No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is exactly what I do. I'm talking to web camshafts about another custom grind, I'm already itch'n for more power.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Decided to enjoy a little track time. Damn I need slicks and a proper suspension. 14.785@101mph with 2.960ft was my best and were continually slower for about an hour till the bottom fell out. To make things worse I ran over my gopro, epic fail.

Comment

Wait, what????

Is this the setup with the F23 block and ported H23 IM? Did you throw a rod?

Nooooo
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

yah, the engine is fine. before when i ran 13's i was on drag radial 225/50/15's with spring spacers. now im on cheap 205/55/15 off brand tires just to get me by till tax time is the main problem. weight is the other, i left the car seats in, ran it with full tank and i've put my stereo back in. it rolled across the scales at 3062lbs vs the 2800lbs it weighed before. i go back and forth with what i want to do with it all the time. sometimes i enjoy cruising and listening to my music, other times i like her light and nimble to play at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
            yah, the engine is fine. before when i ran 13's i was on drag radial 225/50/15's with spring spacers. now im on cheap 205/55/15 off brand tires just to get me by till tax time is the main problem. weight is the other, i left the car seats in, ran it with full tank and i've put my stereo back in. it rolled across the scales at 3062lbs vs the 2800lbs it weighed before. i go back and forth with what i want to do with it all the time. sometimes i enjoy cruising and listening to my music, other times i like her light and nimble to play at the track.
            I do the same thing. Interior in! No, interior out! Man, this sub is heavy...

Comment

My sub is too, 56lbs plus a box (23lbs), 1000rms old school crunch amp (12lbs) and stinger cap (6lbs). That plus those heavy ass car seats (40lbs each). Maybe this year I'll get another base model coupe and build a lightweight for fun and leave betsy as is.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                My sub is too, 56lbs plus a box (23lbs), 1000rms old school crunch amp (12lbs) and stinger cap (6lbs). That plus those heavy ass car seats (40lbs each). Maybe this year I'll get another base model coupe and build a lightweight for fun and leave betsy as is.
                Damn, that's a heavy sub! hahaha

I've settled on sticking with a single sub, single amp, front components. Sub is 10" in a small ported box. Not too heavy but still bumps. I'm obsessed with weight savings with my cars so i'm considering trading the 10" for one or two 8" subs built into the rear deck instead of in a box.

Comment

mine is a 10" sub, lol. if you want a smaller sub sundown has an awesome 8". it in a ported box with rockford prime 750.1 would be crazy. my ac compressor blew up today so im replacing it. i might pull all that stuff out and weigh it when i replace it. i heard that all the a/c stuff is 84lbs but i think that seems a little heavy. when i put the motor in and had the compressor and bracket off the felt like they were in the 10-12lb range together. i think i need to weigh some of this stuff and see if there is any real benefit to getting rid of some of the luxury items we are lucky to have standard. cruise deletes are one of the worst. i love cruise, it's definitely not worth the 1-2lbs lost.

Comment

I weighed the ac compressor, all lines, dryer, condenser and a spare evaporator.

Compressor-- 16.8lbs
                    Bracket------- 2.6lbs
                    ALL lines------ 3.7lbs
                    Dryr---------- 1.2lbs
                    Condenser----- 8.2lbs
                    Evaporator----- 3.0lbs

Total ac gut while retaining heat is : 35.5lbs
                    This is worth less than a tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile and it takes no power when off.
                    When on the ecu normally cuts ac when over 50% throttle normally anyway. If you are building a racecar every bit combined counts to a decent weight drop. Most conponents on the cb's are aluminum and plastic to save weight, there is not any worth while gain from dropping accessories on a dd. Proof is mine weighs 2732lbs with full interior and everything minus power steering which is only 11.8lbs with bracket and lines are less than 5lbs.

Comment

Always providing facts instead of conjecture.

I agree with your point regarding daily amenities that lots of people remove for nonsensical reasons, but....I can't hit my 2500lb. goal with all the amenities intact. I pulled my cruise because i never used it and my power steering because i think 'cbs feel better with a manual rack.

I think most people delete all that stuff just to remove engine bay clutter rather than for performance gains.

I wonder how light you could get a dx coupe if it was fully stripped of interior save front seats and dash, dry carbon front/rear/trunk panels, dry carbon doors, lexan windows, delete cc/ps/ac/foglights/spare/jack/tools/trunk tension rods/all audio, smaller battery, lighter seats, minimized harnesses, wheels/tires....
                      Last edited by Lucien; 12-10-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

With no carbon parts the lightest I've gotten a dx coupe was 2567lbs and that was with 92-96 prelude seats, simplified wiring, gutted interior and gutted dash. It had cluster and dash shell and front door panels. Then I put it all back and sold the car cause I needed the money. That white coupe was clean, I should have kept it. If you swap the hood and trunk with carbon and cut stuff, roh and rear disc swap and aftermarket suspension i could see 2400-2450lbs. This is for a race car though or someone that just doesn't care. If you're going boost a stock weight car is fine all motor it helps more.

Comment

Ah. Yeah, i know going that far on my daily would be a terrible idea. I'm sure it would be a blast to drive fast, but unbearable most of the time.

Roh and rear disc swap save weight? Never even crossed my mind.

Comment

So I've read through so many pages of this thread and I'm gonna fan girl the hell out and say that this thing is an inspiration man!

How has this thing behaved on the street during it's various stages? What setup was most streetable and which had the least street manners and why? I understand that the tune would account for so much of the drivability so maybe an extra question would be would you say the drivability or lack of was the fault of the tune itself?

Comment

im gonna try to get my hands on a type s intake this weekend and try fitting it, ill let you know if i get one!
                              blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by DunKrS View Post
                                So I've read through so many pages of this thread and I'm gonna fan girl the hell out and say that this thing is an inspiration man!

How has this thing behaved on the street during it's various stages? What setup was most streetable and which had the least street manners and why? I understand that the tune would account for so much of the drivability so maybe an extra question would be would you say the drivability or lack of was the fault of the tune itself?
                                The least streetable was the 250whp, mainly because of the tune. The easiest to manage daily is this one. It averages 27mpg city, starts instantly and just feels smooth and predictable. Performance is consistent and reliable.

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                                im gonna try to get my hands on a type s intake this weekend and try fitting it, ill let you know if i get one!
                                Let me know, I'm really interested in this route along with another custom replica header with ,hopefully , provisions for an oem heatsheild. I'm going full sleeper little by little.

Comment

Working...
                                X