No announcement yet.

mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so someone swiped that P12...I'm pretty pissed. I should have gotten it when I had the chance.

In other news I got a set of OEM Sedan CB7 rain visors, complete, no cracks, with ALL clips. A few clips broke off the visors, but I kept them. They can easily be re-attached with some epoxy. I think I can get a good amount of money for them.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I should have some fun-money from christmas and I can't decide what to do with the car right now...stay tuned for randomness.

Comment

Spare fund-money??? Get those CD5s...paint them black, and paint the lip!
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
          Spare fund-money??? Get those CD5s...paint them black, and paint the lip!
          Nope, the CD5's probably aren't happening anymore. I've pretty much set my mind on 5 lug.

Comment

I put my back seat back in today. Not having it is just stupid. I can't drive people anywhere and I hear all kinds of crap hitting my wheel wells back there. I left the trunk stripped though. I've really started thinking about doing some cosmetic changes for the car...I might not have a BBB much longer.

Also, its time for me to quit just being a tuner and start being an engineer...because that's what I'm in school for. Looks like a carbon fiber trunk is a no-go. I'll just do a stock sedan trunk lid swap. The stock lids fit better, and plus lightening the rear end will lighten the whole car and make it faster in a straight line, but it will mess up the weight distribution even more....and that's what I'm really interested in is handling. So, reducing unsprung weight, centering weight, putting weight lower, and fixing the weight distribution is what's up now. Also, I have some math to do about my wheels. Its recently come to my attention the concept of scrub. Too much or too little scrub is bad, so I'm going to figure out the ideal amount for my car and size wheels accordingly. No more games will be played.
            Last edited by mndude07; 12-21-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I like the new plans! Are you getting OEM wheels? Or aftermarket?
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

I like the new plans! Are you getting OEM wheels? Or aftermarket?
                They will be aftermarket eventually. After I do the 5 lug swap though I might be rolling on some 08 civic si wheels temporarily...its going to be awhile before I complete the 5 lug swap mind you, because I'll be almost finishing the rest of my suspension in the process.
                Last edited by mndude07; 12-21-2009, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  They will be aftermarket eventually. After I do the 5 lug swap though I might be rolling on some 08 civic si wheels temporarily...its going to be awhile before I complete the 5 lug swap mind you, because I'll be almost finishing the rest of my suspension in the process.
                  So you're getting the Civic setup? Is that the same as the BB6 setup?

How about these(painted black)?

Taken from GunRunner's MRT!
                  1990 Accord EX

Comment

So you're getting the Civic setup? Is that the same as the BB6 setup?

How about these(painted black)?

Taken from GunRunner's MRT!
                    Civic setup for what? 5 lug, or brakes?

I'm going to do the front with Odyssey parts and the rear with BB6 hubs & bearings. As for brakes, after talking with Ronald Type_R and looking over dozens of dimensions and cross-referencing part numbers, a big brake kit for a 5 lug integra type-r should bolt right up to a 5 lug swapped CB7.

Also, If I had a set of BB6 wheels like that, I would leave them as-is or polish them. My CB7 EX alloys are a dime a dozen, those are a little more rare. Besides, polished wheels will look just as good when I get a little exterior work done.

Comment

For Christmas I got:

Outback gift card
                      Money
                      Rain proof jacket
                      Sweater/hoodless hoodie
                      New nalgene bottle
                      Full metric wrench set from 10mm to 26mm
                      Tie
                      Tripod
                      Cannon Rebel ES with 75-300 and 18-55 lenses
                      A picture & frame from my girlfriend

'twas a good Christmas

With an SLR in my possession now, I should have some way better shots of the car coming. The camera I used for all the pictures up to this point was a 2.0mp Fujifilm pocket camera....yeah, lame.
                      Last edited by mndude07; 12-25-2009, 02:47 AM.

Comment

White Christmas yO!

Also, I just ordered these:

Last edited by mndude07; 12-25-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

ESP mounts and manual tranny

Neuspeed bar & misc

Comment

Looking good! Why is that intake filter so long though?
                            1990 Accord EX

Comment

lovin that camera aint you? lol. nice pics tho. i have a Fujifilm Finepix s700. takes really good pics. detailed. but cost more than half of a Canon

but what else you got planned for the suspension man? sounds as tho your not too happy with it. the springs rates your looking for are the same spring rates the Megan Racing sleeves have. 450lbs/f and 350lbs/r. i plan on getting them soon. im on Skunk2 struts and ebay sleeves right now. but that will be changed soon enough.

Comment

Looking good! Why is that intake filter so long though?
                                The intake tube is a custom made pipe, and I bought a gigantic filter separately.

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                                lovin that camera aint you? lol. nice pics tho. i have a Fujifilm Finepix s700. takes really good pics. detailed. but cost more than half of a Canon

but what else you got planned for the suspension man? sounds as tho your not too happy with it. the springs rates your looking for are the same spring rates the Megan Racing sleeves have. 450lbs/f and 350lbs/r. i plan on getting them soon. im on Skunk2 struts and ebay sleeves right now. but that will be changed soon enough.
                                Thanks man. I love this camera!
                                As for the suspension: 5 lug conversion, replace all bushings, ground controls, more chassis reinforcement, brake upgrade(again), replace all the control arms. I'm going to be trying to reduce unsprung weight, as well as dial in my suspension in terms of spring rates. For that reason, ground controls will be the very last thing. After the rest of the suspension is done, I can decide how I need to compensate with the spring rates and order them accordingly from ground control.

Comment

Working...
                                X