Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
    haha i praise my car but not to the extent of gold plating it.

    i used to go all royal purple and strictly s2000 filters on my 91 4door. but this one is mobile-1 with fram and if im on a good mood ill buy the tough guard one. i know fram is a pos filter but as a college student with no job my wallet can pay for fram. i just recently changed the oil brand to castrol syntec cause it was 2 dollars cheaper at walmart lol

    its kinda fortunate that the boot tore near the half shaft. i wouldnt have to worry as bad with driving it around temporarily. plus its a bitch to clean that shit off your wheel!
    i'm pretty wasteful, my car has always run synthetic Royal Purple if not Mobil 1. I'm running amsoil because long gave me a pretty good deal on some excess he had. I use every filter but fram lol, bosch premium seems to be a good filter from what I've gathered online.

    my buddy just picked up his half shafts from a prelude type-s front clip at Hmotors yesterday. Everything on that front clip has already been spoken for from the rad support to the fogs--everyting!

    edit
    nice h22 gerald, I always thought you had an H

    Comment


      Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
      haha i praise my car but not to the extent of gold plating it.

      i used to go all royal purple and strictly s2000 filters on my 91 4door. but this one is mobile-1 with fram and if im on a good mood ill buy the tough guard one. i know fram is a pos filter but as a college student with no job my wallet can pay for fram. i just recently changed the oil brand to castrol syntec cause it was 2 dollars cheaper at walmart lol

      its kinda fortunate that the boot tore near the half shaft. i wouldnt have to worry as bad with driving it around temporarily. plus its a bitch to clean that shit off your wheel!
      Go to pepboys and try a purolator filter. It is about the same price as a fram, but supposedly better in quality.

      Comment


        Hay Craig, hit me up when you get some headers!


        If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
          Go to pepboys and try a purolator filter. It is about the same price as a fram, but supposedly better in quality.
          Yup yup read it on another forum (sorry didn't have it saved), and test proven that Purolator is a pretty decent oil filter.
          Hi

          Comment


            Originally posted by R33cb7 View Post


            Got to give a thank you and shout out to Craig for the hook up! Can't beat all this for $2095! This engine is clean as hell. Once again, thanks. I'll keep you all updated!
            i wouldn't mind having that in my car.
            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


            :::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

            Comment


              Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
              so i lifted the car to drain my oil before i go to the store to buy some.

              i saw the tale tell dark grease which ment only one thing..


              a broken cv boot. this boot was completely torn all the way around.
              http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6901/dsc02158cl4.jpg

              so instead of just buying oil and a filter i bought an axle as well.
              That sucks Jed. I still have BB4 axles from my swap. Dont know if they would fit your car or not, but you are more than welcome to have them.

              Sold, but not forgotten.

              Comment


                nice pickup gerald! hit up primesniper (ricardo). he has a DC sports header he just took off his h22. pretty nice and clean just like his car. you ride will be BANGING with the new heart! do it.

                new with me, and in the light of jed's mishap, i replaced leo's axles. i broke my breaker bar in the process trying to remove the axle nut . took it to jesus's work and broke his breaker bar as well . had to go with an 3/4 impact gun made for semi-trucks to get both nuts off. sorry jesus bout your bar bro, and thanks for the last min help!

                also replace my bro's axles on his civic at the same time. i'm axled out for the month...
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                  nice pickup gerald! hit up primesniper (ricardo). he has a DC sports header he just took off his h22. pretty nice and clean just like his car. you ride will be BANGING with the new heart! do it.

                  new with me, and in the light of jed's mishap, i replaced leo's axles. i broke my breaker bar in the process trying to remove the axle nut . took it to jesus's work and broke his breaker bar as well . had to go with an 3/4 impact gun made for semi-trucks to get both nuts off. sorry jesus bout your bar bro, and thanks for the last min help!

                  also replace my bro's axles on his civic at the same time. i'm axled out for the month...
                  ouch, i dont know how long that axle was in my car but i took off the wheel and sprayed pb blaster on the spindle nut. let that stuff marinate before i do work my axle on tuesday night. hopefully itll be easier to take out. i took broke a breaker bar before doing my axle. thats before i had a air-compressor.

                  i went to the san bernardino distribution coperate HQ in san bernardino to get my axle. they said 9/10 times they would have the part. so i basically was the 1/10 who was fortunate not get have the part instock! on top of that i bought the wrong size socket. i forgot how big the spindle nut was and it was 36mm. i did a quick google and i read that it was a 32. but i didnt realize that was for a civic! pissed me off cause it was my fault for not putting "prelude spindle axle nut." its okay i have to go back to napa anyway to pick up my axle. so im going to return my wrong size socket.

                  just to give you guys a heads up when you guys go to a NAPA make sure its a corperate owned napa not a private owned one. corperate is cheaper in parts!

                  i hate working on axles!!!

