No announcement yet.

oneoffaccord : 1991 Civic DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blox extended studs came in today. im going to bring them to work tomorrow and install them on the front hubs. i still have to do the rear brakes but not rush right now

Comment

Do you have any experience with that rustoleum gloss black on suspension parts? Does it wear or chip easily? I'm probably going to powdercoat the arms & knuckles on the prelude, but if this stuff has good longevity, I might do it instead since its wayyy cheaper.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        Do you have any experience with that rustoleum gloss black on suspension parts? Does it wear or chip easily? I'm probably going to powdercoat the arms & knuckles on the prelude, but if this stuff has good longevity, I might do it instead since its wayyy cheaper.
        no i never had experience with rustoleum paint on suspension parts. on the accord i got everything powdercoated. i just painted the knuckles the lower control arms and forks are getting powdercoated

Comment

picked up my drivers side patch panel this morning. Im going to start on the panel late next week. pics up later

Comment

patch panel

next i have to order the passenger side rocker panel. maybe this coming week

Comment

heres alitte update. we were kinda slow at work for awhile, so i decided to install the BLOX extended studs in the front hub. Everything went well. just need to tact weld the back of the studs tomorrow and they are good to go. i dont know when ill be buying ball joints or wheel bearings. hopefully soon

Comment

right rocker panel patch is ordered and shipped put some more money down at the powercoater. thats the only update i got so far

Comment

just finished taking off the rear calipers, brackets, rotors and wheel bearings. ill be taking them to work and doing the following

resurfacing the rotors
                  wire wheel the calipers and brackets
                  knocking out the old studs and installing blox extended studs

i shouldve gotten pics tonite. ill do so tomorrow of the before and then the after

Comment

heres what i did so far today and tonite. I installed the rear studs at work. resurfaced the rotors. at home i painted the back of the hubs with rustoleum black same with the rotors. installed the rear hubs on the trailing arm. also got my right side rocker panel as well. bitch is long as hell. wtf.

Comment

Looks like you've been getting some work done, Larry! Loving the progress...Question though, do you always have to weld the back of those extended studs? Because I never had to do that with my ARP extended studs..They usually just press in by themselves once I start tightening the lug nuts, and they stay that way

I might need your help on something bro, regarding fuel line. Perhaps I'll shoot you a PM in a bit, I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance, and keep us updated please

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
                        Looks like you've been getting some work done, Larry! Loving the progress...Question though, do you always have to weld the back of those extended studs? Because I never had to do that with my ARP extended studs..They usually just press in by themselves once I start tightening the lug nuts, and they stay that way

I might need your help on something bro, regarding fuel line. Perhaps I'll shoot you a PM in a bit, I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance, and keep us updated please

Ronald
                        you really dont have to weld the back but its a security thing. i heard that you needed to do that. i know one of the hub i had problem with the stud coming back out when i was air hammering the other stud in . yea shoot me a PM i think i know what you want done. haha

Comment

working on the civic now. just finished up the passenger wire tuck. pics of the brake tuck progress later tonite

Comment

Since ive been busy doing other shit finally got around to working on my hatch. i finished up the passenger side wire tuck. i then went to work on the brake tuck. got the front lines and fittings completely done. next on the list is finishing up the brake tuck.

also since we were slow at work, i wire wheeled the rear calipers and brackets. ill be painting these very shortly. but for now heres a few pics. nothing major at all.

Comment

a little update for you guys. spoon style mirrors and Energy Suspension’s Front Control Arm Bushings came in today. ill post pics up later

Comment

wtf i have to order another set of bushings. the set that i got dont include the other lower control arm bushing. it comes with the front shock bushing set. just ordered that.

Comment

Working...
                                X