Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u are correct, to an extent. if u dont want to get sucked in, i suggest u stay away from ever using flash at all because once u see the images u get, u will find urself using a complex flash setup more and more. there is maybe only one type of photography i can see not having a flash being just as successful... and that is landscape, and even then i have seen multiple flashes used for lighting.

ive said this before, but flash is basically forced induction for photography, forced induction forces air into a motor to produce more power. photography is nothing more then capturing of light, and to add light and have control(think boost controller) over it.... the better the outcome will be. even on bright sunny days i opt to use flash so i can fill shadows i dont want and make skies pop. it works for me and i completely understand it not working for someone else.

and just like boost it can be done wrong and kill the entire outcome....(think popup flash, and built in flash0

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Yeah, I steer away from pop flash. Although MAYBE useful on a few occasions it's really not proper. There have been many times where I have thought "I wish I had a nice flash."

I am sure there is a ton of reading and expirementing I could do. I'm trying to limit myself to just messing with my d40 and 50mm and kit lens. I know if I was good enough I could make great pictures with what I've got. So I'll try to stop myself from wanting to buy new things.

I can definitely see that flash can make a picture a great though. Better know what you're doing!

Only bad part about your analogy is that I don't like boost. Nonetheless I get the point.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Took that picture to use as an icon. Only editing was increasing brightness and resizing. Thought I'd throw it in here since I've just been working on it. All talking and no images for a little while now.

Comment

nice. lol i dont like boost either, but there is no denying its effectiveness.... lol and from what ive seen ur plenty good. u really do have to learn what u have before u move to more equipment. u are definitley figuring it out the right way.... there are times i wish i could go out with just a camera, but i know my results will be better with the setup i have in my camera bag.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Yeah, obviously the shots you are able to take with your experience, plus setup are going to be a lot better than just heading out there with a low level camera you started out on. It's different for you since you are at a higher level and have a career forming around your photography.

I love messing around with photography though. Not sure how I got into it but it's really quite interesting. Someday I'll have that flash setup, d300, and ferrari. Until then I'll just keep having fun.

Out of curiosity did you use flash to take that sig picture? Or could you just shine a light onto the car?

I've been thinking, and its almost like HDR is a replacement for a good flash setup. Like a cop out to finding better lighting. At least I think it can be in a lot of situations.

Comment

thats my main beef with hdr, when i said i feel it takes away from the photography....

The Chronicles.

Comment

damn i miss my cam

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                My Ride thread
                Flickr
                Originally posted by d112crzy
                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                All I gotta really say is:
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u View Post
                  damn i miss my cam
                  What happened to it?

Yeah, but it does allow me without a flash setup to take a picture that can turn out. But yeah, I definitely see what you mean now.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                    my first night back to work since my vacation.... im glad to be back. had a blast last night.

as u can tell the dj booth was kinda boring so i tried to make it look a little cooler lol
                    dude these are badass i wanna learn how to do this kind of work like how you did the dj booth thats cool as hell
                    to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
                    Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                      I can see how that would work out. Assuming you used a remote and a tripod?

I am just impressed that you didn't move at all?
                      Yes both a remote and tripod, but it's more simple than that.... I can move because I only used one picture for me, the other picture is just my eye where the camera's screen is. The trick is removing the correct content for the correct layers to let the layer below it show through, and then refining it.

I finished this one a little while ago
                      Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 01-10-2009, 09:49 PM.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2 View Post
                        Yes both a remote and tripod, but it's more simple than that.... I can move because I only used one picture for me, the other picture is just my eye where the camera's screen is. The trick is removing the correct content for the correct layers to let the layer below it show through, and then refining it.

I finished this one a little while ago
                        That does make sense. However if you call your face the bottom layer, then the top layer would be the one with your hand/object? I can see how this is working now.

Comment

And had to try this flash technique J-spec was talking about. Obviously this isn't cool... I was just sitting in my mom's car bored.

Comment

see what i was saying about the freezing of objects? pretty cool right?

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                              see what i was saying about the freezing of objects? pretty cool right?
                              Yeah, it makes sense to me now. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                                That does make sense. However if you call your face the bottom layer, then the top layer would be the one with your hand/object? I can see how this is working now.
                                Yup, one with the book...then I lower the book and snap another.
                                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X