No announcement yet.

Man i-phone woes lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The iPhone/Honda comparison is actually a really good one!
    Honda doesn't offer V8s. Honda doesn't offer RWD (anymore.) Honda (until recently) never really offered a high performance turbo vehicle.

Compared to companies like Toyota, Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc... Honda's offerings pale. Those companies have both sports cars and luxury cars with the rear wheels powered by V8 and/or turbo. Honda has neither. The best we have is the RLX, with V6 AWD.
    Now, that V6 AWD is phenomenal, and satisfies most customers. Many people that "overpay" for an "underpowered" Honda are usually very satisfied with their car. Many people that get suckered in by the massive power of American V8s, or the plethora of features offered by the Koreans, usually regret switching from their "underpowered" Honda (not always, but I've spoken to a number of people that have done both!)

I will be the first to admit that my iPhone doesn't have all the features of higher-end Android phones. As wildbill83 pointed out, there are some features that I honestly wish I did have in my iPhone that I could get in an Android.
    Saying that it doesn't have everything I want isn't saying it's crap, though. I'm very pleased with my iPhone. It does what I want it to do, and does so in a form that feels like quality, suits my needs in terms of size (though I do miss the smaller iPhone 4), and does everything that is actually important!

Wishing for more features on my iPhone 5s is like wishing for a supercharger on my CTS-V. I don't NEED it, though it's still appealing in theory!

Comment

`
      Last edited by Xsjado; 09-26-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I understand that deevergote and respect that. My question is why is the Honda civic priced like an AMG Mercedes-Benz?

Just to play on your analogy for fun let's look at it from this perspective:

Z06 Corvette priced like a Toyota Camry vs a Honda Civic priced like an AMG Mercedes-Benz.

But like I said earlier, that civic might be an upgrade from your last model and in that sense a bunch of parts swap over and the loyalty program makes the price right and you are comfortable with your civic then why not get the civic?

Comment

That's something I can't defend. I purchased my original iPhone used for a reasonable price. My 4 and my 5s were both purchased through AT&T for a reasonable amount ($200, I think) along with renewing my contract (which did not change with the purchase of a newer, more expensive phone... so either if I'm paying for it in my contract, I'd be paying the same without a new phone regardless!)
          Renewing my contract and getting a comparable Android device would be no cheaper.

If the only option was to pay the $800+ or whatever the full market value is for an iPhone... hell no!

In many cases, I will argue that the quality of a product is often reflected by the price. I don't know if i can do that for the iPhone, though. I do understand that much of what the iPhone does is designed specifically for it, whereas Android hardware developers can share various doodads developed by other manufacturers. The fact that the iPhone development is confined to Apple for the most part is likely a good part of the price. The rest of it is likely due simply to the fact that Apple wants money, and they know people will pay for it.

I do like the phone, and I'm not disappointed by the quality, but I don't believe the quality is SO high that it warrants the absurdly high market price. I want something made somewhere other than China for that price!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            You talk about taking the time to learn a software (as the complaint against Droid can't possibly be valid unless someone didn't know how to use it) and then you do the same thing with Apple... Ironic?

1) I will agree that the iTunes experience isn't as good on PC as it is in a Mac. Of course, most of that is Microsoft's fault.

2) I think you aren't using iTunes properly. I have over 100 gigs of music, and it is all on iTunes without having to duplicate it. You can store it wherever you want, and have iTunes access it wherever you want. No duplication necessary.

I'm going to stop justifying myself to you because you are simply coming across as an old grumpy a$$, who will go to any length to debate why sprinkles on a donut are better. I too am almost 40 now and have been in the IT World my whole life, since before 386 days. But I'm not going to write a book or justify my history of experience because you disagree.

But please tell me owequitit, can you justify why apple release a Iphone 6 that has the same hardware specs as another 2 years old phone & have sheep like yourself pay big bucks for it?

Comment

Come now, children. There's no need to call people names because of their smartphone preference.

I use iTunes, obviously... and I hate it. I use it on a PC, which I agree is probably a good part of it. As I mentioned numerous times already, Apple's greatest strength is the absolute compatibility of all hardware and software... because the developers of both know exactly what they're working with. I'm 100% sure that if I used iTunes on a Mac, I'd despise the program less.

My beefs with iTunes are:
              1) I hate that I MUST use it to transfer music to my phone. I can't just drag and drop. I can't just open my phone as if it were a USB drive and plop folders of music on there.
              2) I hate that when I do use iTunes, it takes a long time to load... or do anything for that matter! My computer isn't exactly high end, but with a dual-core Intel processor running at 3.3ghz, and 8gb of RAM, it's no dinosaur.
              3) I hate that if a music file isn't properly formatted (track, album, artist, track number) that it will get lost in iTunes. This makes for a frustrating experience when I rip a CD, or (yes, I'll admit to it...) illegally download MP3 files.
              I've been listening to Roger Zelazny's Amber series on audiobook recently. I pirated the files, and I spent over an hour meticulously altering each file's details so they will show up properly in iTunes, so that I may listen to them in the proper order. It was infuriating!

