Leave a comment:

• prNonVtec4u
    replied
    definitely a good choice man, i'd say go for it

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by KeelesKustome
    i am curious as to rather or not you have some new rims in mind in the future?
    Have had these in mind for the LONGEST time, they are the prettiest gloss black I've seen still, and I could kiss that lip lol ok jp but they are hott~! I've seen them irl too they are great..

This picture does not do it justice, look up Motegi FF7 on ebay for the best pics.

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    i am curious as to rather or not you have some new rims in mind in the future?

Leave a comment:

• JDMH22ACB7
    replied
    very nice!! good work, man.props

Leave a comment:

• DragonEye
    replied
    kool

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by KeelesKustome
    no, those lights line up ok, but it needs a wee bit of body work for them to fit perfectly..

on your mounting the lights situation, we normaly design and mold a braket out of chicken wire and cardboard, then wrap it in fiberglass about 6-7 layers, let it harden and drill some hole for it to hold perfectly.
    good idea, probably what I'll do then. I was going to use scrap metal of some sort and weld it on as a bracket to the headlight bottom brackets but I can mold one just as easily.

the lights line up with the line of the body pretty much but on the fenders the two prongs on your normal corner lights are spaced differently, I had to drill another hole on the inside flap and move the other a bit. Basically when I came up to anything it's pretty obvious what needs to be done.

Leave a comment:

• KeeleDesign
    replied
    no, those lights line up ok, but it needs a wee bit of body work for them to fit perfectly..

on your mounting the lights situation, we normaly design and mold a braket out of chicken wire and cardboard, then wrap it in fiberglass about 6-7 layers, let it harden and drill some hole for it to hold perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• lo-specials
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
    lol that's the easy part!!! 2 hrs or so to do the hood with a dremel first time, second time prob 1.5 hrs.

But putting them in takes a lot of hacking. Not at all particularly hard, you just cut out metal as you go until it fits. Not a whooole lot to cut out either, just enough so they can go in all the way. The part I still have to re-do is some sort of bracket system, I had them in well enough but got hit in an accident and just barely tapped the person in front of me enough to undo the mounts I had re-mounted to bolt it securely up. Don't fall out or anything, but they are basically sitting in there atm, and they are aimed a hair low until I fab another bracket. The part that took the most brainstorming was the wiring, basically get a socket, and play with the wires until you get the high/lo beam correct (uses one bulb with these headlights instead of two, the inner socket is a fog!!!). Took about 20-30 mins playing with it to get it right, I didn't blow any bulbs but I'd suggest to anyone to get a cheap one and not blow a silverstar or something lol..

And did the headlights match with the fenders?

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
    just look at that crazy-cut hood and the grill
    lol that's the easy part!!! 2 hrs or so to do the hood with a dremel first time, second time prob 1.5 hrs.

But putting them in takes a lot of hacking. Not at all particularly hard, you just cut out metal as you go until it fits. Not a whooole lot to cut out either, just enough so they can go in all the way. The part I still have to re-do is some sort of bracket system, I had them in well enough but got hit in an accident and just barely tapped the person in front of me enough to undo the mounts I had re-mounted to bolt it securely up. Don't fall out or anything, but they are basically sitting in there atm, and they are aimed a hair low until I fab another bracket. The part that took the most brainstorming was the wiring, basically get a socket, and play with the wires until you get the high/lo beam correct (uses one bulb with these headlights instead of two, the inner socket is a fog!!!). Took about 20-30 mins playing with it to get it right, I didn't blow any bulbs but I'd suggest to anyone to get a cheap one and not blow a silverstar or something lol..

Leave a comment:

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by DragonEye
    AWESOME !!

but, on some advice i can see u use some long fiberglass renforced putty.... why you aint do it with some real fiberglass cloth ? i aint sure about the long time use + vibration

i hope you know the mufler system move....

so, GREAT JOB MAN !! it will look awesome

Leave a comment:

• prNonVtec4u
    replied
    Originally posted by lo-specials
    Was it a direct fit or did you have to modiy a lot???
    just look at that crazy-cut hood and the grill

Leave a comment:

• lo-specials
    replied
    Accord Inspire CB5 headlight conversion

Was it a direct fit or did you have to modiy a lot???

Leave a comment:

• aww_shiet
    replied
    bump for CB7 love! lol

Leave a comment:

• DragonEye
    replied
    AWESOME !!

but, on some advice i can see u use some long fiberglass renforced putty.... why you aint do it with some real fiberglass cloth ? i aint sure about the long time use + vibration

i hope you know the mufler system move....

so, GREAT JOB MAN !! it will look awesome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X