No announcement yet.

LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin really good. That CF hood is like glass!

Comment

Car is still running well. Just use it on the weekends now since I got a job that makes me commute so much. I use my other 4dr 90' CB7 M-F and about 650 miles a week.

All I've changed since my last post was the installation of NGK Blue spark plug wires and BFGoodrich G-Force Comp2 tires back in May 2013.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Type S Camshafts Installed

I lucked out and found a guy selling some Type S camshafts locally for cheap.

They look to have hardly any wear on them at all compared to my H22A cams, but the guy said they had 80k miles on them.

I've never installed cams before so I was kinda iffy on doing it all on my own but i found a DIY, followed it and it worked out well. Didn't have to retime the engine since i marked locations on the belt with white out so i put everything back together in the exact same spot.

Car pulls nicely all the way to 8K now and has a gnarly VTEC engagement. I feel a lot stronger mid range and top end.

OEM Cams...first time opening the VC since 2008 and 65k miles. Looks pretty clean, no sludge build up.

Type S Camshafts installed, they have a distinct blue tint to them

Honda tool that I ordered from Amazon for 11 bucks that made adjusting valves after the install WAY easier
        Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 04:12 AM.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Got a new RMF header installed. Picked it up from a local honda forum for a good price. Just had to add a 2.5" flexpipe and get it welded up and this thing went in like cake. No issues with crossmember clearance, retains AC & PS. All I had to do was shave the PS bracket down some with an angle grinder.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 04:12 AM.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Dyno Time!

FINALLY got my car dyno'd to see what it puts down. A new shop had a dyno day & BBQ for 40 bucks, so I couldn't turn that down. Had to make an appearance.

Three videos of the 3 pulls. 2nd run was the best with a peak output of 191hp and 147tq.

Run 1: 184hp, 144.4 tq

Run 2: 191hp, 147tq

Run 3: 188hp, 155tq

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

nice dyno numbers!
              looks like that puts you at #9 on the N/A board.
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                nice dyno numbers!
                looks like that puts you at #9 on the N/A board.
                I should do it again when its cooler. This was in the middle of the afternoon, at 3:15pm when it was about 110F outside, probably hotter in that room lol

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Wow, I really like the recent mods! Kinda makes me want to go hunting for a good deal on cams. So is that basically RMF's second gen header? I know with the original headers you had subframe clearance issues and needed custom lines to retain a/c.

Comment

Nice runs! Given the temperatures of that day, I would think you could gain another 10% or so if you tested on a more standard temperature day. At 110* your DA should have been in the ballpark of 4500'. Figure about 3% power loss for every 1,000 foot DA change, and that is not an insubstantial power gain.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                      Wow, I really like the recent mods! Kinda makes me want to go hunting for a good deal on cams. So is that basically RMF's second gen header? I know with the original headers you had subframe clearance issues and needed custom lines to retain a/c.
                      I'm not sure actually, I just knew of RMF type headers and did a little research and this one looks very similar to his production versions.

The crossmember clearance is amazing, cleared my front mount as well. Very good fitment IMO. I'm just 1/2" away from my CF hood so that's the only thing that got me worried.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      Nice runs! Given the temperatures of that day, I would think you could gain another 10% or so if you tested on a more standard temperature day. At 110* your DA should have been in the ballpark of 4500'. Figure about 3% power loss for every 1,000 foot DA change, and that is not an insubstantial power gain.
                      The guy that owns the shop is having another dyno day next month, only in the evening, from 7pm to 12am, so I might go to that if the temps come down. I'm sure I can break 200 then.

I even got on his good side. He said his first "adult" car that he bought new was a 1990 Accord. So he was all smiles when I came in and even more so when he found out about the swap.

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Also, is it running really rich, or was it really burning that much oil? It seemed rich to me, and given your mods since your red hip or whatever, I would think something like an S300 would fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                          Also, is it running really rich, or was it really burning that much oil? It seemed rich to me, and given your mods since your red hip or whatever, I would think something like an S300 would fix that.
                          Well I go through a quart in about 1000-1200 miles, but I drive my car hard, I'd say one out of 3 standing start accelerations are in VTEC.

It definitely smelled like burnt carbon when I was standing behind, so I'm thinking I'm running really rich.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Kai,

If you ever get a chance, can you let me know the max mph your car goes at the top pf 3rd and 4th gear?

Thanks.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                              Kai,

If you ever get a chance, can you let me know the max mph your car goes at the top pf 3rd and 4th gear?

Thanks.
                              The top of 3rd I'm unsure of, most likely 100 (can't remember off top of my head), but for 4th, I believe its right around 120mph I'm at 7500-8000rpm

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Did you say you tried to order new front window run channels and they weren't available? I got the rears, but the website says discontinued on the fronts and I was wondering if you knew if that meant no more once they are all gone, or that they were all gone.

If they are all gone, I will have to get more creative about finding them.

Comment

Working...
                                X