No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was referring to the barrel of my shotgun if that's what you were getting at.

Comment

Here she is gents, finally complete. For the most part anyway. There's still a couple little things but nothing that'll make a big difference in the look of it.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

^^^ Incredible.

Comment

Looks great. I should send you mine to do.

Mine's pretty rough. It's a Romanian G-kit. stock and foregrip are OK but don't look as nice as yours. Paint on the rest of it is basically rattle-can.
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I got curious on my Stevens and took it to a local gunsmith. It was made between 1908 and 1915. Still only worth $50 to $125 but it's neat that it's that old.

Comment

Thanks guys I'm happy with it. Just need a good red dot and a different muzzle brake now. The romy g kits are nice, easy to find parts and furniture for them to, if yours are really bad. I sanded mine and stained them then put like 7 coats of polyurethane on top. I wonder what customs would have to say about you sending an ak over the boarder hahaha.

Old guns are always cool. I had a Rohm rg10 .22short revolver that was pretty old. When I looked it up on google I found that back in the day you could order one out of a magazine and they'd ship it right to your house for around $25. I shot it once (it looked like a death trap) and I had to pull the trigger 12 times to get all 6 rounds to go off.
              Last edited by bassrock234; 12-20-2014, 01:13 AM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                Thanks guys I'm happy with it. Just need a good red dot and a different muzzle brake now. The romy g kits are nice, easy to find parts and furniture for them to, if yours are really bad. I sanded mine and stained them then put like 7 coats of polyurethane on top. I wonder what customs would have to say about you sending an ak over the boarder hahaha.

Old guns are always cool. I had a Rohm rg10 .22short revolver that was pretty old. When I looked it up on google I found that back in the day you could order one out of a magazine and they'd ship it right to your house for around $25. I shot it once (it looked like a death trap) and I had to pull the trigger 12 times to get all 6 rounds to go off.

Palmetto state has the bushnell TRS25's for 60 bucks with mouth plus 10% off with bushnell10 code.

oh yeah picking up a piece that has been on my want list for a long time tomorrow.
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I disassembled and cleaned up my Springfield 12 gauge tonight. I was going to try and blue it but I fixed the stock (the bolt was loose) and the way the finish turned out I really like. I just want to know how to preserve the finish. It's really rustic looking and goes great with the old stock.

I also cannot find any info on the number on the barrel that's supposed to tell the date and whatnot.

I was thinking about cutting the barrel down but I got a hold of my father (he gave it to me several years back) and he said he bought it in the early 80's from a police auction for $25. I guess it may have been involved in a crime. Or been confiscated from someone at one time. So since it has a story (kinda) I really don't want to tamper with it.

I took it out and ran three rounds of 2-3/4" bird shot through it. Kicks like a fucking mule like every break over. With 2-3/4" bird shot it kicks quite a bit harder than a 30-06.

Here are some pics. I really like how it looks.

* I just realized the finish is really hard to get a good pic of. I will go ahead and post what good ones I have up now and try and take it outside in the next couple of days and see what it looks like with natural light.

Comment

While I'm at it... here is another one I have not shown you guys yet.

Remington Model 582 rifle. Will fire a .22 short, long or long rifle (says so on the barrel). I got this one from my father, he gave it to me when I was 18 or 19.

Stock is sawed off. I want to find another stock to put on it. This is the next one I'm going to clean up. Can't have too many .22's. Especially one that will shoot all three .22 caliber rounds.

Yeah, I have a lot of old guns. But they still work. All but my J Stevens 20 gauge. Hell it may work but I need to go through it first.

EDIT....

I found what I need! Can't wait to get it and have a brand new looking rifle. After reading a bit some people have claimed that the 582 is a tack driver. I'm going to break it down, clean it up and oil it real well and see how well it shoots when the stock and butt plate get here. If it's as good as they say I will be looking for a Leupold scope to put on it. I wanted a good .22 and never thought about this one as I have never shot it. It doesn't feed right for one I need to figure what's up with that. But I'm pretty stoked about this one and I hope it turns out to be pretty accurate.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-25-2014, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Sweet! Nice having one that'll shoot multiple calibers. Put some .22 shorts in it and I bet it sounds like a pellet gun hahaha.

Hopefully I'll be picking up my first mosin in a couple days.

Comment

Sweet! Nice having one that'll shoot multiple calibers. Put some .22 shorts in it and I bet it sounds like a pellet gun hahaha.

Hopefully I'll be picking up my first mosin in a couple days.
                        I have been looking for an M44 Mosin Nagant carbine. I could have got a really nice one but I didn't buy when I should have like an idiot...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411553244

I have a Mosin M91 PU sniper. I think I paid $90 for it in 2004 or early 2005. As I recall its the only rifle I have that utilizes the 7.62x54R. Pretty beastly round IMO.

Comment

I want an m44 as well.

I actually picked it up today, it's an early 91/30. From what I've found online it's an ex-dragoon that was updated to a 91/30. Has a nice laminate stock and it's dated 1927. I'd love to put the sniper bent bolt and scope with mount on it, maybe in the future.

Ever seen an obrez? Mosin pistol hahaha talk about a flame thrower.

Comment

You guys should look into getting your C&R licenses. They are like 25 bucks I think and they get processed in like 2-3 months. You can get discounts at brownells,I think midway did away with the discount. But then you can have C&R guns directly shipped to you.

I got it just for fun.
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

here's my new russian lady. Haven't found a whole lot about it other than I think it's an ex-dragoon, it has the rarer laminate stock and it has stamps ALL OVER IT. Seriously there's an arsenal stamp on almost every part. All numbers match too btw, except the bayonet of course.

Comment

heh. AK's are illegal in Canada. Mine is at my parent's house in PA.
                                My Car
                                FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                                X