No announcement yet.

My latest purchase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper looks 5x better like i figured it would, good job.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Debating leaving the chrome part in the rockerguard and then painting the valance white.

Comment

Looks better than before as is, but do what you like it's your truck man so go for it.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Probably just leave it.

Need an oil change and service badly. The oil looks like black tar. I'm sure some fresh oil will help smooth things out. Also need to look at the rear end oil too. Wonder if that's EVER been changed.

Comment

Did they look over it today?

02 Crv

Comment

Nice pick up Mike

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Did they look over it today?
                It's Sunday....

Comment

She already looks like a different truck. did you cost the rear bumper in rockerguard?
                  92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                  2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                  2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Had it in at work today for oil change, tranny top up and rear end fluid change. What a difference. Old stuff in there was like sludge. Drives much smoother and more responsive now.

Just dumped some injector cleaner in it now, cleaned out the throttle bottle and going to change the spark plugs tonight.

Comment

I got a pair of 4WD fenders on RockAuto for dirt cheap (I believe under $200 shipped for both sides). If you get the CAPA certified ones, they'll fit great and they'll match up perfectly with that bumper.

Comment

Absolutely pointless spending $200 on fenders on this truck. Done all the bodywork that needed attention. I don't want this thing to turn into a project. Because as soon as I start doing one thing, I do another and then it gets out of hand and then all of a sudden I have 2 projects.

Just put the new plugs in and adjusted the idle. Seems to run WAY better now. Still feels like the exhaust is holding it back, like it's breathing through a straw.

Comment

damn that looks really good. I actually miss driving a pick up.

Comment

lol, it might look good in pictures, but the entire truck has been spraypainted white. The tops of the fenders on the bed have been bondo'd, hence you can see the spray paint overspray.

However, when I was underneath the truck on the hoist at work today, there is absolutely NO rot or rust at all on the frame or cab. The bed has some surface patches starting on the seams of the floor where they meet the wheel wells, but there's nothing besides that.

I absolutely cannot beleive how solid this truck is, with the seemingly uncared for condition I bought it in. I just changed the spark pligs and the old ones were brown and black. The oil was like dinosaur tar and the rear end was pretty sludgy.

With all new fluid and new plugs and cleaned out TB and adjusted idle, this is one happy little truck now.

Comment

what a nice little truck you've picked and you have superb cleaning skills.Good luck with the new truck!

Comment

Superb cleaning skills? Yes, on the car. On the truck...that's as clean as it'll get lol. It's a beater work truck, no sense in keeping it sparkling clean. Plus, it's just so damn filthy, I'd need to literally pressure wash the interior.

Here's a nifty little mod for you guys.

Acura Vigor spoiler LED as my 3rd brake light. Fits in the slot in the bed valance.

Comment

Working...
                                X