No announcement yet.

My latest purchase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. I'd love an older small truck.
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Probably will lower it, because it'll be better to drive in the winter, being 2WD.

Drove my stock height B2200 in the winter and had no traction or any sort of handling whatsoever. Dropped it 3" and drove like a car.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        Probably will lower it, because it'll be better to drive in the winter, being 2WD.

Drove my stock height B2200 in the winter and had no traction or any sort of handling whatsoever. Dropped it 3" and drove like a car.
        that use to happen to my uncles nissan hardbody, but he just put sand bags in the back.

Comment

Weren't you borderline broke a few months ago?
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
            Weren't you borderline broke a few months ago?
            Yup. Working 2 jobs, all my bills are now paid off and caught up. I bought this truck on my line of credit and hope to pay it off in 2 months.

Comment

Yo.
              COUPE K24

Comment

I learned to drive stick on that exact same truck!

They are great beaters!

Comment

My dad has one of this Hilux in the Dominican Republic and it has 3xx,xxx miles on it .

He had it running on Gas but it was getting expensive to he converted it to run on Propane.

Propane's prices have come up now so he went back to Gas and that thing is a tank.

If you go diesel 4x4 would be awesome.
                  10th Anniversary Accord.
                  05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Nice looking truck, I wish I could grab something like that. I want an old 4 cyl toyota or nissan truck. For now my 02 Accord V6 with a roof rack is my truck.

Comment

I been looking for that type of truck for EVER! nice find !

Comment

Totally scored at the JY tonight. Had a quick run around before they closed, so tomorrow morning I need to go back.

They have a later 93-95ish V6 Toyota 4x4 there with a fairly decent chrome front bumper, chrome mirrors and blue bucket seats that maybe I'll swap the bench for.

Oh no, it's starting LOL

I'm picking the truck up in about 2 hours from now.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          They have a later 93-95ish V6 Toyota 4x4 there with a fairly decent chrome front bumper, chrome mirrors and blue bucket seats that maybe I'll swap the bench for.
                          check to see how nice the bumper brackets are as well... you'll probably want to grab some or fabricate some new ones. i can't remember.. are the 4x4 front fenders different? Don't they have more flare? Might want to put that on your list....
                          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I'd stick with the bench seat.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

How's the timing chain guides? My chain started hitting the cover, so I sold the truck before the motor popped. I'm sure I could have pushed it further, but it flunked MA inspection for a few suspension maladies.

The cluster can be swapped with an SR5 cluster to get the tach, but you'll need the oil pressure sender. Make sure you match the cluster (electronic or cable).

The buckets can be done, but if I recall correctly you will either need to drill and bolt 1 of the 4 bolts or just run with 3 bolts.

I don't believe the 4WD grill/bumper will work without the front fenders, but don't hold me to that. I know the grills were different between the 2WD/4WD models.

The main areas of rust that I know of is the inside of the rear leaf shackles and then behind the splash shields in the front fenders on the cab.

I loved my old Toyota, there are many, many days I wish I still had it.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I know the timing chain guide is a common issue with them. This truck runs and idles dead silent. I youtube'd some videos and heard what the slap/knock sounds like, and this doesn't have any weird sounds at all.

The frame is near mint. I got under it in the light this evening and can't find any faults. This would truck is very solid. I stole this truck for $1000.

When I got the truck home, it was making all sorts of funny vibration noises while accelerating or giving it gas at idle. Turned out the front bumper valance was held on with some mechanics wire and vibrating, and the inside panel of the tailgate was missing soem screws and vibrating. Took the valance off and added some screws and she's dead silent.

I took the blue paint off the headlights as well as the tint off the side markers. Gave it a good exterior wash and cleaned the engine bay, but it really doesn't look much different lol.

Fun little truck, I really like it. Slow and steady lol. Also decided against lowering it. Sits fine as it is, lowering it will make it useless to haul stuff.

I got it home near dark tonight so I wasn't able to snap any pics. I'll have pics tomorrow when I get the new bumper and stuff installed and the wheels painted.

Comment

Working...
                                X