No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The atr intakes are very similar to bb6 usdm intakes. I've been toying with some other ideas. Once I get a steady fresh start plan ill be letting everyone in on it. Also I didn't know if anyone has seen this. A built k-series made 242whp. k20z3/k24a1 combo, 12.5:1 87.5mmx99mm k24a1 bottom end with unported k20z3 head. Supertech valvetrain, kelford 179b cams, j35 64mm throttle body, skunk2 pro series intake manifold, deatschwerks 600cc injectors, hybrid racing 3.5" cai, skunk2 megapower race header and vibrant 2.5" exhaust.
    It made 286whp/218wtq

Here's the link to the article
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...n-project-car/

but look at this

Here is the link to the info.
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9902...et-my-results/

This shows churches dyno to read roughly 18.4% higher than a dynojet in the same area. Meaning the honda tuning project car would be 242whp~ on a dynojet. I've proven in my area that dynojets read roughly 6% higher than the superflow I use.

I'm definitely going back the f23/f22 route. I'm pretty sure for the 23ish whp difference between dynojet numbers of my current setup to honda tunings k20/k24 hybrid project car I think 12.5:1's and a cam change Will put me right back at my 250whp mark cheaper. The hell with mpg, lol.
    Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 01-07-2015, 01:33 AM.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

You know about the K&N Apollo system?

Gives you the ability to attach to the smooth mandrel bends of an aftermarket cold-air or ram intake while maintaining the pressure ready at the filter like stock. The hose can be custom-routed, and has a velocity stack at the end so you can either mount it to the front of the bumper for a more direct ram-air effect, or into a custom 'air collector' box behind the bumper to avoid taking in water. The Universal filter has a 70mm outlet. The flexible hose is reinforced with a metal winding, so it holds its shape/routing very well; you shouldn't have to worry about it moving around and snagging on something. It's pretty smooth inside as well; the ribs are tight and shallow, so I can't see them creating much turbulence.

That's what I'm using; I figure I'll construct a box behind the bumper using some plexi glass bolted together with "L" shelf pegs. A poor-man's version of something like this:

Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-07-2015, 01:02 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'd like to see a comparison of one of those vs a aem v2.

Comment

Man, i'd be frustrated with that much variance between shops. Having to guess your actual engine output after paying hundreds for dyno time because there's a 60 hp disparity in the results is nuts.

I'm also interested in seeing results from that Apollo system.

Comment

Putting the f22 back in tomorrow. I'm selling off all my spare stuff locally and diving into the f23. I love having two running engines, lol.

Comment

Have you ever used Bisi valves? Somebody is selling a new set of Bisi valves, springs, and retainers for $500 but they don't show the valves on their website anymore. I was planning on using stock valves and retainers with Bisi springs
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax View Post
                Have you ever used Bisi valves? Somebody is selling a new set of Bisi valves, springs, and retainers for $500 but they don't show the valves on their website anymore. I was planning on using stock valves and retainers with Bisi springs
                I just ordered a set of Bisi valves for my build in the fall. Get prepared for much higher seat pressures. They still have them, you just have to call and Janet will let you know. I talked to their new technician and they are trying to phase out of the Honda world, according to him, but that doesn't mean they won't take money .

He uses Bisi valves on all his 6500 rpm + builds and he's used them with new OEM retainers.
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I've never seen a use for aftermarket valves on street car builds. I've been 7k plus thousands of times without issues. Problems occur with too much valve spring for the cam you're running. Honestly bisimoto springs with new oem retainers and keepers plus a set of rocker spacers and you're good up to .490" lift. On a side note the more duration you have and the less aggressive the ramp rate the less spring you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                    Man, i'd be frustrated with that much variance between shops. Having to guess your actual engine output after paying hundreds for dyno time because there's a 60 hp disparity in the results is nuts.

I'm also interested in seeing results from that Apollo system.
                    I took my CB to Church Automotive to get a base dyno on one of their Dynapacks a couple of years ago. When they finished, I was told that their Dynapack read 8% higher than a Dynojet. Wow 18%, that sucks giant sweaty gorilla balls!

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                      I took my CB to Church Automotive to get a base dyno on one of their Dynapacks a couple of years ago. When they finished, I was told that their Dynapack read 8% higher than a Dynojet. Wow 18%, that sucks giant sweaty gorilla balls!
                      haha wow.

You know what's always calibrated? My butt dyno. I'll just keep trusting that.

Comment

trap speeds don't lie...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          trap speeds don't lie...
                          Words of wisdom.

I've changed minor things on the f22 setup to get a good base for most f22a guys that want bang per buck mods.

Stock f22a6 complete 175-180psi across the board, very healthy.

K&N filter
                          BLOX 4" velocity stack
                          AEM BB6 V2 SRI
                          Stock S2K throttle body
                          F22B dohc plenum on A6 lower
                          OEM RDX 410CC injectors
                          Bisimoto lvl 2 regrind
                          Stock valvesprings all checked @ 58lb so I reused springs and just bought new oem retainers/keepers
                          Bisimoto header
                          Ktellar 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with vibrant resonator and xforce muffler

Made 162whp. I'll post the sheet later. I want to do the cam swap before and after of my custom spec vs the bisimoto, ported intake manifold vs not ported and stock throttle body vs bored and tapered. Just for fun while I'm waiting on more f23 parts.

Comment

That's pretty good. Sounds..... healthy!
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Would you say the stock springs are good enough for a Bisi lvl2 cam and 7k rpm? Or should I get the Bisi springs since I have everything already apart? Right now my plan is

A6 head
                              F23 block
                              10:1 by way of Supertech pistons
                              A6 lower and H upper manifold
                              H22 fuel injectors
                              Bisi lvl2 or Web equvilant, probably not Delta 272
                              M2B4 with ~12lb flywheel
                              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

here it is, 163whp@6471rpm & 153wtq@4748rpm

oem springs are ok on bisimoto level 2 regrinds up to 6500rpm as long as they are tested to have atleast 55lb+ seat pressure. honestly for the money it's worth it to get new springs, retainers and keepers if you plan on any aftermarket camshaft. it may be fine or may not be. i have a spare parts and engines laying around almost all the time due to an accord heavy area and a ton of junkyards so the risk for me is worth it most of the time is why i let stuff slide. another thing im looking into is a before and after for new oem rocker arms. worn rocker arms on a solid lift setup like most hondas can change valve events drastically, ie lose power.

Comment

Working...
                                X