Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post

Niiice Lee Enfield! Now we're twinzies! What No, Mk and year? What stamps does it have? I love Enfields. Please don't spare the details.
    I guess I forgot to include that...

It's a 1943 No4 Mk1. Serial number indicates it was manufactured at the Royal Ordnance Factory in Maltby, South Yorkshire. There are no US import stamps that I could find anywhere so that's kind of unique. I was under the impression that only the later Enfields had a walnut stock so I was surprised to see this one wasn't birch or beech wood. Although the numbers on the barrel bands don't match so its entirely possible the stock could have been changed out during factory refurbish before being stored. I think that's about it. I love shooting this rifle! The action is so smooth, though I need to polish the bolt, and the sights are spot on. This will definitely fill the void until I can afford an M1 Garand.
    Last edited by rustyaccord; 11-20-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

243 Cva scout did the job like a champ with core lockt 100g at 70yrds. He hit it right in the heart and blew out the left shoulder on the opposite side she didnt make it but 25yrds before dropping like a rock. Proud of the boy I taught him well!
      Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 11-19-2016, 01:22 PM.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
        I guess I forgot to include that...

It's a 1943 No4 Mk1. Serial number indicates it was manufactured at the Royal Ordinance Factory in Maltby. There are no US import stamps that I could find anywhere so that's kind of unique. I was under the impression that only the later Enfields had a walnut stock so I was surprised to see this one wasn't birch or beech wood. Although the numbers on the barrel bands don't match so its entirely possible the stock could have been changed out during factory refurbish before being stored. I think that's about it. I love shooting this rifle! The action is so smooth, though I need to polish the bolt, and the sights are spot on. This will definitely fill the void until I can afford an M1 Garand.
        How cool! Mine is a 1943 No4 MK1 as well but has the 1950 MK1* revision. Mine is Canadian also, Long Branch. Very nice Enfield you got there! It's cool how no two Enfields seem to tell the same story. Glad you shared it!

Comment

rustyaccord, I'm sure the pics of my Enfield are in this thread somewhere but here is another.

2016-11-19_09-56-51

Also, for the GF, she is still waiting on permits and such in order to purchase the G42. I could pick it up for her as I have all the permits but she wants to do it all on her own so I'm letting her. She will probably have the firearm by the end of this coming week.

This is everything so far. Still waiting on the Fobus holster to come from Israel.

2016-11-18_08-31-17
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-20-2016, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Bought a lot of stuff since I last posted in this thread. I can't remember everything but here are some pics.

SG Ammo had 280 rounds of .303 British 174g FMJ for $109.00 before shipping. Bought a couple of almost new military ammo cans. Bought an SKS Tekmat, a Russian SKS stripper clip pouch, a couple dozen new SKS stripper clips, some CLP solvents, CLP FrogLube, Hoppes anti scratch picks and a .303/.30 caliber specific cleaning kit, etc. Bought a bunch of stuff lately.

Also worth mentioning 400 rounds of Brown Bear 7.62x39 FMJ.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-15-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Bought a lot of stuff since I last posted in this thread. I can't remember everything but here are some pics.

That is a nice simonov you have there, i am a fan of com block toys due to simple design, durability and reliability. I had a 1956 sino soviet sks that i purchased with a factory 30 round magazine years ago for $270, had it for about 5 years and turned around and sold it for $800(steep but i did not set price). I had a chance to purchase a Bren gun for $1900, a Suomi m31 for $1300 and belive it or not i knew of a place selling a 155mm howitzer too.
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I like Mil surplus firearms. Working on getting a C&R license at the moment. Should have it in 3 months give or take. Will make getting the firearms I like a little easier.

I have 21 hours in cleaning the Lee Enfield and about 12 in the SKS at the moment. I'm out on workman's comp awaiting a hernia surgery Thursday so I've actually got time to do this kinda thing for once. Been out for a week today. Will be out another 4 to 6 weeks. So may get to do other cool firearm stuff if I feel up to it.

Comment

I like Mil surplus firearms. Working on getting a C&R license at the moment. Should have it in 3 months give or take. Will make getting the firearms I like a little easier.

I have 21 hours in cleaning the Lee Enfield and about 12 in the SKS at the moment. I'm out on workman's comp awaiting a hernia surgery Thursday so I've actually got time to do this kinda thing for once. Been out for a week today. Will be out another 4 to 6 weeks. So may get to do other cool firearm stuff if I feel up to it.
                  Easier to some end, you have to make sure all the numbers are matching and absolutely no modifications have been made to the firearm. It does facilitate getting "certain" firearms as you can argue that you are a collector however for those purchases you still have to receive approval of purchase before you can receive them and unfortunately most places require you to purchase the firearm before they can try and help you with the process; if at any point your stamp is not approved then you end up for a paid firearm you cannot legally own at a dealers posession. Believe me the ATF WILL check every firearm you purchase with the license to see the legality of said firearm.

