Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys use to open/edit raw files? I take jpeg but I did some in raw the first day I shot and my regular programs don't open it.

Comment

if u have photoshop u may have to download camera raw.... which is free on adobes website...

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Stock SLR software that came with the camera should be able to edit it.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I don't have photoshop. Hopefully eventualy I can get my hands on it though. My old computer had it and I loved it. Now I'm using photoscape

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
            Stock SLR software that came with the camera should be able to edit it.
            It did but its only a 30-day trial. I really don't like trials because I get used to them and the fetures then the trial is over. Guess if I like it that much I'll just buy it after the trial..
            Edit: and I went to the lake today, it was glass smooth so I snapped a few. My only problem is that the sky turned out too white/undetailed. Remedy?

Last edited by F22HB; 09-18-2008, 09:35 PM.

Comment

hdr will fix that
              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                Edit: and I went to the lake today, it was glass smooth so I snapped a few. My only problem is that the sky turned out too white/undetailed. Remedy?
                Graduated Neutral-density filter, if you are shooting a DSLR that is.... looks like:

You rotate it until the darkened portion is horizontal/covering your brighter skyline to help even out exposure.....
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Very cool. I'll keep that in mind

Comment

A polarizing filter works nice too. It makes a HUGE difference on sunny days, I know that much. Not sure about cloudy/washed out skies.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ya it was overcast and I was expecting to catch the different shades of gray in the sky, instead of pure white.

Comment

bumping the f number a little might help as well.

1999 Honda Prelude
                        Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                          bumping the f number a little might help as well.
                          Ya, it's a combination of that and the proper filter. Just experimenting is probably the best way to hit "pay dirt" so to speak....
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                            A polarizing filter works nice too. It makes a HUGE difference on sunny days, I know that much. Not sure about cloudy/washed out skies.
                            Yes they do! As for cloudy days the polarizing filter hurts it unless you can hold the camera stable. I used the polarizing filter when I was indoors at the chicago auto show but I kinda regret it since some of the pics turned out crappy. I had to run a slightly longer exposure time to compensate. It pulls out the color really well though. Just some examples shooting indoors with a polarizer. One thing I liked was that it didnt overexpose any of the lighting indoors which i thought was cool since sometimes they might cause the dreaded lens flare.

notice its a bit dark couldnt hold it stable enough with the exposure needed since lighting fluctuated in the area.

And now that i look at it i need to retag all those before someone jacks them lol. Anyway now I dont shoot as much with the polarizer. For one I lost it in my room somewhere and usually bumping up the F stop helps quite a bit. But I wouldnt mind using the polarizer if I could find it again.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the bottom one doesnt look underexposed to me at all!

good pics.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                                the bottom one doesnt look underexposed to me at all!

good pics.
                                lol looks like it to me maybe its my monitor? I dunno lol.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X