No announcement yet.

oneoffaccord : 1991 Civic DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well here is a lil run down on this motor. its missing the breather chamber for the pcv system, timing belt, alot of things on the intake manifold. a few bolts. its a OBD 0 motor as you can tell my the vtec solenoid plug. as for now its going to stay in the corner in the garage covered. ill collect parts when i can. i just won me a blox intake manifold off ebay the other day for $82. so heres the other pics

Comment

Rebuild? Looks to be in pretty tough shape.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        Rebuild? Looks to be in pretty tough shape.
        its really not in rough shape at all. from what my friend told me it was rebuilt with CTR pistons and a ITR oil pump. the motor has been sitting since ive known my friend. so thats like 8yrs. but i think its been sitting for a little longer also

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
          its really not in rough shape at all. from what my friend told me it was rebuilt with CTR pistons and a ITR oil pump. the motor has been sitting since ive known my friend. so thats like 8yrs. but i think its been sitting for a little longer also
          Everything corroded like that on the outside isn't a good sign, looks like it was sitting in a real damp place. I hope it works out for you tho!
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Everything corroded like that on the outside isn't a good sign, looks like it was sitting in a real damp place. I hope it works out for you tho!
            its been sitting in a garage with shit coving it for a while. alumninum corrodes once water hits it. it will be fine, but thats for the heads up

Comment

got a little update today. nothing major. went to the junkyard and picked up this center taillight (more like a big reflector peice) for $20. its mint. had it hidden for a few months now. lol. i need a better pic, once i clean it up

Comment

forgot to take a pic of this mint B18C valve cover

Comment

well got a little bit more done today on the hatch. nothing major. install the filler panel, that goes between the headlights and bumper. its a lil beat up, but is workable. had a lil rust on it. so i grinded as much as i could off and brushed on some RUSTMORT by SEM. i ran out of primer, so ill get some on tuesday. Lay down some primer then ill do the body filler job.

Comment

Got a lil more update. im working on it a lil more than normal. thats cause im doing alot of other shit at the sametime. so if im spraying primer or doind bodyfiller i might aswell make a lil extra at the same time right?

so anyways i finally got some primer yesterday. sprayed the filler panel where the rust was at and a few other small spots aswell. today i applied some bodyfiller then followed it up by finishing putty. next is to sand that down and go from there.

Comment

intake manifold arrived today. also ordered a timing belt cover aswell. pics later

Comment

OEM timing belt came in today. will post pics later today

Comment

test fit

side by side

Comment

OEM upper timing belt cover

Comment

left rear taillight came in today. next is to go to the junkyard and get the other side. pics later

Comment

so what about the new cb7? is this your prime project?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                                X