend, then really hit it hard again as soon as i can for as long as i can. i am aiming for completion by a show at the end of may that is about 100 miles away, so i want some testing and tuning time before then!

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

man i'm not getting any love?

well update time again, i havent really done a whole lot, but it looks like ive done a shit-load. i ground down the welds on the passenger side, primed everything with self-etching primer, then started bondo-ing everything. nothing has been sanded with higher than 60 grit, but it already looks a LOT better than it did.

unfortunately i found a couple small cracks in the driver side around the engine mount, so i need to borrow the welder again before i do any more work on that side. until then, the passenger side and the firewall are going to get all of the attention!

pics:

the smoothed out headlight support and a sneak peek at the (sorta) smoothed out core support

not quite smooth yet, but its getting there

all the shit that still has to come out before paint!

Comment

Its starting to look sick man. I can't wait to see some paint on that bay with the H22.
                  There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                    Its starting to look sick man. I can't wait to see some paint on that bay with the H22.
                    thanks adam, i cant fukin wait

Comment

good luck man. shit is looking good. take your time to perfect it or it wont look right..

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                        good luck man. shit is looking good. take your time to perfect it or it wont look right..
                        thanks man, i'm definately taking my time with this project! no corners are getting cut whatsoever, im yanking everything in the bay down to the brake lines and the clutch line just so its perfect.

Comment

damn this is exactly what im trying to do loooks goood !

Comment

damn.... wish I wasn't so busy.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

damn dude its looking sick. you will have a clean ass engine bay for sure

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22accord View Post
                                damn this is exactly what im trying to do loooks goood !
                                thanks man, mine is going to be clean but not gonna be putting out NEAR the power you are! i just took a quick look at your members ride and your car is sick man, it took me a while to even see the shaved moldings they look so good. the s2k's are a nice touch too

Originally posted by quakerjoe View Post
                                damn.... wish I wasn't so busy.
                                lol me too joe!

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                                damn dude its looking sick. you will have a clean ass engine bay for sure
                                thanks man, that's what i'm going for. its going to be a ton of work though.

Comment

Working...
                                X