Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first edit from a photoshoot i did today.

so i had a shitty night.someone bumped my camera off the bar at a club while i was tieing my shoe, and my beloved sigma 15-30 broke off at the mount. so looks like im in the market for an L wide angle. or a 5d to make a wide angle out of my 28-135. yeah thats my night. whooooo
    Last edited by J-specCb4; 01-25-2009, 08:50 AM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

sorry to hear about your loss haha. but on a serious note I shot a few times at a night club and thats one thing i was always afraid of is that someone would spill something on my camera or worse like knock it down. An L lens is definitely an investment and they are built like tanks. I dont know your lens collection but not all of them might work with the 5d because of the full frame.
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I hate when other people break my things.

On another note, love the lighting in that last picture.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I took some shots of my drums (playing music is what I spend most of my time doing). Canon EOS XSi with the "nifty fifty" lol. 50mm f1.8. I used all manual focus due to the 50 having a totally shit auto focus. Anyway, here goes:

1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

I've never had difficulty with my nifty auto focusing. It sucks at night, but other than that its alright when there's light.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                I've never had difficulty with my nifty auto focusing. It sucks at night, but other than that its alright when there's light.
                Hmmm well I guess they are all a lil different . I do find the autofocus works fine as long as there is a ton of light and shitloads of contrast. Even then though...sometimes it just misses! I've found not to run it wide open though...it's a bit soft. I like to go 2.2 or 2.5 or higher.

I'm looking at getting the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 though. It looks to be pretty good for the money.
                1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

The Tamron 17-50 2.8 is a kick ass lens. I was able to snach one on ebay from a guy who was upgrading to full frame for $270
                  The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                  Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                  Check out my JDM F22B swap
                  Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Had some relatives over for dinner last night for Lunar New Year. Messed around a bit with the camera and here are some shots.

All shots were taken with a Canon EF-S 17-85MM IS Lens and a Canon Speedlite 430EX II.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Were you pointing your flash at the flowers?

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                        Were you pointing your flash at the flowers?
                        Yes. Should I not have? I was messing around, I wasn't really going to take my time for each picture to come out its best.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

point it straight up in the air. it ill bounce light off the ceiling.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                            point it straight up in the air. it ill bounce light off the ceiling.
                            cool! thanks for the info!

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Well...most things I've read online say to not point the flash at the object. IT's better to bounce the flash off something as to not wash out the object, it also fills in the shadows better.

Or if you're going to point it directly, then use a diffuser(or w/e those things are called you put over the flash to soften it up and "spread" it.)

Comment

yeah basically the ceiling or whatever u bounce off of just acts like a big softbox...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X