Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly teggy owner ... Accords are for big boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, my opinion of a fast car has nothing to do with the drag strip. I feel that if you want to drag race get a V8 RWD sports car and go to town. My opinion of a fast car is one that can smoothly make it around an autocross course and have power to pass in the corners. Going fast in a straight line is worthless. A V8 RWD sports car built for drag can go fast in a straight line, but my Honda will out corner it.

It's like comparing a Hyabusa to a Ninja 250, the Ninja 250 will lap that 1300cc monster just based on consistant cornering speed and manuverability. I have seen it happen in person. But if they go to the drag strip, it's obvious the 1300cc Hyabusa is going to destroy the 250cc Ninja.

So I'm building my car to be an autocross car, it will use the JDM MP1A LSD tranny with the closer gear ratios paired to the H22A4. My top speed will be garbage but acceleration and cornering capabilities are what I'm after.

As far as bench racing goes, my F22A6 is healthy and maybe even in better condition than both of the motors in those teggy and civics. I have the HP and TQ advantage over both cars and if they were equal weight, say they had a few passengers in the vehicle, I'm confident my CB7 would open their eyes in near stock form. Also if it were all about going fast in a straight line in a death can like a Civic I would get a 750cc motorcycle powered go cart. I'm more about comfort and safety, I feel my Accord is very comfy and safe, moreso than a 95 Civic or the 93 Integra.

My point of the thread is that I felt I made a mature decision and these guys ignorantly marked me down as not wanting to "race"... Really, they don't want to race or they would autocross. Hence why I am a big boy, I'm more mature on the decision to not street race. One day they may see the light and go autocrossing.

Best part about autocross is that you can work for the track and earn free track days.
    Last edited by wildBill83; 12-19-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Hear me when Im saying this, its deep.

If you really don't give a fuck, don't say shit to people like this. People like this think they are normal. Let them think that.

I can promise you that their life is 10x more full of bullshit than your own. They constantly create problems in their life thinking everyone else is fucked up all the while they are actually tripping over their own attitude all day long. They just don't realize their douche baggery contributes to their own problems because they think they are "normal" and everyone else is fucked up.

Anytime you point out that someone is flawed it gives them a chance to reflect. Fuck that. If you really don't give a shit, just grin and nod KNOWING that as soon as the conversation is over its done for you. You never have to think about the stupid shit they are saying again.

These motherfuckers have to live with themselves.

Who's really getting the last laugh here? Dont offer someone an opportunity to reflect or grow.

No matter how good it feels to tell someone,"You are a being a bitch right now" you should realize that the second you open your mouth, they just might listen.

If you really don't give a fuck, don't say shit. Let them carry on thinking they are normal.

Jokes on them.
      Last edited by toycar; 12-19-2012, 11:00 AM.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
        ... also, civics and integras are capable of handling great. sure they are more popular so theres a bunch of idiots that own them, but talking trash about them isnt any better than them talking trash about your accord.
        ^ Truth. I've seen loads of nice Civics and Integras at race events.

I wonder if there's a thread like this about Accord owners on some Civic forum somewhere, lolol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
          ^ Truth. I've seen loads of nice Civics and Integras at race events.

I wonder if there's a thread like this about Accord owners on some Civic forum somewhere, lolol.
          Man, you missed the point... Those civics and integras you speak of are ones that are purpose built... Did you see any ragged out stock ones with horrible pointless addons there who's owners were going around challenging people becuase they think their shiz don't stink?

I'm not knocking civic's or integras ... I'm talking about the group of morons that think their stock vehicle is a street racer... SMDH... This thread went 7 ways from Sunday from what I was talking about...

I haven't ran into many Accord owners who think thier stock vehicle could beat anything on the street and tried to drag race from light to light on public roads ... no Accord owners seem to be more mature.

Yes an Integra with suspension upgrades can handle better than my Accord, yes a Civic with a turbo can out accelerate my Accord... BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT.

@toycar: I don't give two shits about them if they aren't willing to learn, but if they try their bullshit in town and wreck into my family I will kill a mofo... I would rather see their POS at an autocross event sliding into the safety sand than on the streets sliding into someone else.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 12-19-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I'll stay on topic here...

Someone said "we've all done it and its called "lack of knowledge"". I have to disagree with this. I have never been this dumb to walk up to someone without knowing anything about their car and asked them to race.

You know the kid in the shitty civic will drive his car like its stolen too, just to try and beat you. I had this high school kid in a civic always try to race me around town. I'd go to the highway, drive slow so he couldn't pass towards a hill with a passing lane I like. Then when the kid tried to pass me in the passing lane on the hill at a high speed, I'd simply pull away. He would always have 2-3 of his friends in the car too, which would = more fail.

I guess it would be like me going up to a BMW and asking him to race. Then when he tells me what engine he has I blankly stare at him. lol. ..............Yaa, i'm not that stupid.

