Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
    I had a cheap ebay one before and my oil never was dirty. This one is a better quality than the cheap ebay so I'm sure it will perform better, I had K&N filter before and theres really no performance gain and has been proven aftermarket vs stock filters perform the same.
    No way.

Stock vs aftermarket is way different. K&N is an excellent filter, but seriously far from the best.

Dry filters are amazing and PPM tests dont lie. All filters were NOT created equally.

I run K&N and think it works out great. I like reusing the filter. Thats a nice feature.

Cheap filters though = dirty oil a lot faster.

Just sayin
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
      No way.

Stock vs aftermarket is way different. K&N is an excellent filter, but seriously far from the best.

Dry filters are amazing and PPM tests dont lie. All filters were NOT created equally.

I run K&N and think it works out great. I like reusing the filter. Thats a nice feature.

Cheap filters though = dirty oil a lot faster.

Just sayin
      Here shows Import tuner comparing short ram intake vs stock and was equal power and or 15 hp power loss. Only gains was with cold Air intake.
      http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...s/viewall.html

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Here shows Import tuner comparing short ram intake vs stock and was equal power and or 15 hp power loss. Only gains was with cold Air intake.
        No where did I say they equal HP, I said the cheap filters = dirty oil faster.

The air filters make a huge difference in whats in your oil. Believe what you want. You obviously have the power to search and read-go check into that. Im not trying to shove my opinion down your throat, check it out.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I had a cheap ebay one before and my oil never was dirty. This one is a better quality than the cheap ebay so I'm sure it will perform better, I had K&N filter before and theres really no performance gain and has been proven aftermarket vs stock filters perform the same.

It's not a question of power gains or SRI vs. CAI...it's about filtration quality. The "no-name" or "eBay" brands allow MUCH more particulate matter through than a filter of higher quality. And as toycar said, not all filters are created equal. K&N might not be the best, but it's a damn msight better than a spectre, imo.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Exactly.
            Although I've seen some pretty reasonable arguments against K&N's filtration abilities as well. I've only used K&N or OEM replacement myself, and I've never had an issue.

I'm considering a filter upgrade for my CTS-V. Of course, I don't expect a power gain (even an aftermarket performance intake system is said to offer no benefit over the stock piece), and I don't drive it enough to really benefit from a reusable filter. I guess I just like the idea of an "upgrade".

As for my latest purchase... let's see if I can stick to it.

Comment

I think a lot of K&N problems come from under and over oiling in the end users hands. K&N also makes dry filters but I don't know if they sell them under their own name.
              Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

AEM used to use K&N branded filters. AEM now has dry flow filters under their own brand. It's entirely possible that those are K&N-made still.
                That's also a very good possibility. I've heard of the oil used in K&N filters causing major issues with MAP and MAF sensors, which could very well be a result of a user over-oiling and blaming the company. Poor filtration would also be very possible due to under-oiling.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Exactly.
                  Although I've seen some pretty reasonable arguments against K&N's filtration abilities as well. I've only used K&N or OEM replacement myself, and I've never had an issue.

I'm considering a filter upgrade for my CTS-V. Of course, I don't expect a power gain (even an aftermarket performance intake system is said to offer no benefit over the stock piece), and I don't drive it enough to really benefit from a reusable filter. I guess I just like the idea of an "upgrade".

As for my latest purchase... let's see if I can stick to it.
                  Congrats , I've been going to Retro-Fitness for over a year now. I was 222 lbs 22% Body fat, Now i'm 210 13% Body Fat with time and motivation you will get your results. Thumbs up on taking a step to success

Forgot to add this puppy to my purchases :
                  Last edited by Alex13mod; 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    AEM used to use K&N branded filters. AEM now has dry flow filters under their own brand. It's entirely possible that those are K&N-made still.
                    AEM Induction brand(intakes and exhausts) is part of K&N.
                    Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

EGR, FITV & Air Boost delete plates.

Finally arrived in the mail..If i was a metal eating monster these look like candy to me. I might get them anodized gunmetal or something

Comment

New rubbers for the wagon! BFG G-Force Super Sport A/S

8 Accords so far:
                        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Here she is:

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

To add to the filter topic about power (Not filtration) many engines act differently with SRI's CAI's or any mod for that matter. But honestly a aluminum tube conected to your stock box and a quality free flowing drop in filter is a preety good setup for any engine with just a bolt on setup.

Over on 6thgc a fella did a test of a stock box with k&n filter vs a sri with a k&n.... there was a 1.5whp difference in horsepower on a stock 5sfe that could have been from something besides the sri anyway. Besides looks and sound you aint gaing much on most stock 4cyl engines that you couldn't with just a free flowing element filter.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                                11.68 @ 127mph
                                417whp/375wtq
                                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                                X