No announcement yet.

mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My transmission totally locked up on me the other day, either bent a shift fork, or the axle c-clip came loose and got stuck in the diff. Not sure yet. Anyways, I have a H23 tranny going in. WooT!
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just changed trannys 3 days ago!!!! I went with a H2A5 on mine!!! I would have sold you my H23 tranny but seems i am lil late now!!
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

clean coupe! slate grey ftmfw

Comment

Originally posted by FrostwhiteLX View Post
          clean coupe! slate grey ftmfw
          Thanks man!

Comment

Sorry about the tranny...I guess things happen for a reason.
            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
              I just changed trannys 3 days ago!!!! I went with a H2A5 on mine!!! I would have sold you my H23 tranny but seems i am lil late now!!
              does it still work well? how much do you want for it dude?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                does it still work well? how much do you want for it dude?
                Oh hell yeah it works well lol I am asking 200-250 bucks for it PM me if you really want it. I love having a taller tranny in my car since the H22 pulls really nice through the gears and all and yeilds a higher top end!!!!
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
                  Oh hell yeah it works well lol I am asking 200-250 bucks for it PM me if you really want it. I love having a taller tranny in my car since the H22 pulls really nice through the gears and all and yeilds a higher top end!!!!
                  Really? You don't miss the acceleration?

Comment

I'm very much loving this new gearbox. Its much smoother, and the car pulls harder. This H23 gearbox is giving me roughly a 5% torque gain over the F22A transmission, and I can definitely feel it. The shorter gears are enjoyable as well.

In other news, going to try to keep her running well while I'm at school, and maybe do my own custom alignment if I get the time.

I'm gonna crack the case on the old transmission soon to see exactly what went wrong, so I'll post pics when I take care of that.

Comment

you should put a stock front grill on there haha

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                        you should put a stock front grill on there haha
                        Yeah I know, I can't justify the money for a cosmetic piece right now though, I'm doing this car in stages, and I'm not at the exterior phase yet.

Comment

Took the old gearbox apart, and I can't tell what went wrong! There was some slight wear on the gear teeth, but the synchros looked good, and the diff was fine. The only strange thing was that a few of the needle bearings were incredibly dry. The gears and synchros still had some residual oil on them, but the bearings looked reddish-brown and dry like they had been sprayed with brake clean. The shift forks appear to be fine as well.

Still loving the new gearbox though! Gonna be doing some custom alignment soon I think; maxing out my caster, re-setting my toe. The car needs to handle better, and my alignment is definitely not right.

Comment

Nice upgrade on the H23 trans. That was one of the upgrades I was going to do if I had kept my Accord.

I like the transmission, but there is a obvious con about it. If you do a lot of highway commuting, the gas mileage suffers. I remember when I drove my brother's '92 Si on the highway, at like 65 or 70, the rpm's were at a steady 4-4.2k. Yikes! They do have really quick acceleration like you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212 View Post
                              Nice upgrade on the H23 trans. That was one of the upgrades I was going to do if I had kept my Accord.

I like the transmission, but there is a obvious con about it. If you do a lot of highway commuting, the gas mileage suffers. I remember when I drove my brother's '92 Si on the highway, at like 65 or 70, the rpm's were at a steady 4-4.2k. Yikes! They do have really quick acceleration like you mentioned.
                              Yeah, the higher rpm's and worse fuel economy are worth it to me for the acceleration though. Once I can tune my car, I will see greater fuel economy anyways.

Comment

Thanks to some help from Kevin, I am now the proud owner of a pair of odyssey knuckles...which I bought for only $30. Be jealous.

Oh and also, ran two civics the other night. One I don't know what it had but I completely walked it no question. The other one was a (quote from the owner: "single cam vtec d series with skunk2 intake manifold, full exhaust, not a piggyback but an apexi neo(which is a piggyback), intake, etc). Apparently this car was "tuned n' shit" and making 215hp, and its an auto....and I beat it. Those civics must be really heavy!
                                Last edited by mndude07; 09-05-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X