No announcement yet.

steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the turbo setup I was planning on running, I completely deleted the butterfly plate from the h23 mani that I was going to use. It made the manifold so much shorter(thus more torque). I wish I could have installed it to know what kind of low end was there.
    The guy that bought my whole setup said that he couldn't keep traction in first or half way through second. So you might even consider that... although he did have a turbo to help out, hmmm. Anyway, I would recommend removing the B.plate or leaving the butterflies in. Just my $0.02.

later

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by quakerjoe View Post
      For the turbo setup I was planning on running, I completely deleted the butterfly plate from the h23 mani that I was going to use. It made the manifold so much shorter(thus more torque). I wish I could have installed it to know what kind of low end was there.
      The guy that bought my whole setup said that he couldn't keep traction in first or half way through second. So you might even consider that... although he did have a turbo to help out, hmmm. Anyway, I would recommend removing the B.plate or leaving the butterflies in. Just my $0.02.

later
      thanks man, i'm going to try all three options out; butterflies in, out, and IAB plate removed completely.

look for another update this afternoon after i get off work, i
      m uploading pics now.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

update time again!

first off, monday night i went to guy's house to pick up a spare head (advertised for $25, couldnt pass it up!) and some new plug wires, and he ended up being a guy who used to drag race a civic with h/f engines. it also turns out, that he didnt have a honda anymore, so his stockpile of old engines and parts was just taking up space. he sells me the head and plug wires, then gives me almost the entire stockpile for free! i ended up getting an h23a1 short block, a bare h22a head with most of the internals either new or bagged up, spare cams for the h22 head, h22 intake manifold, an f22a1 head, a custom-welded aluminum short-ram with an aerospeed filter, a complete accord engine harness, a set of jdm h22a pistons and rods, DSM injectors, 2 distributers, a transmission scatter shield for an h23 tranny, and some other little stuff! i filled my parent's camry front seat and back with engine stuff, all for the $30 i gave him for the head and wires. i am still amazed at this guy's generosity.

here's the haul:

now, onto the update. i finished cleaning off/wire-wheeling the clutch resevoir and replaced the three bolts on it with my painted stainless washers and hex-cap bolts.

cleaned up,

installed,

and DOMO!

i did the same treatment to the hood latch. wire wheeled it, replaced the bolts, and painted the plastic cover satin black.

the cover needs some work, but i am very happy with how the latch turned out.

i finally got the throttle body i was needing and cleaned it up inside and out. no before pictures, but it was FILTHY!
        here it is after:

it doesnt show very well, but the throttle wheel was wire-wheeled also.

inside

IM-side

mocked up with the IM.

now i just have a little bit of cleaning to do before i bolt it all together and start it up!

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

looks good man wanna do mine lol
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
            looks good man wanna do mine lol
            thanks man. if you wanna fly me out there, buy the materials (LOTS of carb/choke cleaner and engine degreaser), and let me crash there while i do it, plus a little fee on my end, then sure

Comment

Hey, you should take a better picture of that custom intake tube you got. I might buy it off you if you're not going to use it and if its shaped right.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

did you happen to get two h23 throttle bodies?

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by quakerjoe View Post
                  did you happen to get two h23 throttle bodies?
                  lol. nah joe, i wish. i had to search for a couple days both on here and 417racing.com for somebody that had even one.

now, another update:

got all of the block-off plates fabricated and bolted on and they look great!

i got everything installed and it looks great, then i try to start the car and the car isnt getting spark. i try everything i can, putting the old wires back on, inspecting all the plugs, etc and i dont find anything. tested a plug to ground, and no spark at all. i just got a new dizzy rotor and NGK iridium spark plugs, so hopefully that will fix it. my car has been down for 2 weeks and i want it running TODAY!!!

Comment

wanna make me some block of plates

got pics of the intake installed? it looks really good btw
                    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                      wanna make me some block of plates

got pics of the intake installed? it looks really good btw
                      thanks man, i really like it too. i have some installed pics, but the camera is at home. they will be uploaded this week.

as for the block off plates, i just used a bench grinder, a drill, a hacksaw, and 1/8" wall-thickness 2x4 aluminum tubing scrap from work. i cut it apart then just ground the hell out of it. it took a long time and dont look that great until they are painted.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        thanks man, i really like it too. i have some installed pics, but the camera is at home. they will be uploaded this week.

as for the block off plates, i just used a bench grinder, a drill, a hacksaw, and 1/8" wall-thickness 2x4 aluminum tubing scrap from work. i cut it apart then just ground the hell out of it. it took a long time and dont look that great until they are painted.
                        but see i work with bread and we dont have machines or scrap metal. all i have is bread, bagels, and buns
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                          but see i work with bread and we dont have machines or scrap metal. all i have is bread, bagels, and buns
                          if you want some, shoot me a pm with what manifold you're using (i have an h22, h23 and f22a1 IM sitting at home to take measurements off of) and we can work something out).

Comment

if you want some, shoot me a pm with what manifold you're using (i have an h22, h23 and f22a1 IM sitting at home to take measurements off of) and we can work something out).
                            has been sent

Comment

it RUNS!!!

after 2 weeks of bloody knuckles, greasy hands and standing back and cussing, she's back on her wheels and driving around. i figured out i had a bad distibuter (which is really wierd, considering i didnt touch the old one ) so i replaced it with one i got in that big-ole-pile that i got last week. talk about luck. i also replaced the spark plugs with NGK iridiums gapped to .40, the rotor, and plug wires with "Type-R" 10.2mm wires i got from him also. i havent had a chance to get it tuned yet (hopefully getting a hondata s200 soon), so i had to plug in my IACV and zip-tie it out of the way until i can get the tune to delete it.

finished pics will come soon, but before then i need to get my valves adjusted and figure out where a wierd juddering sound is coming from. it only happens from about 2400-2800 rpm, but that seems to be around where i am all the time unless i'm hammering it. anyone have any ideas?

Comment

finished pics will come soon, but before then i need to get my valves adjusted and figure out where a wierd juddering sound is coming from. it only happens from about 2400-2800 rpm, but that seems to be around where i am all the time unless i'm hammering it. anyone have any ideas?
                                I think your ecu is super confused. It also might have something to do with the IM setup your running. Which way are you running it? Stock or No butterflies? Or you have a vaccum leak somewhere man. Spray carb cleaner on the manifold while the motor is running and if it surges you have a leak. Best way I know to test it.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Working...
                                X