Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
    haha. bastard hold up i'll ninja edit the post in a minute.

ninja edit...my Fail. I gotta stop these stupid RICER mods...lol
    Not bad, should paint the outer trim black.

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
    I once saw a dude driving with a surfboard in his CB. It was stretched from the back to the front, with the nose of the board on top of the dash.

I need to do that. Did you clean or sand the moldings?

Not my favorite mod. I don't get replacing a newer steering wheel from a newer generation Honda with an older one. I don't get what looks good about it. But thats just my opinion.
    Now I know a cb7 can swallow a surfboard ahah. I'm guessing the back seat was folded down and it was fed into the trunk.

I just used TypeG's diy as a reference and sanded with 320 and 1000grit(diy said 600 but i had spare 320), sprayed adhesive promoter, and used duplicolor trim paint. TypeG used some vinyl paint but I didnt like the gloss and wanted it to resemble oem finish, so I just used trim paint. The masking was the hardest part because our moldings have a little groove above them and I wanted to make sure I didnt paint that area of the groove black lol. You could take off the moldings but you'll have to double side tape them back on because the clips are supposedly not saveable after removal.

I think the 3rd gen wheel is appealing because it looks a little more sportier with its 3 spoke/prong design that you see commonly with aftermarket wheels and it some what resembles the non-srs itr wheel people put on.
    Last edited by ikayto; 12-31-2008, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
      You got that thing in the back of teh BB6?
      oh naw, i used my pops tacoma to pick it up.

i spent the longest day evar on the road.

sd to burbank to ontario to sd.

the motor is with the good ol lords hands now.

Comment

at least it was in a comfy truck and not in a stiff suspensioned bb6 :P

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
          at least it was in a comfy truck and not in a stiff suspensioned bb6 :P
          if the truck had suspension like the bb6 then the motor would jiggle its way to the back or side to side.

anyway im picking up an 8lb fidanza flywheel this friday.

Comment

Might be converting it to Manual this weekend
            Insert Lame Comment Here.

Comment

After taking my car for the 4th time to fix a leak on the same tire, the dudes at americans tire company found a pin hole size leak after putting 50psi in the tire. I guess they couldn't fix it or something, so they gave me a brand new tire. For a minute there I was thinking I might have to invest in an air compressor. It was loosing about 3 to 4 psi per week.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

ah, and the myserious leak is now solved

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
                  car looked good yesterday Ralph You should take the Rear seats out man, I took mine out.
                  thanks paul.......did you install the rear mud guards...?? post some pics up !!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

uuuggghhhh

haynes manual SUCKS.
                    FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
                      uuuggghhhh

haynes manual SUCKS.
                      you need some help?

Comment

eek gary, what are you up to?

I do notice haynes manual gets a little vague at times when I read over things that I've done before without it and it misses some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                          you need some help?
                          do you know how to get the evap out of the way, i think i have to disconnect the a/c lines at the firewall but im trying to avoid having to refill the a/c or whatever

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                          eek gary, what are you up to?

I do notice haynes manual gets a little vague at times when I read over things that I've done before without it and it misses some stuff.
                          heatercore! tired of freezing my ass off haha.
                          the haynes manual always makes it sound so easy. "unbolt the steering column brace at both sides of the cowl" and "remove 6 bolts and pull the dash up and out"
                          it doesnt tell you that you have to remove the airbag or how and pulling the wiring harness out is a bitch!
                          oh well its time for beers, back at it tomorrow when theres more light.
                          FA1

Comment

have you tried pulling the xbrace out, and pulling the blower/core up and out?

Comment

yes you do have to disconnect the two ac lines in the engine bay to get the evaporator out.
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

some sorry ass pics of my car.

sorry, I'm not a good photographer and I have a cheap ass camera also.
                                The beginning of a new era............................
                                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                                X