Comment

Well if a civic or integra in stock form handles like shit. Don't get me started on a 20 year old boat ass accord. So if we are autocross racing stock for stock a accord would get beat. And even with bolt on mods there still isn't much hope for a accord.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
                Well if a civic or integra in stock form handles like shit. Don't get me started on a 20 year old boat ass accord. So if we are autocross racing stock for stock a accord would get beat. And even with bolt on mods there still isn't much hope for a accord.
                Again, this isn't about racing or who would win. SMDH It's about morons being morons...

I have already stated several times in this thread the hypothetical situation of racing an Integra with upgraded suspension similar to mine, he would handle better... The guy with the Integra had beat the piss out of it, the motor sounded sick and he was on the cheapest tires available with blown struts. I told him I would compare lap times at autocross with him and he felt that wasn't a real race. His loss, he would have learned the short comings of his car and how to improve it as well as gain driving skill if he did autocross.

It's like Raf99 side, I don't walk up to an M3 and say hey what motor are you running, I'll bet I can beat you from red light to red light...

Autocross, at a beginners level, is about learning your car and approaching it's limits and pushing your skill level. It is not about racing or winning. There is NO SAFE WAY to push the limits of the car on the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  Man, you missed the point... Those civics and integras you speak of are ones that are purpose built... Did you see any ragged out stock ones with horrible pointless addons there who's owners were going around challenging people becuase they think their shiz don't stink?

I'm not knocking civic's or integras ... I'm talking about the group of morons that think their stock vehicle is a street racer... SMDH... This thread went 7 ways from Sunday from what I was talking about...

I haven't ran into many Accord owners who think thier stock vehicle could beat anything on the street and tried to drag race from light to light on public roads ... no Accord owners seem to be more mature.

Yes an Integra with suspension upgrades can handle better than my Accord, yes a Civic with a turbo can out accelerate my Accord... BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT.

@toycar: I don't give two shits about them if they aren't willing to learn, but if they try their bullshit in town and wreck into my family I will kill a mofo... I would rather see their POS at an autocross event sliding into the safety sand than on the streets sliding into someone else.
                  I've seen many people with Accords that are complete fucking idiots. On here, other forums, and in person.

Basically all we're saying is that all old stock Hondas suck for anything other than taking your ass to the grocery store.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                    I've seen many people with Accords that are complete fucking idiots. On here, other forums, and in person.

Basically all we're saying is that all old stock Hondas suck for anything other than taking your ass to the grocery store.
                    Agreed. But man is it irritating when someone with a POS stock honda thinks it's a race car.

I put money into my suspension, they put money into visual mods or worthless gauges or fart can exhausts. I know my car handles but I don't have to run around challenging people to prove it. These guys act like they have to prove something...

When my car is autocross ready it will be driven to the track, driven at the track, then placed back in the garage until the next track day.

Comment

When my car is autocross ready it will be driven to the track, driven at the track, then placed back in the garage until the next track day.
                      Thats cool but in my town we like to enjoy our cars inbetween the track days also.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I guess that's ok as long as you aren't pushing your abilities or the car's capabilities on the street and endangering innocent folks by doing it in the dead of night and can afford tickets/impound fees.

I don't want to risk it, but that is my personal view.

Comment

I guess that's ok as long as you aren't pushing your abilities or the car's capabilities on the street and endangering innocent folks by doing it in the dead of night and can afford tickets/impound fees.

I don't want to risk it, but that is my personal view.
                          You sound like me (personality wise). I love to push my car to the limit but I'll only do it when no-one is around (on the streets or open road that is deserted). If I were to race I'd probably race another accord and that's it, I think I've only raced a car once before in my life. Had plenty of chances but meh.

I'm not sure what's with these high school kids these days. I went skating at lunch and seen them parked in the parking lot where they hang out during their lunch break. Two EGs with lips, rims, spoilers, DIY headlights, and a bunch of other stuff done BUT... they drive the cars on dirt roads and during the winter. So the car would look great if they kept it clean and stopped driving it through mud puddles. Its like they have no pride in their work or their parents paid for everything and some professional put the stuff on for them (I hate these kids the most). They'll spin gravel leaving the parking lot too. Its these type of kids that will come up to you and ask you to race your very clean accord

Comment

Yea most of the time its out in the middle of no where or like 11:30 or 12 when police shift change happens.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
                              Yea most of the time its out in the middle of no where or like 11:30 or 12 when police shift change happens.
                              I cant justify racing on the street but I too work my magic late night isolated from school zones and cops.

Comment

There is an H22 in the Teg in my driveway.
                                Wut.

But seriously, as a girl, you would not believe how many people ask my old man about MY car.
                                He says, "That's her car", and they just keep on asking him about it.
                                Like I'm not even standing there.

That DOES NOT happen with Accord owners, only civics and teg owners.
                                And I LOVE a DA- but something in the brain be wrong with most of those guys.
                                Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Working...
                                X