I know file management is much better when you actually purchase your music from the iTunes store, and I know it sounds childish and irresponsible to complain about the way the software handles my illegally obtained material... but still... I've had MP3 players and streaming apps that had NO trouble organizing the files simply by the folder and title!

Comment

To be fair iTunes handles legally obtained media the same way if it was not formatted in iTunes format.

Comment

I dislike apple for the same reasons as everyone else. Price for features, yada yada. I dont really support them in any way as most of the newest tech is not for my life.

We should though recognize apple is the ma and pop shop of the tech world. They have always had inferior products. Always, I mean you guys are discussing something that has never been doubted. When I was ten the only apples anyone had where in schools. Schools only had them because they gave them away. Fast forward to now they are still behind all the time. I believe though the model they have as a company is working. It does not have the best stats, or best anything. No one can argue the reliabilty though. No one can argue they are still the underdog. They have to be better than everybody else, even we are comparing them to all the companies. Its like a one on five fight, and apple is doing better than still standing.

Again I dont have an i phone.
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Wow, this has turned into a long and somewhat angry (or at least fairly irritated) thread just from someone asking if the iPhone 6 is worth it.
                    I'll be honest, and I've used EVERYTHING there is to use. I've had multiple iPhones, Androids, old BlackBerries, new BlackBerry 10 phones, and I have one Windows Phone 8 phone. Straight up, if your primary concerns aren't playing games and wasting time, you should be on a BlackBerry 10 phone. It is the most secure phone os available. Everyone knows BlackBerry has always had the best physical keyboards, and with BB 10 they have the best virtual keyboard as well. All messages (email/text/BBM/FB/twitter/emergency alerts/system notifications/whatever) all come in the BlackBerry hub, which you can access from anywhere with one screen gesture. It is a very optimized os. It took me getting a 2.2 ghz quad-core for the os in general to move as smooth and snappy as my 1.7 ghz dual-core BlackBerry Z30. And even with it being highly optimized, BlackBerry just launched the Passport, their first phone with a quad-core processor. Yes, BlackBerry World doesn't have nearly the amount of apps as the Play Store or Apple App Store, but BB10 can run android apps, and version 10.3 of the os comes with the Amazon app store for installing android apps with any extra hassle.

P.S. For the guy that said he misses BlackBerry Messenger, it is now available for Android phones (back to gingerbread), iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads (back to iOs 5, I believe), and Windows Phone 8 devices.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Come now, children. There's no need to call people names because of their smartphone preference.

I use iTunes, obviously... and I hate it. I use it on a PC, which I agree is probably a good part of it. As I mentioned numerous times already, Apple's greatest strength is the absolute compatibility of all hardware and software... because the developers of both know exactly what they're working with. I'm 100% sure that if I used iTunes on a Mac, I'd despise the program less.

My beefs with iTunes are:
                      1) I hate that I MUST use it to transfer music to my phone. I can't just drag and drop. I can't just open my phone as if it were a USB drive and plop folders of music on there.
                      2) I hate that when I do use iTunes, it takes a long time to load... or do anything for that matter! My computer isn't exactly high end, but with a dual-core Intel processor running at 3.3ghz, and 8gb of RAM, it's no dinosaur.
                      3) I hate that if a music file isn't properly formatted (track, album, artist, track number) that it will get lost in iTunes. This makes for a frustrating experience when I rip a CD, or (yes, I'll admit to it...) illegally download MP3 files.
                      I've been listening to Roger Zelazny's Amber series on audiobook recently. I pirated the files, and I spent over an hour meticulously altering each file's details so they will show up properly in iTunes, so that I may listen to them in the proper order. It was infuriating!

I know file management is much better when you actually purchase your music from the iTunes store, and I know it sounds childish and irresponsible to complain about the way the software handles my illegally obtained material... but still... I've had MP3 players and streaming apps that had NO trouble organizing the files simply by the folder and title!
                      You know what I dislike the most about iTunes is not being able to create quick playlists.

I had MusicMatch for YEARS in college and it basically had the iTunes library setup, but what you could do is just double click a song to add it to your playlist and you could easily create something quick.

If iTunes has it, I don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        To be fair iTunes handles legally obtained media the same way if it was not formatted in iTunes format.
                        It handles illegally obtained media as well...

Or at least I can get me some tunes off the ole Youtube in a specific way and put them in my iTunes library then on my iPod or iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          Or at least I can get me some tunes off the ole Youtube in a specific way and put them in my iTunes library then on my iPod or iPhone.
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                            Really?

Comment

Yeah, I am not being a smart ass either, when I still lovingly had an I-Phone that is what I did, I had a Youtube to MP3 conversion app.
                              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                                Yeah, I am not being a smart ass either, when I still lovingly had an I-Phone that is what I did, I had a Youtube to MP3 conversion app.
                                But being a smart ass is fun!

Thanks man, I didn't know that existed. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X