Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    updated the mod list, changed the pics on the front page.

i need to figure out where my car is leaking oil from. its going out about a quart every 2 weeks and i'm not burning it; i dont think so at least, there is no smoke at all. i also need to change out my motor mounts and re-wire my TPS. the engine rocking too far pulled the wires out of the plug and now it shuts off at stoplights sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    got another damn ticket yesterday. 72 in a 55 on a back-country road. i wasnt even pushing it, just cruising. shit.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    Ah...good ol' Laurel Blue Metallic...It is such a beautiful color.

Car looks good Jayson.

Im surpirised you didnt win. Not too many CBs done up this nice. Oh well. Who's that other CB you were sitting next to? He a member? If not, he should be.

I love your front end and the wheels now add a nice touch.

ya, i entered for fun anyway. going to a car show just to get a trophy is pretty lame in my book.
    that black cb isnt a cb7 member, but he is in my car club. he just got done 'glassing his door panels gloss black with lime green inserts. it looks pretty sick. we actually have five 4th gens other than my own, 2 coupes and 3 sedans. i've told all of them about the site, but none of them are into the whole forum thing.

thanks for the compliment man

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    Sexy, great choice on wheels, they go with your car perfectly

Put up a pic of the engine bay with those bolts in
    thanks man, i really like them too. here are the pics of the engine:

the engine bay is a little dirty around the bolts, it rained after the show, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 07-29-2008, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Ah...good ol' Laurel Blue Metallic...It is such a beautiful color.

Car looks good Jayson.

Im surpirised you didnt win. Not too many CBs done up this nice. Oh well. Who's that other CB you were sitting next to? He a member? If not, he should be.

I love your front end and the wheels now add a nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• mndude07
    replied
    Sexy, great choice on wheels, they go with your car perfectly

Put up a pic of the engine bay with those bolts in

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    wheels are on an the car is clean! the new-to-me 17" motegi mr8's and brand new kumho ecsta tires look amazing with it. didnt win anything at the show again this year, but there were some great cars in my division (i still got beat by an almost bone-stock integra, but i digress). anyway, on with the pics (dont mind the cracked lip from that damn fox!):

let me know what you think!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Dude, that really really really weird that you broke your lip because I just broke mine today lol....except I hit a vicious wild parking curb haha.
    that is really wierd!

i got about 20 bolts installed in the engine bay i have to say that they look good. i'll be detailing the whole car tomorrow as well as putting on the new wheels, so nome new pics should be up soon!

Leave a comment:

• mndude07
    replied
    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    i dropped the wheels off at my friend's dad's tire shop today so i can pick them up tomorrow with some brand new Kuhmo ecsta 205-40-17's on them.

on a bad note, though, i hit a fox a couple days ago and broke my 5th gen lip. it is just a little break, but a chunk around one of the mounting points still broke off from the rest of the lip. its staying of for the show, but i'm going to have to order a new one from phatness pretty soon.
    Dude, that really really really weird that you broke your lip because I just broke mine today lol....except I hit a vicious wild parking curb haha.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    i dropped the wheels off at my friend's dad's tire shop today so i can pick them up tomorrow with some brand new Kuhmo ecsta 205-40-17's on them.

on a bad note, though, i hit a fox a couple days ago and broke my 5th gen lip. it is just a little break, but a chunk around one of the mounting points still broke off from the rest of the lip. its staying of for the show, but i'm going to have to order a new one from phatness pretty soon.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    hmm, for replacing all the 10mm hardware in the bay? later.
    ding ding ding!

yup, a bag of cap-head M6 bolts and another bag of stainless steel flat-washers that will be replacing nearly every 10mm bolt under the hood. when i get back to school, i will likely end up making a batch of polished aluminum-washers on the lathe, but for now the flat-washers should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• TypeG
    replied
    hmm, for replacing all the 10mm hardware in the bay? later.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    setting up the air ride? later.
    nope, decided that i'm not doing that with this car. i'll save it for the s10 i am plannign on getting.

any other guesses? i give a hint, its similar to a product offered by TAS.

Leave a comment:

• TypeG
    replied
    setting up the air ride? later.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    I just got back from fastenall where i picked up a whole bag of bolts. can anyone guess what i'm going to be doing with these?

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    That pic you showed me the other day of those wheels was really small, so I couldn't see them very well...but now that you have some good pics of them...I would honestly just leave the wheels as they are, then theres no room for error, and plus the silver/polished color just goes with your car already since stuff in the engine bay is polished and you don't really have anything else white on the car, save the window banner. The wheels are really cool by the way.

Oh by the way, whats the tire size on the wheels on your car right now? 195/60-15? or are they a size down from that?
    i am going to leave them silver for the show, but i was planning on doing white touches in the engine bay and my trunk when i re-do it and sell my current box. for the trunk, i plan on getting Power Acoustic marine amps (white body) and if (although unlikely) i get airride, the airlines will be white. for the engine bay, the VC would get painted or p-coated white with "endless Kustoms" masked off so it would stay polished, the distribuiter cap would get painted white, and probably some white samco coolant hoses. that is all if i decide to paint the wheels, which i am leaning towards right now.

the tires on currently are 60 series, but idk the width.

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
    Very nice ride.
    thanks man

Leave a comment:

Working...
X