                  Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                  Go to pepboys and try a purolator filter. It is about the same price as a fram, but supposedly better in quality.
                  thanks for the heads up long. im going to do that next time.

                  H22 gurus:
                  when changing oils on your H do you do it every 5k or 3k? i do mine every 3k. but ive added so much oil inbetween that i dont even know why i should change oil

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                    ouch, i dont know how long that axle was in my car but i took off the wheel and sprayed pb blaster on the spindle nut. let that stuff marinate before i do work my axle on tuesday night. hopefully itll be easier to take out. i took broke a breaker bar before doing my axle. thats before i had a air-compressor.

                    i went to the san bernardino distribution coperate HQ in san bernardino to get my axle. they said 9/10 times they would have the part. so i basically was the 1/10 who was fortunate not get have the part instock! on top of that i bought the wrong size socket. i forgot how big the spindle nut was and it was 36mm. i did a quick google and i read that it was a 32. but i didnt realize that was for a civic! pissed me off cause it was my fault for not putting "prelude spindle axle nut." its okay i have to go back to napa anyway to pick up my axle. so im going to return my wrong size socket.

                    just to give you guys a heads up when you guys go to a NAPA make sure its a corperate owned napa not a private owned one. corperate is cheaper in parts!

                    i hate working on axles!!!



                    thanks for the heads up long. im going to do that next time.

                    H22 gurus:
                    when changing oils on your H do you do it every 5k or 3k? i do mine every 3k. but ive added so much oil inbetween that i dont even know why i should change oil
                    also when going to napa make sure you are a AAA memeber you get a discount on anything you buy minus oil and filter and other general maintenance stuff.

                    "Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.

                    Click Me

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
                      also when going to napa make sure you are a AAA memeber you get a discount on anything you buy minus oil and filter and other general maintenance stuff.
                      yea i used that too!

                      so how about that paint? lol

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                        new with me, and in the light of jed's mishap, i replaced leo's axles. i broke my breaker bar in the process trying to remove the axle nut . took it to jesus's work and broke his breaker bar as well . had to go with an 3/4 impact gun made for semi-trucks to get both nuts off. sorry jesus bout your bar bro, and thanks for the last min help!

                        also replace my bro's axles on his civic at the same time. i'm axled out for the month...
                        Those axles must have been on there forever. When I had changed the brakes on my CB the driver side came off using my 1/2" cordless impact and the passenger side wouldn't budge. My friend Henry, Johnny, and I couldn't even get the axle nut off after jumping on the breaker bar. Later on my other buddy came over and was like if you guys pull the breaker bar up instead of pushing down it'll be easier, and sure enough the nut came off with a lot less effort.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                          nice pickup gerald! hit up primesniper (ricardo). he has a DC sports header he just took off his h22. pretty nice and clean just like his car. you ride will be BANGING with the new heart! do it.

                          new with me, and in the light of jed's mishap, i replaced leo's axles. i broke my breaker bar in the process trying to remove the axle nut . took it to jesus's work and broke his breaker bar as well . had to go with an 3/4 impact gun made for semi-trucks to get both nuts off. sorry jesus bout your bar bro, and thanks for the last min help!

                          also replace my bro's axles on his civic at the same time. i'm axled out for the month...
                          If you buy a breaker bar from sears its lifetime replacable. You dont even need a receipt. Just bring it in an get it exchanged. Thats what I do.


                          Follow me on Instagram: @jdm_inspired_93

                          1993 Accord EX
                          2011 Accord EXL


                          Click here for: eBaY iTeMs

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post

                            new with me, and in the light of jed's mishap, i replaced leo's axles. i broke my breaker bar in the process trying to remove the axle nut . took it to jesus's work and broke his breaker bar as well . had to go with an 3/4 impact gun made for semi-trucks to get both nuts off. sorry jesus bout your bar bro, and thanks for the last min help!

                            also replace my bro's axles on his civic at the same time. i'm axled out for the month...


                            broke 2 breaker bars when i did mine, but that axle nut didn't have a chance with the dremel metal cutting wheel..

                            Comment


                              haha on cutting the nut off!

                              good thing my breaker bar was a craftsman (sears) so i'll get a new one , but sorry for jesus' since i dunno bout his . also my torque wrench is all tired out from those 181-ft-lbs i did to torque the axle nuts. hopefully they can warranty that too (prolly not but i'll see).

                              and jed, yes you still need to change the oil even if you keep adding every so often. stop hitting that crossover point and you shouldn't have to add as much .
                              1cor10:31
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by casterX View Post
                                OEM Stanley CB side marker = part # 3890

                                "3890" should be stamped/printed on the underside of side marker..
                                And sure enough, it is stamped with "3890"

                                Got 'em for $25.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X