Comment

Going to pick up my handgun permit today.

After that ill be picking up a S&W 9mm Shield. We carry the full size at work so I figure itll be good to have for keeping consistent with work qualification, good for home defense and Ill also be CC it.

Ill post up when I finally get it.

After that my buds going to build me an AR, just waiting to save up.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                      Easier to some end, you have to make sure all the numbers are matching and absolutely no modifications have been made to the firearm. It does facilitate getting "certain" firearms as you can argue that you are a collector however for those purchases you still have to receive approval of purchase before you can receive them and unfortunately most places require you to purchase the firearm before they can try and help you with the process; if at any point your stamp is not approved then you end up for a paid firearm you cannot legally own at a dealers possession. Believe me the ATF WILL check every firearm you purchase with the license to see the legality of said firearm.
                      whats this tamp you speak off? IF you have your CR and you send them your license they ship you your gun. There isn't many guns you can get cause the market is sort of dried out. And you do have to keep a ledger that can be inspected by the ATF but from what ive read is rarely done.

The shitty thing is that because its a collection you are only suppose to keep one maybe two of each gun, because you aren't suppose to be buying and selling for profit. I think you can get away with it if the guns are from different countries and same makes. That whole situation is really grey.

Crankshaft do you have your CR?

Im from oregon and the market is really grey right now because they passed the mandatory BGC on all guns even CR from private parties. But I haven't seen oregon on any websites banned list to get a direct shipment to your house.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                        whats this tamp you speak off? IF you have your CR and you send them your license they ship you your gun. There isn't many guns you can get cause the market is sort of dried out. And you do have to keep a ledger that can be inspected by the ATF but from what ive read is rarely done.

The shitty thing is that because its a collection you are only suppose to keep one maybe two of each gun, because you aren't suppose to be buying and selling for profit. I think you can get away with it if the guns are from different countries and same makes. That whole situation is really grey.

Crankshaft do you have your CR?

Im from oregon and the market is really grey right now because they passed the mandatory BGC on all guns even CR from private parties. But I haven't seen oregon on any websites banned list to get a direct shipment to your house.
                        You need a stamp for Automatic firearms, we have one thing going for us HOWEVER it is unlikely that the person in charge of handing out the permit/stamp for you to acquire such firearm will be so willing to do so. As far as I have read my manual there is no regulation as to the number you can own AND YOU CAN sell but there is a very gray area on that matter, just know that just as anything else in life when you own any type of licence and you comit aviolation the book will be thrown at you with much more severity as you are required to read and abide by the rules and regulations of said license. Also the ATF WILL come and pay you random visits believe me, and any branch of the government is not to be taken lightly as they can make life hell.
                        Last edited by Crankshaft; 01-23-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I didn't know we were talking about machine guns. I have four stamps myself.

I haven't bought anything on my license yet and haven't received a visit or a phone call.
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                            I didn't know we were talking about machine guns. I have four stamps myself.

I haven't bought anything on my license yet and haven't received a visit or a phone call.
                            May be due to the fact that you have not used it, maybe the officer/officers in the area are not as strict when it comes to visit. I Don't believe in waiting to see what will happen, speciallywhen given a privilege as I was given. IRS and any major major beach of the government I am not interested in taking chances with.

Comment

After much thought, I had to order this Parker Hale PH-5C for my Lee Enfield. I think they look awesome and I'm really excited to try it out.

Comment

The information I read was pretty much word for word what phatdoughnut stated. They ship you the firearm and you keep a ledger. In a nut shell. I didn't look much into the selling of firearms acquired via C&R as I don't ever plan to sell any firearms. I only plan to acquire. Will post up next I hear back from the ATF.

-

Anyhow, I'm kinda limited, had umbilical hernia surgery Thursday but wanted to show off some more firearm stuff I got recently. I'm really enjoying working on firearms. I don't know much but YouTube and Google are great for learning.

UTG Model 47 Gen V reinforced ergonomic sight tool for my SKS. Pachmayr gunsmith screwdriver set, Wilde gunsmith punch set, Dry & Dry silica packets 500 5 grams for ammo storage, and a Weaver gunsmith hammer and punch set.

I've tore my Lee Enfield No4 Mk3* down to nothing, cleaned everything meticulously then reassembled with high quality CLP lube. And I tore down my Chinese Type 56 SKS to nothing and done the same. Lot's of cosmoline still in places but now it's only soaked into the wood of the stock.

If I get well enough before having to go back to work I want to see if I can make it to a range not far from where I live and shoot a bit. Been a long time since I've fired a round. Since I lived in Missouri.
                                Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-29-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X