LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    Did you say you tried to order new front window run channels and they weren't available? I got the rears, but the website says discontinued on the fronts and I was wondering if you knew if that meant no more once they are all gone, or that they were all gone.

If they are all gone, I will have to get more creative about finding them.
    No, I was able to get a window pin kit for my coupe a couple years back, but the channels I've left untouched.

I did have a couple channels that were pryed out it looked like on my new DD, so i just went to a PHX JY to source those for i think 3 bucks a piece.
    Last edited by Losiracer2; 09-14-2015, 08:04 PM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      No, I was able to get a window pin kit for my coupe a couple years back, but the channels I've left untouched.

I did have a couple channels that were pryed out it looked like on my new DD, so i just went to a PHX JY to source those for i think 3 bucks a piece.
      Yeah, I ordered both right ones anyway, and they shipped them, so I should be good. Going to get the left side now.

I just thought I remember you saying that something was discontinued related to the door or windows and you couldn't get it. I am going to snag all that stuff while it is still available, and then worry about it again in another 30 years if it matters! Haha.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Got my new P2T4 JDM Accord SiR tranny installed since my old M2B4 was having 3rd gear issues.

New vs. Old swapped it out on Feb 9th 2016

P2T4 Baby! super rare, same ratios as the T2W4 Euro R tranny, but half the cost.

Also decided to do my worn out valvestem seals that was causing a lot of oil burning issues. Did it with the Cylinder head on too, so that saved me from having to get a new HG and drain the coolant

Took about 7 hours on a Sunday

Had to be very meticulous and keep everything organized
        Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 04:13 AM.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

That's awesome! I may have to hunt for that transmission myself. I've never heard of it before.

Comment

I got some new 05-06 RSX Seats!

I was browsing OfferUp this past week and came across a deal I couldn't pass up. I found some minty Black Leather 05-06 RSX seats that i've been searching for ever since I installed my 02-04 RSX seats.

If you don't know the differences, they are subtle but noticeable when you compare them directly. And the 05-06 models are WAY more comfy and hold you in better.

When I first picked them up, didn't have seat belt buckles but that was fine, I was going to reuse mine anyways

Pass. seat

Driver seat

I basically wanted to keep my already modified RSX seat rails, but there was no other option to swap rails between my old RSX seats and new, so I had to take the cushions and swap them. Luckily, they didn't change anything between both 02-06 versions of the seats. Took the better part of two days to figure out how the hell to do it though, but I got the hang of it after 2 seats or so lol

New Driver seat installed after Lexol cleaning and conditioning

No tears or anything, just some slight wear. I'm glad these were in such good shape

New Pass. seat installed.
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 04:13 AM.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

That's pretty damn nice looking. I've heard of a few people coming across really good deals on letgo. I may have to try it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                That's pretty damn nice looking. I've heard of a few people coming across really good deals on letgo. I may have to try it myself.
                yeah, these newer ones are definitely more plush, i don't know if they used a different foam or what but it feels like I'm sitting on Lexus seats at the same time they also hold me in better. Well worth the upgrade and all the work it took.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Hey! Are you the guy who did the tutorial on imgur on how to retrofit projectors?
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                    Hey! Are you the guy who did the tutorial on imgur on how to retrofit projectors?
                    no, but i did take pretty detailed pics of when i did my retro back in 2008, if you go to my first page, on the first post, i put a sort of table of contents to things I've done on my car over the years to help out.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Nice read here, cams plus header and the gearbox would of really given the car a good extra punch. Those seats look nice installed

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

If the improvement in comfort is that noticeable with the 05 seats, you may have just made up my mind on swapping mine out. Not only am I not liking the 02 padding at all, but mine are torn. There's a full front+rear set on CL for a good price. Just gotta wait til Thursday, think I'll snag them...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          If the improvement in comfort is that noticeable with the 05 seats, you may have just made up my mind on swapping mine out. Not only am I not liking the 02 padding at all, but mine are torn. There's a full front+rear set on CL for a good price. Just gotta wait til Thursday, think I'll snag them...
                          Oh, the difference is night and day. The 05-06 seats have more pleating on the butt area as well as the back area, so it won't tear on the lumbar section like the 02-04 ones. Plus, they're perforated a bit more in the shoulder area and bottom so your ass doesn't sweat as much .

The angle at which my butt was sitting on the D/S seat was really uncomfortable on the 02-04s, I think the pressure point was right on the seam, so it didn't make it nice for drives longer than 30 min. I was constantly repositioning myself.

These new ones also have an extended thigh support so combined with the height adjustment, I can get the perfect driving position. The headrest also has more padding built into it and projects forward more for a better head resting position. A lot of little tweaks on these that make them so much better than the 02-04s
                          Last edited by Losiracer2; 10-09-2016, 07:24 AM.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

This was the very reason i changed my mind about my 02-04 seats. I got them with intentions of using them for track since it was a race seat look to em and had a place for my harness to go thru. Though i got a good deal on them i realized after i got them real quickly they werent gonna work for what i was gonna use em for. No Ass padding was one of the major turn offs on those seats. Bolster support sucked. And that they were shiney slick leather. No bueno for track and dd use.they were heavy too. though in prestine condition. My choice was to find something else. And scouring c list i found a guy selling the corbeau seats i have now. It came with sliders and harnesses which i couldnt pass up. He ended up disiring my rsx seats more that came with airbags intact on both sides for his corbeau setup. It worked out in the end. His complaint with the corbeaus was he was a bigger guy and seats were too narrow. And opted for straight trade.
                            Last edited by tommi; 10-09-2016, 11:15 AM.
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I picked up a new (used) Spoon Sports Duracon Shift knob to give me a different feel. I found it on OfferUp for only 5 bucks. The guy delivered it to my door for another 2 bucks so I couldn't refuse that deal. Its only 65g vs. 240g of my AP2 S2000 one so MUCH MUCH lighter since it is made out of a durable, high density plastic basically. I like the notichiness it gives my car when shifting. It feels way more precise too.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 04:14 AM.

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I'm so happy you still have this car

Comment

Working...
                                X