No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many longevity sacrifices for something like that. You're removing the heat treatment of the journal, which, if it were the only thing changed could be lived with. Then, you'll have to run a 26mm-high piston that will either force you use a much smaller wrist pin, eliminate a piston ring or have the oil ring intersect the pin bore. Maybe even all three, depending on what the piston manufacturer recommends for minimum ringland thickness.

What I've been thinking about is adding a 12.5mm deck plate and installing flanged K24A sleeves. This would allow a 99mm stroke and 153mm rod. At that point you may as well install a K24A, but who needs to be reasonable. At least all rotating assembly parts would be of the off-the-shelf variety. Just a thought.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I've been thinking about that too. Truthfully, a k24/k24 hybrid is about the only way to make 300+whp tolerable on the street. My 250 whp F was a pain in the ass anything below 4k. Once it hit 4k it was fun and after 5k it was like sex, lol. As I get older I start to look at the big picture. For cheap thrills the f22a's can make 200whp fairly easy with good drivability, for 260whp the h22 can and the k series can be streetable at 310whp all without boost. I'm partial to stroke over rpm and I like to be cost effective. I should be able to make 230-250whp with 98mm stroke crank from marine crankshafts. Offset grinding has been used for years without problems when done correctly. I should probably just go with a shorter rod and focus on light weight rods and pistons. I'm definitely going full wpc treatment along with piston coatings and cylinder head coatings. This is one of the main reasons for starting over.....again, lol. I need to stop being impatient. This time my build will be much slower, hopefully, and more thought out.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

^+++

I'm all about the slow builds these days!

Taking your time and thinking things out helps. However, you still have to learn from your past. I know all about rushing builds. I made my mistakes on cheap SBC builds. Had lots' of fun blowing up JY V8's when I was younger!
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Which head gasket should I use? 86.5mm F23 block and A6 head. Should I have the combustion chamber chamfered?
          Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

You really need a caliper dial and check what ever gasket you plan to use. Some f23 head gaskets are 86.75 and some are 86.25.

Comment

I plan to use a Honda gasket. I will measure it and see

*update* the 12251-PAA-A01 F23 gasket is 86.75mm
              Last edited by InvaderTrax; 04-07-2015, 12:51 PM.
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

I measured a stock f22b gasket from felpro and got 85.81mm. I think most oem style gaskets are only going to be designed for. 5mm over.

Comment

Nothing like building your own competition. I've got bored and decided to build a friend of mines lude. He decided that after I finished making hondata S300 run the automatic on his h22 swapped lude he wanted to be more different. So Sunday we added Brian crower valvetrain, skunk2 pro1's, gears and pro series gears and 68mm omnipower throttle body. We are taking it for the tune Thursday. Sounds good. I'm in the process of designing a new cam profile for mine. I'm playing with cam lobe centers.

Comment

good to see an update!

Comment

I'm planning things more meticulously this time for sure. I'm going full sleeper this time. I am hoping to complete this next build and finally start on the body and interior, it's starting to show it's age, lol. I should be selling my bisimoto header, my custom regrind and my h23 intake manifold together for a power package.

Comment

I'm glad too see the motor meister is still building.
                        CB7TUNER.com
                        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Hmmm, selling around mid July by chance?

Is this H23 manifold the one you were recently gutting and grinding down the runner length?

I need to pair that header with a Vibrant 2.5" collector.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

this 209whp & 193wtq

plus a 100 wet shot netted me a big smile and then this

Comment

I'm going to send my engine your way so it finally gets done. Good work on another engine build though. One day I will get there lol.

Comment

Frick that must have been loud. That's the front crossmember, I assume.
                                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
                                X