X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quakerjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    What are you gonna do with the h23 IM now?

I think Mike, greencb7inkc would buy the plenum and tb from you.
    I might have an h23 manni for sale here shortly.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    idk, several of my friends drive accords, but none of them have done any performance mods other than exhaust. i'll hit him up and see if he wants it

Leave a comment:

• mndude07
    replied
    What are you gonna do with the h23 IM now?

I think Mike, greencb7inkc would buy the plenum and tb from you.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    ok, update time!

i have been stripping just about everything i can out of my engine bay, and now that i finally have internet access i can show you guys some pics of the process!

stripped out

passenger side starting the wire tuck

driver side; chassis harness removed, power steering lines, pump, and resevoir deleted, etc.

most everything removed even though it doesnt look like it!

and a goofy picture my mom wanted to take

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Yay!

Happy 21st btw man. If you didnt already, i hope you get blasted this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    ok, i started a job a couple weeks ago selling new mazdas and while my car runs, its not the most reliable in the world, lol. i got a daily driver that will get me there every day, a 1999 toyota tacoma standard cab 4x4. its a LOT different to drive than my accord (going over speed bumps at more than 2mph sideways is a nice change!).

for now, the plan for my car is to build and swap in an h22. i have a few h22 parts already, but i am about to pick up a whole engine with a bent rod for 300 and build it from there. i'm planning on 11.0:1 mahle pistons, new connecting rods, race bearings, a header, and a set of bisimoto stage-2 cams. while it's out, i'm going to finally shave the bay and do a FULL wire tuck. since my a/c is already gone and my battery relocated, the only big thing i have to delete is power steering.

i'm hoping to have this done by summer so i can enter some more shows this year. until i do get it swapped and shaved, i'm having it fixed so i can drive it when i want without having to pour in 2 gallons of coolant a day!

i'll try to keep this more updated than i am from now on

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    Hey man, when you get those runners, could you do me a favor and see if both the a6 and h23 bracket underneath fit? Hopefully either one fits, but maybe not...I need to know for mine so I know if I can use the one laying around or if I need to hit the junkyard for one.

Good luck getting everything put back on.
    i dont have either bracket, i'm going to have to fab one out of steel bar and plate. sorry i couldnt help, its gonna be strong as hell though!

Leave a comment:

• mndude07
    replied
    Hey man, when you get those runners, could you do me a favor and see if both the a6 and h23 bracket underneath fit? Hopefully either one fits, but maybe not...I need to know for mine so I know if I can use the one laying around or if I need to hit the junkyard for one.

Good luck getting everything put back on.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    whats going on with your car man?
    its sitting in my friends yard, adam's (mndude07's) dad sent me h23 runners today, so i'll be putting it on this week and while the manifold is off i'm going to be changing out the front and rear motor mounts and fixing the wiring going to my tps. hopefully i'll have it up and going (with no CEL!) by the end of this week.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post

IMO, you should keep the polished lip man, but i like polished aluminum.
    we'll see. i have an entire day tomorrow to paint or sand down and polish the lips on the rims.

whats going on with your car man?

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    dag man. car looks good like that. i say you should get it like that.
    thats the plan

oh. i had a failed attempt at painting the entire MR-8s lol. looks like ill have to keep the polished lip unless i can get some winter steelies and take the tires off of these.
    IMO, you should keep the polished lip man, but i like polished aluminum.

Originally posted by JDMxDB8
    Nice CB7.
    thanks man

Leave a comment:

• JDMxDB8
    replied
    Nice CB7.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    since my car is down and out, i figured i might as well work on it in cyber-space if i cant in real life. here is a photoshop i did of my car with a lower stance, carbon hood (half-painted), and shaved bumpers, door moldings, handles and rain gutters. i also fuzzed out the background a bit to make the car pop that much more. i didnt do that great of a job on the front bumper, but it still looks pretty good.

dag man. car looks good like that. i say you should get it like that

oh. i had a failed attempt at painting the entire MR-8s lol. looks like ill have to keep the polished lip unless i can get some winter steelies and take the tires off of these.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    since my car is down and out, i figured i might as well work on it in cyber-space if i cant in real life. here is a photoshop i did of my car with a lower stance, carbon hood (half-painted), and shaved bumpers, door moldings, handles and rain gutters. i also fuzzed out the background a bit to make the car pop that much more. i didnt do that great of a job on the front bumper, but it still looks pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    Uh oh...that sucks.

I hear ya though. Its hard to project a DD. Im in the same boat. Its the only car i have but its also a bit of an ongoing project, lol.

Well, GL with whatever happens while its garaged. Any ideas for a DD?
    theres a squarebody s-10 4cyl 5spd local to me for $500 that i am saving for. its either that or an old civic beater.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X