No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well all the machine shops here as shiesters so I won't give em my business..

Where can I find the correct ati pulley? And can I run power steering with it?

So the notch is to be done on the flywheel side? I'm not getting any of this man....
    I don't even see how you put together so many of these motors they sound impossible to freakin assemble.....

I guess I'm the one guy here that just isn't grasping any of this.....

Comment

if this stuff confuses you it might be better to learn a little more about the stock engine before moving on to Frankenstein builds. I've given away as much information as I know from my experience as I can but there is a point when hands on is the only way to teach you.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I don't think it's necessary to give up on this. I just need to clear my mind and assess what I need to ask you to firmly wrap head around this. It's not like I'm new to Hondas or even accords, I'm just overwhelmed with conflicting information from multiple sources.

I'll take my questions to PM to spare your MRT my incoherent babble lol

Comment

Im not saying give up, just step back and look at what you're working with.
          first things first, the block needs to be prepared before you put the head on. this is how i recommend doing things.

two things i recommend before you start are a water pump kit from dayco or oem honda for the f22a and a single row JDM F23A balancer. they are hard to find but make things go smooth.

this is what the balancer looks like.

the water pump kit will consist of timing components, waterpump and balance shaft seal retainer. you will need this later, you dont have to do it but you'd be crazy not to. also make sure you get the balance shaft seal retainer. if it doesnt come in the timing belt kit, get a balance shaft seal kit and it will come in that. once you start beating on this thing, it will push it out, last thing you want to do after all this hard work is loose the engine due to loss of oil pressure. the retainer looks like this.

first, remove the oil control orifice from the f22a block and put it in the same location in the f23a block

now on to the water crossover pipe. this pipe (number.11) along with the thermostat housing (number.8) will be swapped from the f22a over to the f23a block.

next up is the motor mount bracket on the timing belt side. this is moved from the f22a over to the f23a. only three bolts are used, this works just fine. if you are worried you can use a dab of blue threadlocker.

last is something i did to make setting base timing easier. i notched the f23 block where the f22a block already had one.

everything else was just doing a head gasket job on a f22a using a f23 head gasket. on a side note, the f23 has alot of stroke, this means it likes to breathe down low and isn't much for alot of high rpm thrills. this being said, it is a torque motor and it likes to eat clutches. id recommend atleast an exedy stage1 bare minimum. for a solid performer on a budget if i had to do it all over id go this route:

aem v2 with 4" blox velocity stack
          ported h22 throttle body by maxbore
          rosko racing custom upper plenum with cnc ported h23 lower
          rdx 410cc injectors
          f22a6 head with bisimoto valvesprings with ported exhaust side and polished on both sides, milled .030"
          148E+3 web camshafts regrind
          plm modded header
          3" ktellar piping with vibrant resonator and muffler

this should easily make the power i do now with a tad more midrange.
          207-210whp, 180-190wtq or maybe even more, who knows. i just know the 250whp was cool but not that fun for a dd. 170whp is fun but gets boring. the 210-215whp range is enough to have fun, surprise people and not kill mpg and drivability.

Comment

Thanks for all that, literally answered all my questions.

I'm really only looking to break 190hp, and all my welding skills are in oxy acetylene, and everywhere I read they don't recommend I use it for exhaust welding, they say the temps will heat the material too fast and burn thru, so I dont think the PLM is gonna happen. What do u think about using an OBX or M2 header with 2.5 collector?

Got any idea where I can find that pulley? I haven't found one looking for it, I might have to go ati unless you have a source for them lol

And just curious how much did u pay for the web 148e+3? The bisi stage 2 is up to $400 so if it's in that range I'll go with web.

I'd love that rosko intake setup, but I can't afford it with a m2b4 selling for $1000. Is there a less expensive intake&TB you would suggest that would suffice 190whp goal?

Comment

The build I have planned is similar, but I've been planning on Weisco pistons because they're so much lighter. Those heavy stock pistons on a long stroke are hard on the bearings at high RPM. I don't plan on doing any drag racing but some mountain runs and track time when possible. I've not looked into the Web can yet so I'm planning on the Bisi lvl2 right now
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Got a coolant crossover pipe part number? Parts store tried to tell me I don't have one on my engine lol I know I do.

Also is a gates water pump acceptable? Or stick to dayco?

Comment

Crossover pipe is gonna be junkyard or Honda only
                  ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

If I'm careful can I salvage mine when I pull my f22a?

Comment

accorn, i picked up a dynamic chamber bb6 intake!! found out the air filters the same between 92-01, so that means the bottom box (at least the mating side) must be the same too! opens us up for more boxes to hack up.

yes, if youre careful with anything you should be able to re-use it.

for part numbers, you should look at

www.bernardiparts.com

and search for the accord. all sorts of diagrams are on there and by looking at pictures and reading what their names are youll get familiar with the motor and what youre looking for

gates pump is cool to use.

if you can find an AISIN water pump, thats good too, id go aisin before gates
                      Last edited by Jarrett; 12-31-2014, 03:54 PM.
                      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                        accorn, i picked up a dynamic chamber bb6 intake!! found out the air filters the same between 92-01, so that means the bottom box (at least the mating side) must be the same too! opens us up for more boxes to hack up.
                        Correct. I tried to order all the Type S parts from Japan and they can get everything but the upper half of the airbox

Comment

I'm ready to see the bb6 type-s box in a cb7 for a while. If it is successful I will be swapping to it. I may sell my bisimoto header once my custom one is on but I'm not 100% sure. It's always good to keep spare parts.

Comment

I sent an email to ARP about rod bolts for F23's. They don't make them right now but there was a group buy in 2010 and I'm hoping they still have the specs on file and can make one, or several sets. If it winds up being a minimum order to have them made, who would be interested?

Comment

You would be best served to engage in one of the many feelers that gets put out on 6thgenaccord.com or Honda-Tech.com nearly weekly regarding the same thing. Nothing has happened since 2010 with plenty of interest. good luck to you. I'm interested, too. I just bought new bolts from Honda.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I may just let it go. I don't plan on going past 7500 RPM and the Supertech pistons I'm considering are only 281 grams which is nearly half what the stock pistons are
                                Last edited by InvaderTrax; 12-24-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X