No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocker arms have been on my mind lately, when reading Honda build threads you don't see much about swapping in new rocker arms on builds when swapping in new cams.
    If you don't swap your rocker arms do you do anything to recondition them before a cam swap?
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

not sure, that's why im doing a before and after dyno comparison to see if there is anything to be gained from it. i would think there is due to flat spots in the rocker pads over long periods of use. this could effect ramp rates, duration and lift. my question has always been by how much. im waiting on a set as of right now and i plan to use the a6 head that is currently on the a6 in the car currently. im going to adjust the valves, dyno the car, let it cool, swap rockers, adjust the valves and dyno again. i'll be doing 4-5 pulls each to make sure the data is as accurate as possible. after designing my cams a few times now im starting to pay more attention to valvetrain details, lol. i want to build another 250whp f-series, this time with more reliability.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Damn, i love this thread. It's like information heaven.

Accorn, how much of a restriction do you think an a4 header running to a 2.5" collector-back exhaust would be, over something like a bisi or hytech running to 2.5"?

I just discovered my stock a1 header is cracked. Living in SoCal, i'd like to retain the factory heat shield for subterfuge. So the plan is to pick up an a4 header at the jy this weekend and have a vibrant 2.5" collector welded on.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
          not sure, that's why im doing a before and after dyno comparison to see if there is anything to be gained from it. i would think there is due to flat spots in the rocker pads over long periods of use. this could effect ramp rates, duration and lift. my question has always been by how much. im waiting on a set as of right now and i plan to use the a6 head that is currently on the a6 in the car currently. im going to adjust the valves, dyno the car, let it cool, swap rockers, adjust the valves and dyno again. i'll be doing 4-5 pulls each to make sure the data is as accurate as possible. after designing my cams a few times now im starting to pay more attention to valvetrain details, lol. i want to build another 250whp f-series, this time with more reliability.
          thats something i would love to see. i'm currently debating to work on my a6 or go for an H22 SC auto swap. 250whp is a goal that is in mind as well for a daily, thats enough to zoom in and out of daily traffic lol.
          FRIENDS
          DONT LET
          FRIENDS
          ROLL ON
          ROTA'S

Comment

almost done with testing. will post results in a few.

Comment

we started today at 10am and just finished about 8pm

first off old rockers vs new

non ported vs ported ( 8888 to 0000 ) f22a6 runners and f22b dohc plenum

stock 62mm s2000 throttle body vs bored and tapered JDM H23A vtec throttle body 70>64mm

my custom web regrind vs bisimoto level 2

what i started with and what we finished with all testin was done with the shop closed up and exhaust venting out through exhaust hoses to keep the climate as controlled as possible. humidity was a steady 34-36% and ambient temp was in the 64-66deg F range. elevation is 33ft above sea level.
              the rocker comparison was 3hrs apart, intake manifold comparison was 28mins apart, throttle body comparison was 2-3mins apart, and camshafts were about 5hrs apart, had a boo boo and dropped a bolt down the in the timing cover, lol.

the peak numbers are impressive but the real fun is the across the board power. at 3500rpm there is about 20wtq gain, on average its a 13wtq gain and 14wtq peak gain. the largest whp gain of 17whp is at 5200rpm and peak for peak is about 13whp. 163whp/152wtq before and 176whp/166wtq after. no tuning was done until the camshaft was changed.

just for giggles F22A6 end results vs the last F23A non vtec combo. its funny how from 3600-3700rpm they make about the same power, lol. it must be a bad harmonic rpm for the intake or header.

im done for a little while till all my bottom end parts are here

Comment

So is this Web cam available to anyone? Or is it a secret?
                Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

i cant give all my secrets away, lol. i got out my measuring tools and degreed in both cams on the new rocker arms when we were swapping things around today.

bisimoto level 2
                  intake opens ATDC: 4deg
                  intake closes ABDC: 44deg
                  exhaust opens BBDC: 41deg
                  exhaust closes ATDC: 1deg
                  intake duration: 220deg
                  intake centerline: 114deg
                  exhaust duration: 222deg
                  exhaust centerline: 110deg
                  overlap -3deg
                  measure valve lift in/ex: .405"/.392"

my custom web
                  intake opens ATDC: 2deg
                  intake closes ABDC: 46deg
                  exhaust opens BBDC: 44deg
                  exhaust closes ATDC: 4deg
                  intake duration: 224deg
                  intake centerline: 114deg
                  exhaust duration: 228deg
                  exhaust centerline: 110deg
                  overlap: 2deg
                  measure valve lift in/ex: .430"/.417"

dont ever say i dont give to my fellow cb7 community, lol. i may be trying something a little more radical on the f22a6 later on but for now it's tolerable until the f23 is completed.
                  Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 01-23-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I've not been able to find that Web 148 can on their website. They show a #15/273 and 13/273
                    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

You have to call about it.

Comment

Holy shit. All the data...it's beautiful.

Comment

Good stuff. This thread is so full of great information.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I might have to take a trip to NC. Do you own a dyno or something cause I know that much time isn't cheap?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

One of my best friend owns a speed shop, Carolina Dyno.

Comment

Might have to bring mine out there when its done and let someone tune it who really understands these engines

Comment

Working...
                                X