Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tommi
    replied
    http://kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=85544 it's been gone for a while it seems but robman is very hard to get a hold of. at least it went t o a good home.

Leave a comment:

• cb7_with_snail
    replied
    I don't under stand the strips but VERY nice restro job

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Where did it go?

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    this car will surely be missed.

Leave a comment:

• ryaniskingofyou
    replied
    can't wait to get these coilovers and wheels on!

Leave a comment:

• 203Cree
    replied
    Well, went and got all my tint redone last night. 20% all the way round....

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied

xscott , but urs looks better i think.

Leave a comment:

• drummersteve7
    replied
    hmmm...

I really liked that first pic always wondered what it would look like if I cut that lil brace in the middle off while showing a legend lip.

I think that would look kick ass for when I go to mount my intercooler!

Leave a comment:

• 203Cree
    replied
    Well, everything is back together and working famously. Well, all except the relay for the PFM's. Sticks a bit.

ANYWAY....

I got a hair in my ass at work today. Idea popped into my head for a paint scheme for after I got all the body work done, but I thought I should try it out before I committed to it on fresh paint, SO.......

I came home and busted out my tape and a couple rattle cans. Don't recall seeing this on a CB yet,

Feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• 203Cree
    replied
    So I'm about halfway on the swap now. Let's get some pics going shall we?

Getting Started...

Front end torn down as far as need be....

Oh look, no door.

This is where things took a shit. I started looking at the harness for the door and didn't like what I saw. This door came off Accord_Inspire's old car, so I was kinda shocked by what I found. That car came with PFM's, so I figured while I had it torn apart I'd go ahead and toss those on. Well, this is an example of what I found. Pretty much the entire door harness looked like this. Different gage wires just twisted together and covered with tape. Word to the wise, DON'T DO THAT SHIT!

So at this point, I figured I'd go ahead and toss on the new door and figure out what I was going to do from there.

Being the guy I am, I decided I'd go ahead and salvage the harness and use the PFM's. Well, like I said, being who I am, that required more tear down. I supopse I could've done this a bit different, but the way it is now, you'd be hard pressed to notice that this wasn't a factory install.

Passenger side torn down. The wire harness is actually done in this pic.

Drivers side. Wiring is again finished in this one. Pretty much ready to toss the fenders back on both sides at this point.

Spent some time on this stuff. I wish I'd taken pics of it before I started so you guys could have a good example of what NOT to do, but alas, I was too consumed in my work to bother with pics.

So, there's where I'm at. I still need to do the drivers rear door, finish up the drivers front, put the passenger front back together and get the front end back on. I also got a brand new window regulator and run channel to throw in, but I'm waiting for a new door handle before I mess with those items. Should be good as new when I get her finished up, which will hopefully be tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• 203Cree
    replied
    Project Unfuck Doors

Is underway. I gotta say, the fenders and doors are a lot harder to take off when you actually give a shit about them, lol. I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow after I get the new one's on. Doin both drivers doors to replace the ones that got punched in last year, lol.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Sounds good, Rob.

Say, you got any plans for December 27th

Leave a comment:

• 203Cree
    replied
    So 162,980 miles and the water pump finally gave out, lol. New pump, new timing set, balance shaft seal, oil pump seal, accessory belts, valve cover gasket and grommets, new plugs, distributor shaft seal and a timing adjustment later, this thing runs better than the day I got it. Seriously. I'd never been able to take the car past 4800 rpm without it breaking up on me. She'll spin to redline now, and it actually seems to like it, lol.

Man, I probably should've done this crap a long time ago, lol. Pretty sure I pulled off the original timing belts, .

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Damn...i did lose track.

I forgot you made the switch.

Well, im yet to see ANY car of yours in person. You should make the X-Mas meet.

Leave a comment:

• 203Cree
    replied
    This is the old one, and the one that I'm still working on, lol. Keep up son!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X