No announcement yet.

mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes exactly. This car will be an awesome speed to price ratio. Plus with my 11" rotor and caliper setup on a sub 2000 lb car, I can potentially reach 1g of braking....that's high end sports car level. On OEM honda parts.

You can't all go copying my ideas though!!

If i get this car, I'll have the build thread exclusively on cb7tuner, and NOT on any EF forum....because remember, it'll still be an accord at heart! Everything about the ef sedan will be exactly what I wanted to do with the accord....except this chassis has more available parts and its 400lbs lighter. You can gut your accord and it still isn't that light!

The all motor f22a, stripped interior, race buckets, trick suspension, tuned by myself, minimalist sleeper exterior, it'll all be the same. A DD'd race car....a really, really goofy looking race car.

The question still remains for the EF though....painted moldings or no?
    Last edited by mndude07; 11-17-2010, 12:25 AM.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome.

No, leave them black, just like the one pictured. And faster than a GSR? Jeebus.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
        Awesome.

No, leave them black, just like the one pictured. And faster than a GSR? Jeebus.
        Yeah man. I was talking about getting a 328is bmw.

Assume the bmw has 190hp and is 3100lbs

Assume the civic has 140hp and is 1950lbs

That's 2.5lbs per horsepower less than the e36. Power to weight man.

Whats a stock GSR? 170hp and 2500lbs? I still win....and that's with my motor how it is now. Wait until I'm able to build it.

I'm of course neglecting gearing, but the H series tranny and B series tranny aren't too terribly different. The B series has a higher final drive so the torque multiplier is greater, but the B series motor doesn't make shit for torque anyways.
        Last edited by mndude07; 11-17-2010, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          The question still remains for the EF though....painted moldings or no?
          NO! Keep it DX'd looking.

Excellent ideas too. I think I'm going to have to steal them. lol

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            NO! Keep it DX'd looking.

Excellent ideas too. I think I'm going to have to steal them. lol
            noooooooooo!!! LOL

The thing is after I get the swap mount welded in, I would have the entire inside, outside, and bay painted all at once, so doing the moldings too would make it easiest. I've seen them with and without the painted moldings and i think it depends on the color. I've seen a powder blue one with painted moldings and it looked great, but then white looks better with the black moldings. The gray is so in-between that its hard to pick. We shall see. I'm already starting to nickle-and-dime myself with the idea. I have brakes already spec'd out!

Comment

Either way. You're gonna end up painting and/or stripping them down at least once, lol.

If you do anything, paint the bumpers to match but leave the moldings black. They provide good contrast.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I'd say keep the black bumpers and moldings whether it's white, blue, or gray.
                1990 Accord EX

Comment

I lied. Not getting a civic anymore!

I'm still getting a honda though....and no one but two people know what it is! Mwahahaha

Comment

It better not be an EK or an EM1, I swear to God!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                      It better not be an EK or an EM1, I swear to God!
                      Nope, its not a civic at all! Its not as light, but it has a much more refined suspension, and its more rare than any civic from the EF on up.

The best part: Accord motor, tranny, shifter, shift cables, front brakes, and axles will all work in the motor swap. I'm determined to keep the F22A!

Comment

Rarer than a Civic? Hell, that's about any car on the road. lol

Is it by chance an 80's Honda?

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Rarer than a Civic? Hell, that's about any car on the road. lol

Is it by chance an 80's Honda?
                          Nope, its going to be a 1990 or a 1991....1990 if I get the one I'm looking at on sunday. I would give another hint, but anything else I can think of would give it away.

Comment

I'm sticking with my first guess, a Prelude.
                            But, maybe a Legend.

Hmmmm...

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I'm sticking with my first guess, a Prelude.
                              But, maybe a Legend.

Hmmmm...
                              Ahh ok well since you guessed it twice technically lol. A prelude. I really was originally going for a civic though, but then I realized I can get a lude for the same price roughly and its a much better car and just as much of my Accord parts will bolt on.

Its a 1990 BA prelude in red that I'm looking at. A Si too. There isn't alot of aftermarket support for them, so hence the motor swap. As for the suspension, it just forces me to get creative.

I decided that both the cool factor and the much better handling will more than make up for the civics extreme light weight....and since I'm the suspension guy on the board, why not a car known for its handling?

Comment

I think a 90-91 Prelude fits you a lot better than an EF.

I hope you get the Prelude you're looking at, as long as it's not a POS. It'll be fun watching you work your magic on a non-Accord.

1999 BMW M3
                                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                                X