No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved my norinco sks. Especially after modding the bolt. Long barrel though, I wouldn't mind a paratrooper model if I were to get another.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

They are good, cheap fun. The ejection is very violent. I broke a few overhead lights before. I was just laughing.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
        I loved my norinco sks. Especially after modding the bolt. Long barrel though, I wouldn't mind a paratrooper model if I were to get another.
        I looked at a paratrooper and thought I would like the shorter barrel. The cost, about $600, is a bit more than I'm willing to spend right now but if I really like the Type 56 I might opt for a paratrooper later.

My Lee Enfield .303 No4 MK1*/3 has a short barrel on it as it was built in Long Branch Canada in 1943 but given the MK3 revision in 1951. I really like my Lee Enfield over others, even the carbine (No5 I think) because of it's short length.

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
        They are good, cheap fun. The ejection is very violent. I broke a few overhead lights before. I was just laughing.
        That's exactly why I've chosen the SKS platform as my next purchase. I'm actually getting two one for me and one for my GF as likes to shoot even more than I do. It will be the first firearm I've ever bought her so that's pretty cool.

I'll look out for that ejection. Sounds kinda neat.

-

What ammo did/do you all run in 7.62x39? I want to get about 2000rds on hand. A couple 1000rd bulk packs would be what I'm most interested in. I've bought 7.62x54 for a Mosin I had but never x39. I was looking at this: http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplu...nd-primer-lacq

I've done quite a bit of reading and from what I've read SKS's don't seem to be to picky.

Comment

They're not picky at all, just like an ak, it's going to run whatever you put in it.

I usually shoot Tula ammo but if you're going for accuracy, I'd go for something like silver bear. Tula is good ammo but their powder loads are inconsistent.

The link you posted there is good ammo, made at the Barnaul factory like silver bear. It would be very similar to wolf brand ammo.

But you can probably get 1k rds of Tula around $200 I would think. I'd check cheaperthandirt, and add it up. Sometimes it's cheaper to get a couple 100rd boxes vs. the 1k pack.
          Last edited by bassrock234; 12-30-2015, 01:13 AM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

golden tiger is good also. Make sure you get some stripper clips to make loading easier. I bought some spam can corrosive stuff that came loaded in clips for the clips.

I have a Russian and its almost my favorite rifle.
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

They're not picky at all, just like an ak, it's going to run whatever you put in it.

I usually shoot Tula ammo but if you're going for accuracy, I'd go for something like silver bear. Tula is good ammo but their powder loads are inconsistent.

The link you posted there is good ammo, made at the Barnaul factory like silver bear. It would be very similar to wolf brand ammo.

But you can probably get 1k rds of Tula around $200 I would think. I'd check cheaperthandirt, and add it up. Sometimes it's cheaper to get a couple 100rd boxes vs. the 1k pack.

That's awesome. What I expected but good to hear it from those with first hand experience.

I've bought from CTD a bit with no complaints. I'll check with them before I commit to buy anything ammo wise.

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
              golden tiger is good also. Make sure you get some stripper clips to make loading easier. I bought some spam can corrosive stuff that came loaded in clips for the clips.

I have a Russian and its almost my favorite rifle.
              Ultimately I want a Russian however my budget doesn't agree with me at the moment.

In Verona MO at an Amish ran auction about a year ago there was a Russian SKS that went for $550 as I recall. I really wanted it but was saving money for what I would soon thereafter spend on the 1993 EX sedan that I own. So it's like eh... Still wish I could have somehow picked up the SKS though.

-

I just bought 1000rds of .22LR from SGAmmo.com. Pricey but I needed .22lr for my Remington 582. Got the scope on it and the new stock will be on it sometime here soon. http://www.sgammo.com/product/22-lr-...s-made-germany
              Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-04-2016, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Got a new ar pistol and picking up my gen 4 glock 17 and glock 43 tomorrow. ill try and get pics tomorrow.

Comment

I received my order of 1000rds of .22 LR today.

5 more days and I place the order for two SKS's.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-07-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Mmmm, .22 LR... I finally got lucky and found 3 Bucket O' Bullets. Not the greatest ammo, but plenty good for plinking.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I found the SK brand .22LR and bought it before I knew it was supposed to be really good. Compared to .22 prices 5 or 10 years ago $60 a 500 brick is insane. But these days your doing good to get your hands on any standard .22 ammo.

Comment

I got to fire my 12 gauge for the first time yesterday (Sunday) using bird shot
                        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Just purchased the SKS from J&G sales. The damage is $347.36. Can't wait to get it!

Talked to a business with an FFL yesterday. Processing fee is $30 or $35.

I decided I wanted to see what I received before I committed to purchasing two.

Comment

Cosmoline sucks. Good as a preservative but sucks to get off.

2.5 hours later.

Picked up some various ammo while I was at the store I used for the FFL.

Comment

Nice! Wish mine had the bayonet on it. That Cosmo is nasty stuff! Once you shoot it and it gets nice and hot it'll boil out of the wood hahaha.

I think I have some stripper clips left over from mine if you want them.

Comment

Nice! Wish mine had the bayonet on it. That Cosmo is nasty stuff! Once you shoot it and it gets nice and hot it'll boil out of the wood hahaha.

I think I have some stripper clips left over from mine if you want them.
                                I was pleased to see that it's complete with the bayonet and cleaning rod. I heard some people leave them outside in the sun in the summer and that helps remove some of the cosmoline as well. I guess the stuff doesn't like heat. lol

I have a military surplus firearm addiction. Since I've went through the purchase ordeal once now I've got my eye on a couple other firearms J&G has. A Romanian Tokarev is next on my list and a Kel Tec KSG after that. KSG I will have to save up a bit for and not military surplus of course.

I'll hit you up regarding the stripper clips via PM when I get paid again the 25th. If that's ok. I appreciate you letting me know. I'd be more than glad to put them to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X