steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    Hey man, when you get those runners, could you do me a favor and see if both the a6 and h23 bracket underneath fit? Hopefully either one fits, but maybe not...I need to know for mine so I know if I can use the one laying around or if I need to hit the junkyard for one.

Good luck getting everything put back on.
    i dont have either bracket, i'm going to have to fab one out of steel bar and plate. sorry i couldnt help, its gonna be strong as hell though!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

ok, i started a job a couple weeks ago selling new mazdas and while my car runs, its not the most reliable in the world, lol. i got a daily driver that will get me there every day, a 1999 toyota tacoma standard cab 4x4. its a LOT different to drive than my accord (going over speed bumps at more than 2mph sideways is a nice change!).

for now, the plan for my car is to build and swap in an h22. i have a few h22 parts already, but i am about to pick up a whole engine with a bent rod for 300 and build it from there. i'm planning on 11.0:1 mahle pistons, new connecting rods, race bearings, a header, and a set of bisimoto stage-2 cams. while it's out, i'm going to finally shave the bay and do a FULL wire tuck. since my a/c is already gone and my battery relocated, the only big thing i have to delete is power steering.

i'm hoping to have this done by summer so i can enter some more shows this year. until i do get it swapped and shaved, i'm having it fixed so i can drive it when i want without having to pour in 2 gallons of coolant a day!

i'll try to keep this more updated than i am from now on

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Yay!

Happy 21st btw man. If you didnt already, i hope you get blasted this weekend.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

ok, update time!

i have been stripping just about everything i can out of my engine bay, and now that i finally have internet access i can show you guys some pics of the process!

stripped out

passenger side starting the wire tuck

driver side; chassis harness removed, power steering lines, pump, and resevoir deleted, etc.

most everything removed even though it doesnt look like it!

and a goofy picture my mom wanted to take

Comment

What are you gonna do with the h23 IM now?

I think Mike, greencb7inkc would buy the plenum and tb from you.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

idk, several of my friends drive accords, but none of them have done any performance mods other than exhaust. i'll hit him up and see if he wants it

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                What are you gonna do with the h23 IM now?

I think Mike, greencb7inkc would buy the plenum and tb from you.
                I might have an h23 manni for sale here shortly.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

gee thanks for jacking my thread joe, i'm trying to sell one too, god!

lol j/k man.

i have another update coming up in a few minutes, stay tuned...

Comment

How hard was it to completely remove power steering?
                    [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

i did quite a bit more work last night, pulled out just about everything that i didnt the night before. im jsut about ready to pull the motor and start the tuck in earnest.

firewall cleaned off, started cleaning some of the grime out of the engine bay. simple green is some awesome shit!

a couple carts of parts taken off, most of which wont go back on. the rest will all be cleaned up or replaced.

at least my bumper and hood are getting some use of my sectional couch

more parts piled up, again most will not be back on the car

started stripping out the nasty sealant stuff.

this is just about all i got done on two half-charged batteries. this is going to take a while!

i'm doing more work tonight, pulling the dash and working on some wiring. stay tuned...

Comment

Unused sectional couch, eh....

Looks good Jayson. I didnt know you were doing ALL that. Looks like it gonna besick when completed.

Yeah, Adam's trying to be that little devil on my shoulder. Pushing me away from my F2T1s and telling me i should bore/portmatch an H23 plenum and TB...

I keed, i keed Id like to do that, but ive got a few other things that need to come before that.

Glad to see youre finally getting her under the knife.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Shit, wait a minute...Jayson, I don't think I've asked you this.

Are you using your f22 tranny on the H22 or do you have a H series tranny?
                          If not, I might wanna buy that tranny from you since I know it works. LOL I'm just looking for parts that you won't be using anymore that I could use so you've got some more money for this project.
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                            gee thanks for jacking my thread joe, i'm trying to sell one too, god!

lol j/k man.

i have another update coming up in a few minutes, stay tuned...

You know me man. Always trying to steal the lime light.

Also try using some aircraft stripper on the seam sealant. It should turn it to mush. I'm assuming your going to be painting your engine bay anyways so it shouldn't matter too much if you bubble some of the paint.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

did some work last night, but nothing worthy of pictures. i got the dash mostly pulled out, but i cant find my service manual and i cant find the last couple connections holding it in and it is driving me nuts. i also worked on the sealant a little bit more, used two fully charged batteries this time and got most of it off of the passenger side, but i still have a lot more to do.

stay tuned for more...

Comment

the motor is out finally. i had never pulled a motor on my own before and it was definately a learning experience. a cussing, bleeding, wrench throwing, knuckle busting, "i dont care about his part anymore, i'll just break it off" learning experience! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X