No announcement yet.

My latest purchase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice truck. those 22r motors are very potent work horses but if you want crazy reliability (and a little torque) look into the toyota 2L swap or a 3L for more power and torque. i spent alot of time driving a couple toyota hiace vans

Comment

All I need is something to drive. Obviously I'll fix this thing up a bit. I think this truck is worth keeping, even when I don't need it. But with the way things are, I need it for my side work, and just general stuff I don't want to mess my car up with.

It's bad enough when I go and take our recycling in, and I've got garbage bags full of bottles and cans in the trunk and they leak all over my black carpet.

At work next week I'm going to bring it in for a full service and just have them go over it. Basically just short of a safety inspection.

Driving it around, I'm trying to find out where the vibration from underneath is coming from. The truck drives smooth, but sounds like there's a heat shield or something vibrating under the truck while driving. I'll get under there this afternoon and inspect it.
      Last edited by crazymikey; 06-02-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Slap on a diy intake, and open that exhaust.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Previous owner already installed a cone filter on it. But yeah, this is no speed demon lol. Struggles to climb to 60-65mph.

I swapped out the bench for buckets from an ext cab. Got a 4runner grille and chrome 4x4 bumper. A little rusty, but it'll clean up a bit.

Tomorrow I'll do the spray in liner and paint the wheels white.

Started with this:

Now:

YO, get off my ass

Buckets

Comment

The 4WD fenders will line up perfectly with that bumper.

Also, the truck is pre-wired for the clock. Well worth it.

Comment

I think the later 4runner headlights that are more flush with the grill will fit up with little to no modifications. I know a lot of show Toyotas opt for them because of the more smooth appearance. Just an FYI.

I did sorta the same thing with my old Isuzu p'up, swapping them with Rodeo headlights.
              We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
              Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

i had the same speaker cut outs from the PO. lol

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The grille is from a 4runner that uses the same headlights I have. There was a 4runner there with the smooth style headlights, but there was only one headlight, so I couldn't do the conversion.

The 4x4 fenders on the truck I got the bumper from were completely rotted out.

All the dashes had the clocks broken or missing already.

As for the speaker cut outs, my roommate had his stock Bose speakers from his Sierra which fit in the holes, so I wired them up and added the nice metal mesh speaker covers from my JL speakers I have in the Accord, giving them a finished and proper look in the doors.

I was able to track down some more of the vibrations. There's a metal plate that sits ontop of the valve cover that has some vacuum lines mount to it. It was missing 3 of the 4 bolts, so I just took it off and the worst of the vibrations is gone now. The dash bezel was missing a screw, causing it to vibrate badly, as was the steering column cover.

Still a few rattles here and there, but I think I sorted out the worst.

Also removed the tint from the rear window because I couldn't see out of it.

Comment

Looking good bro! get some of that chrome polish that comes in a can.. it's basically like steel wool... i'll try and remember what it's called.. but it'll polish that bumper up and remove the rust stains...

As for the grille, looks good. I like it.. really cleaned up the front some. I like the newer style grille/headlights but you did what you could! Maybe in the future once you get tired of this look!
                    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I did polish up the bumper a little bit afterwards. It looks much better now. I took those pics right after I installed it. Most of the stains and pits came out, but there are large sections where the chrome plating is completely gone.

I like the 6x7 headlights it has, but I may upgrade to the H4 conversion like I put in my B2200.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on this truck. My JY trip and cost for paint & bedliner was $200.
                      Last edited by crazymikey; 06-03-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

that's not bad.. 1200 invested total! looking good bro. I like your personal touch with the tailgate.. haha
                        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

$1200 in purchase price & mods/repairs $59 for registration. Insurance for 2 vehicles goes from $44/mo with just the Accord to $92/mo now for both.

$55 filled it from sucking fumes. Going to take it into work and have them do a service and inspection on it this week. I'd like to find what that vibration in the driveline is.

Comment

Nice, the joys of working at a dealership! Bet you can't wait to pull her into that detail bay!
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I also have my own detail bay at home lol.

I'm not allowed to clean my own vehicle at work unless it's been in for service.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                                I also have my own detail bay at home lol.

I'm not allowed to clean my own vehicle at work unless it's been in for service.
                                keywords. now get to it!
                                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Working...
                                X